GoBig

list of documents to upload online for N400 ?

6 posts in this topic

I applied online under the 5-year eligibility rule.

What I uploaded that was required:

Front and back of my green card

Court certified documents regarding past criminal history

What I uploaded that was not required (but provided to front-load my application a bit and perhaps make it easier/quicker to process and do checks on):

Copy of my marriage certificate (figured why not, it's how I got my initial green card anyhow)

Copy of my child's birth certificate (wanted to show parentage details and address/proof of residency)

Copy of my foreign passport bio page (figured it'd make their confirmation of my travels quicker)

Copy of my State ID (to show further proof of residency)

Cover letter (not mandatory but wanted to include one )

Word Doc. attachment letter explaining all of my travel dates were estimated in good faith (had no concrete proof of 5-year prior travel history)

Everything else, I brought to my interview as "additional evidence" in case it was needed (tax transcripts for past 5 years, utility bills, etc.)

None of it was asked for----except, interestingly, the IO requested to see my original birth certificate and kept a copy of it on file....so I was lucky I brought that to the interview as well.  

On 11/5/2017 at 7:55 PM, Going through said:

I applied online under the 5-year eligibility rule.

What I uploaded that was required:

Front and back of my green card

Court certified documents regarding past criminal history

What I uploaded that was not required (but provided to front-load my application a bit and perhaps make it easier/quicker to process and do checks on):

Copy of my marriage certificate (figured why not, it's how I got my initial green card anyhow)

Copy of my child's birth certificate (wanted to show parentage details and address/proof of residency)

Copy of my foreign passport bio page (figured it'd make their confirmation of my travels quicker)

Copy of my State ID (to show further proof of residency)

Cover letter (not mandatory but wanted to include one )

Word Doc. attachment letter explaining all of my travel dates were estimated in good faith (had no concrete proof of 5-year prior travel history)

Everything else, I brought to my interview as "additional evidence" in case it was needed (tax transcripts for past 5 years, utility bills, etc.)

None of it was asked for----except, interestingly, the IO requested to see my original birth certificate and kept a copy of it on file....so I was lucky I brought that to the interview as well.  

I don't see 'Court certified documents regarding past criminal history' as a required. The requirements say the words, 'if'. Or am i missing that this is a must for everyone?

4 hours ago, gabreigns said:

I don't see 'Court certified documents regarding past criminal history' as a required. The requirements say the words, 'if'. Or am i missing that this is a must for everyone?

The above was what I uploaded, as I said, as required for me.

5 hours ago, gabreigns said:

Then it means it is not required for you. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.