PAIGE-RAJESH

B1/B2 FOR VISTING U.S GIRLFRIEND

12 posts in this topic

Timeline

Hello , Hope you're doing well. 

Me and Paige (my girlfriend )  are in a long distance relationship from 2012.

I am working as an electrical officer In merchant Navy for the last 2 years .  

I am having a C1D visa . 

We met in person for the first time in Tacoma , Washington , when my ship was docked there.  We were able to spend only one day . 

Now I am planning for a actual trip by air using a tourist visa .  

My actual concern is whether my visa will be approved if I tell the V. O that I am visiting my girlfriend . How should I prove them that my intent is only to visit her and immigrate ? 

You need to demonstrate strong ties to your home country. 

If you are asked who you will be visiting here you must be honest and tell them you have a girlfriend here. Don't try and hide information that you think will be detrimental to your case. Answer every question that's asked of you. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
18 minutes ago, PAIGE-RAJESH said:

I am having a C1D visa . 

We met in person for the first time in Tacoma , Washington , when my ship was docked there.  We were able to spend only one day . 

My actual concern is whether my visa will be approved if I tell the V. O that I am visiting my girlfriend . How should I prove them that my intent is only to visit her and immigrate ? 

If they ask you your purpose of applying for the visitor visa, you have to be truthful, so if it is to visit your girlfriend, don't try to hide that fact.  As to proving you have no intentions to immigrate, that is totally up to the evidence you can show related to the ties you have to India.  Since you are an officer in the Merchant Navy, maybe a document from your employer, or if you own property. 

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Tell the truth, they are not stupid.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
2 hours ago, PAIGE-RAJESH said:

I am having a C1D visa . 

*not immigrate 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

@PAIGE-RAJESH like others already said, say the truth and you will be fine, additionally, take proofs of your works status, contracts and agreements that ties you to your country. You will be fine.

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I agree with previous posters: Do not lie about your reasons for coming to visit -- this can cause problems with future immigration applications. Many people are in long-distance relationships, so it is certainly possible to enter as a tourist to visit your girlfriend.

You can prove that you only intend to visit your girlfriend -- not to immigrate -- by showing that you have strong ties to your home country. Here are some documents that you can bring to show this:

- An official letter (on company letterhead) from your employer confirming that you have a permanent job

- A home mortgage, land deed and/or lease showing that you have major assets in your home country, which you are unlikely to abandon

- Documents showing any other ties which you are unlikely to abandon, such as children or ongoing schooling

I just went through this with my boyfriend (I am the US resident).

The big thing is they wanted proof that he intended to return home... He brought the following to the Visa Interview:

- Letter of Invitation from me stating that I was inviting him to the US, information on the housing where he was staying, travel plans within the US, that I would be financially responsible for him for his extended trip here (5.5 months)

- Letter from his employer with details of his employment (his work is all based online; so he would be employed by them and paid by them while he was abroad)

- Letter from his landlord with details of his lease, and information on him subletting his place for his long trip; as well as invoice and payment for storage of his car for the time he's away.

- Letter about his education, stating the dates that he started and that he could continue to study while abroad because of the online nature of his classes but that he would need to register in person for the following semester.

- E-Mail chain between himself and his parents regarding the care of his dog while he's away.

- Maintaining his financial accounts in his home country with a temporary travel notice on his accounts.

He also brought these documents with him when he was flying. If you're planning on a long stay it may be likely that you get stopped on your way in so they can make sure that you are not entering with the intention to immigrate. They stopped him at the border because he is planning on staying for almost 6 months; asked him questions about me, our relationship, my family, the holidays he was spending here, my address, phone number, etc - went through our facebook conversation on his phone, etc.

He Arrived in the US: 2017-10-30

She said "Yes": 2017-12-19

They said "I do": 2018-01-19

BFP: 2018-03-31

Concurrent Filing of I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131: 

I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 Received: 2018-09-21

I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 NOA1 by Mail: 2018-10-02

ASC NOA by Mail: 2018-10-19

ASC Appointment: 2018-11-06

Baby Born: 2018-12-15

I-485 Courtesy Letter Re I-693: 2019-01-03

I-131, I-765 Approval by Mail: 2019-01-04

I-131, I-765 Combo Card Arrival by Mail: 2019-01-08

I-485 Interview Notice by Mail: 2019-08-06

I-693 Medical Exam: 2019-08-26

I-693 Medical Exam Results: 2019-09-03

I-485 Interview: 2019-09-10
I-130, I-485 Approval by Mail: 2019-09-14

Filing of I-751: 2021-09

I-751 Biometrics Complete: 2021-10-28

BFP: 2022-05-16

Filing of N-400: 2022-08

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Most important is that you prove that you plan to return home after ur time is up and whatever you do, don't overstay.  That will severely impact ur future chances.

Timeline
12 hours ago, WhatLoveBuys said:

I just went through this with my boyfriend (I am the US resident).

The big thing is they wanted proof that he intended to return home... He brought the following to the Visa Interview:

- Letter of Invitation from me stating that I was inviting him to the US, information on the housing where he was staying, travel plans within the US, that I would be financially responsible for him for his extended trip here (5.5 months)

- Letter from his employer with details of his employment (his work is all based online; so he would be employed by them and paid by them while he was abroad)

- Letter from his landlord with details of his lease, and information on him subletting his place for his long trip; as well as invoice and payment for storage of his car for the time he's away.

- Letter about his education, stating the dates that he started and that he could continue to study while abroad because of the online nature of his classes but that he would need to register in person for the following semester.

- E-Mail chain between himself and his parents regarding the care of his dog while he's away.

- Maintaining his financial accounts in his home country with a temporary travel notice on his accounts.

He also brought these documents with him when he was flying. If you're planning on a long stay it may be likely that you get stopped on your way in so they can make sure that you are not entering with the intention to immigrate. They stopped him at the border because he is planning on staying for almost 6 months; asked him questions about me, our relationship, my family, the holidays he was spending here, my address, phone number, etc - went through our facebook conversation on his phone, etc.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience . 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, PAIGE-RAJESH said:

My trip is only 10days , during Christmas &new year .  I have to join back my ship from India during January . I think I'll attach some documents pertaining to that . 

That would be solid proof that you have to return.  As others have said, if you are successful in getting the tourist visa, make sure you bring the same documentation with you when you come for your visit.  Most people forget that when entering the country with a visa, the CBP officer still can turn them away if they feel the intentions are to immigrate (think of it as a second interview).

Good Luck, and if you are successful, enjoy the West side of Michigan in the Winter and prepare for snow! :)

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.