Mara0899

Receipt number by text and a letter from USCIS

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Hi all, I'd like to need your help on my case. my US citizen wife just sent Form I-130 and I-130A to USCIS; after they received they sent text to her for Receipt Number YSC AA BBB(900) CCCCC and few days later she received letter mail with photo album back from mUSCIS. In the letter is: "We are returning item(s) you sent in support of your application/petition, as it is a format we cannot place in your file folder for review by an officer during the adjudication process...". so what does it mean for BBB(900) and that letter ? my wife could not find any Receipt Notice as they mentioned in that letter ? thank for all of ur reply. 

USCIS CaseNumber.jpg

23379740_1434803026641272_38320359_o.jpg

CaseLogin.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

That just means that they can't physically fit a photo album in the file they create for you & were actually nice enough to mail it back! Your case was sent to the Potomac service Center (indicated by the YSC), so now you wait about 5-6 months for approval.

4-24-17 I-130 sent to Chicago Lock Box

4-25-17 NOA 1 & sent to TSC

11-15-17 NOA 2

12-26-17 Case sent to Dept. of State

1-08-18 NVC Received case

3-12-18 Case Number Assigned / AOS & IV Fees Paid

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

3-16-18 Uploaded Civil Documents

3-21-18 Uploaded AOS Documents 

3-26-18 Checklist to reupload docs

3-29-18 Finished uploading docs

4-4-18 Case Complete

4-13-18 Received interview email

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Timeline

truelove29, she just got today a Notice for Action(Form I-797C) regarding to my full name, birth of date and country of birth, asked by USCIS in that notice. if there is no any change so no need to reply or confirm them back ?

Timeline
6 hours ago, Mara0899 said:

truelove29, she just got today a Notice for Action(Form I-797C) regarding to my full name, birth of date and country of birth, asked by USCIS in that notice. if there is no any change so no need to reply or confirm them back ?

Did she receive this after receiving the I-797? If so, then read that carefully if they are requesting additional information...or if they need you to confirm something. Otherwise, it might just say something like "if any of the below information has changed, please contact us"...then if nothing has changed you don't need to do anything. But just read it carefully.

11-15-17 NOA 2

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

4-4-18 Case Complete

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Timeline
20 hours ago, truelove29 said:

Did she receive this after receiving the I-797? If so, then read that carefully if they are requesting additional information...or if they need you to confirm something. Otherwise, it might just say something like "if any of the below information has changed, please contact us"...then if nothing has changed you don't need to do anything. But just read it carefully.

She just first got I-797C not I-797 yet. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Mara0899 said:

She just first got I-797C not I-797 yet. 

Ok, that could just be the receipt, as mentioned in the text. But read it carefully if they are requesting anything from you.

11-15-17 NOA 2

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

4-4-18 Case Complete

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Timeline
18 hours ago, geowrian said:

No action is needed if the info is correct. Just waiting...

ok, let wait and see what next. :)

17 hours ago, geowrian said:

In general, the first 3 characters represent the service center (YSC = Potomac Service Center) and the next 2 numbers are the fiscal year the form was filed. After that, it's just sequential numbering.

In the past, there was a more descriptive receipt number format (https://www.cilawgroup.com/news/2015/06/04/uscis-receipt-numbers-explained-lin-src-eac-wac-ioe/).

17 hours ago, truelove29 said:

Timeline

truelove29, what is priority date on form I-797C ? after i got this I-797C last two weeks to verify my birth of date, full name and country of birth. nothing updates from USCIS yet. let find in attached for my priority date.

I-797C-1.jpg

Timeline
3 hours ago, Mara0899 said:

truelove29, what is priority date on form I-797C ? after i got this I-797C last two weeks to verify my birth of date, full name and country of birth. nothing updates from USCIS yet. let find in attached for my priority date.

I-797C-1.jpg

The priority date of October 30th is the start date of this process for you. Since your receipt number starts with YSC, that means it's at the Potomac service center. You won't hear anything from USCIS for about 5-6 months. That's when you'll either be approved & move on the NVC stage...or they will send an RFE (request for further evidence) if they need any additional documents from you. So now you just wait 😊

11-15-17 NOA 2

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

4-4-18 Case Complete

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

That was the info saying your case is recieved.  Unless there is a request for more evidence  (RFE) then you will not hear anything until a decision is made.  

Time to wait for 6-8 months.  Try to keep busy. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
1 hour ago, NikLR said:

That was the info saying your case is recieved.  Unless there is a request for more evidence  (RFE) then you will not hear anything until a decision is made.  

Time to wait for 6-8 months.  Try to keep busy. 

They just informed receiving my case, but still not confirmed except. as I read in the US website, form I-797C is for mailing regarding to receipt, reject...but I-797 is for case confirmation. 

1 hour ago, Mara0899 said:

They just informed receiving my case, but still not confirmed except. as I read in the US website, form I-797C is for mailing regarding to receipt, reject...but I-797 is for case confirmation. 

Nothing is cornfirmed.  They recieved. That's all you will know for 6+ months.  

The I-797 is the NOA2 for when they've made a decision in 6+ months. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
13 hours ago, NikLR said:

Nothing is cornfirmed.  They recieved. That's all you will know for 6+ months.  

The I-797 is the NOA2 for when they've made a decision in 6+ months. 

NikLR, could you advise for this attached is it NOA1 ? what should I do next ? call them and confirm nothing changes on my full name, birth of date and country of birth or keep doing nothing until getting NOA2 from them ? thanks :) 

I-797C.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
55 minutes ago, Mara0899 said:

NikLR, could you advise for this attached is it NOA1 ? what should I do next ? call them and confirm nothing changes on my full name, birth of date and country of birth or keep doing nothing until getting NOA2 from them ? thanks :) 

I-797C.jpg

You do NOT need to do anything. This is your NOA1 telling you that they received your paperwork and inform you with your personal information they have on file for u.

UNLESS there is a mistake, you don't need to do anything. Just sit and wait as others said

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.