alisheikh021

H1 Visa expense on employer and employee ends.

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

This is the way i understand how it works - others on H1B visa might be able to tell your more.

1. need to find an employer that can apply for H1B visa. 
2. need to be hired by said employer
3. Employer needs to petition for your H1B visa. 
4. If you are selected, (lottery style), you will get your H1B visa. 

Thanks abumiqdad for your reply and this is very understood process. Actually, I want to discuss one stage later. I already have an company who is willing to file H1 visa for me but obviously some fee will occur which they suppose to pay to govt also other expenses will occur like documentation, lawyer etc for employer so there are two questions now: 

1- How much expense usually occur by employer to Govt or other formalities?

2- Will employee also suppose to pay some charges to lawyer or other documentation?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Varies, legal costs are the biggest factor.

No, be very concerned if you are asked.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Huh, Employer pays.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
19 hours ago, alisheikh021 said:

Hello All, 

I have currently B1 visa (multiple visit visa) and I want this to change in H1 (work visa).

Can anyone let me know if any company sponsor me for H1 visa what expense employer need to pay to government and any charges suppose to pay by me as well?

Appreciate your feedback.

They pay for everything, you pay for nothing.

They apply for you on April 1st when there's a lottery. If it gets approved you can start your COS process on October 1st to start work.

Good luck!

30 minutes ago, Mollie09 said:

They pay for everything, you pay for nothing.

They apply for you on April 1st when there's a lottery. If it gets approved you can start your COS process on October 1st to start work.

Good luck!

Thanks Mollie,

I know about one lottery visa process but my country is not in eligible list but I am in consideration that this is another visa.

Regarding work visa, it does not about which country an employee belongs. If employer want to hire him/her so they can file case for sponsor ship. 

Right?

Timeline

Is the Employer a non profit?

Timeline

So a Lottery application.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 minutes ago, alisheikh021 said:

So in lottery application, if any country is not in eligible list, so still possible for employer to this application?

You're confused. We're not talking about the Diversity Visa lottery.

There's a lottery for work visas every year regardless of your country of origin. You enter it on April 1st of every year to begin work on October 1st of the same year.

3 minutes ago, Mollie09 said:

You're confused. We're not talking about the Diversity Visa lottery.

There's a lottery for work visas every year regardless of your country of origin. You enter it on April 1st of every year to begin work on October 1st of the same year.

Great!!! 

Now got it, thanks for this info.

Its mean, this year has passed and now only chance to enter in it by April 2018. Eventually, there is no fee need to pay by employee and employer should taking care of all these. Right? Can you confirm how much it is usually?

Timeline

As has been mentioned it varies due to Lawyer costs.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.