J/G

Documents to prepare for AOS - Los Angeles Office

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Dear VJ Users -- 

I'm scheduled for my AOS interview on 11 December 2017. I know I have more than 4 weeks but I always think better to prepare ahead of time. Can anyone share what does the AOS (K1 to Green Card) notice letter from USCIS said to prepare? I remember the email from US Embassy had a very specific list of documents to prepare for my K1 Interview, does the Notice for my Green Card interview will have a similar list of documents? 

Please advise.

Best, 

J/G.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

I'm not 100% sure but I think I've seen it mentioned here that yes, your interview notice letter will have a list of things to bring.

What I would bring personally is the originals of everything you have submitted so far + any new evidence you have collected since your AOS process started. :)

What do you have so far?

05/24/2017 Entered the US on a J1 visa

10/10/2017 We got married!

10/27/2017 AOS Package sent via USPS - Chicago Lockbox

10/30/2017 Package delivered 

10/31/2017 Priority Date

11/07/2017 Received email and text notifications about all 4 forms

11/14/2017 Received hard copies of all 4 NOAs

11/21/2017 Received biometrics appointment notice scheduled for 11/29

12/15/2017 Interview notice - interview is scheduled for January 19th! Holy #$%^ that's less than 3 months from PD!

01/02/2018 EAD + AP approved

01/16/2018 Combo card delivered

01/19/2018 Interview - recommended for approval

01/22/2018 New card is being produced :dance:

UBtw.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

@J/G adding to what Evie said, I would review the VJ Office review page that will give you an idea of what they took, what the questions may look like etc: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cty=Los Angeles CA 

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
3 hours ago, EvieMN said:

I'm not 100% sure but I think I've seen it mentioned here that yes, your interview notice letter will have a list of things to bring.

What I would bring personally is the originals of everything you have submitted so far + any new evidence you have collected since your AOS process started. :)

What do you have so far?

Hi Evie -- 

Yes, I have copies of EVERYTHING I submitted to the USCIS (i.e. I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, and AP). I've also collected some documents post of the AOS submission (i.e. banking, living, photos, letters, etc etc.). I'm just curious of what does the actual notice would tell me to prepare. 

THANK YOU. 

J/G

3 hours ago, T_P said:

@J/G adding to what Evie said, I would review the VJ Office review page that will give you an idea of what they took, what the questions may look like etc: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cty=Los Angeles CA 

Hi T_P --

Yes, I read the reviews of USCIS LA office and several users experience posted in the forum. Thank you. Being an Indonesian passport holder, I've undergone SOOO many interviews for different visas for different countries but this AOS interview seems to be the mother of all visa interview (it's no longer a Demogorgon type of situation, this is Shadow Monster type of thing). So I want to come prepared. 

Best,

J/G

Also, if anyone still able to share what does the notice said it'd be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU. 

Edited by J/G

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

@J/G will be here wishing you luck and sure that everything will work just fine. After your interview come back and tell us your success. :) 

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.