lostspy

visa b2 cancelled

41 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

hello, i have a question, my b2 visa was cancelled, my wife is a permanent resident and she made the request for the i-130 petition after my visa was cancelled, do i have good chances to get my i-130 approved

4 minutes ago, edward jimenez said:

hello, i have a question, my b2 visa was cancelled, my wife is a permanent resident and she made the request for the i-130 petition after my visa was cancelled, do i have good chances to get my i-130 approved

Why was your B2 canceled in the first place? That could pose a big reason on wither or not your I-130 is approved or not. 

Timeline
31 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Why was your B2 canceled in the first place? That could pose a big reason on wither or not your I-130 is approved or not. 

the homeland security officer made my told him that i was working in the united states, he told that if do not said that to him he could send me to jail for 6 months, so i had to tell him that i worked 4 times in 5 months and he cancelled my visa, then my wife made the request and we are waitin the reply, my case was received but do not know nothing.

What do you mean he made you tell him? Is it true? If so, he probably told you that you had to answer with the truth.

I think you might need a waiver to get the visa.

Also, if you were as a visitor in the US, why risk it by working? If you had applied for a GC through married in the US, you could have received a work authorization in 3-4 months. 

I really don't get some people. You are looking at 12-14 months wait, and add 6 months or more if you need the waiver for working. 

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Coco8 said:

What do you mean he made you tell him? Is it true? If so, he probably told you that you had to answer with the truth.

I think you might need a waiver to get the visa.

Also, if you were as a visitor in the US, why risk it by working? If you had applied for a GC through married in the US, you could have received a work authorization in 3-4 months. 

I really don't get some people. You are looking at 12-14 months wait, and add 6 months or more if you need the waiver for working. 

i wasn´t married when that happened, and when i say than the officer forced me to said that its because he did it, he made me said something i didn´t do just because he didn´t want to let me intro the country, after that happened i had to get married with my wife in another country, she returned to florida and filled the I-130, she gave birth and i couldn´t meet our baby  

1 hour ago, edward jimenez said:

i wasn´t married when that happened, and when i say than the officer forced me to said that its because he did it, he made me said something i didn´t do just because he didn´t want to let me intro the country, after that happened i had to get married with my wife in another country, she returned to florida and filled the I-130, she gave birth and i couldn´t meet our baby  

Well, when someone asks you to lie just say no. He didn't have any evidence that you worked in the US anyway so he could not have done anything. The only thing he could have done is send you back to your country, but without any specific. When that happens, usually your visa is not cancelled and at least there is no record saying you admitted to working illegally or something of the sort.

Did he write on your visa why it was cancelled? They sometimes write some numbers. That could give you an indication of whether you will be asked the waiver or not.

Edited by Coco8

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Working on a visitor visa is obviously a no no, what effect it will have on an Immigrant Visa can not be know, could require a waiver may not.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Was your application for entry voluntarily withdrawn or was it an expedited deportation? Was there misrepresentation?

Either way, you can do the I-130 and then apply for the visa. If a ban is in place, they will notify you when the visa would otherwise be approved (you can't file it earlier anyway).

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
15 hours ago, Coco8 said:

Well, when someone asks you to lie just say no. He didn't have any evidence that you worked in the US anyway so he could not have done anything. The only thing he could have done is send you back to your country, but without any specific. When that happens, usually your visa is not cancelled and at least there is no record saying you admitted to working illegally or something of the sort.

Did he write on your visa why it was cancelled? They sometimes write some numbers. That could give you an indication of whether you will be asked the waiver or not.

he sealed my visa, it says cancelled on it 

Timeline
2 hours ago, geowrian said:

Was your application for entry voluntarily withdrawn or was it an expedited deportation? Was there misrepresentation?

Either way, you can do the I-130 and then apply for the visa. If a ban is in place, they will notify you when the visa would otherwise be approved (you can't file it earlier anyway).

i think it was an expedited removal , i made a FOIA request in order to try and get them to reconsider and reverse the Expedited Removal, and get my visa back, i need my visa i have to go and see my family 

Timeline
2 hours ago, geowrian said:

i think it was an expedited removal , i made a FOIA request in order to try and get them to reconsider and reverse the Expedited Removal, and get my visa back, i need my visa i have to go and see my family, but i need to know if a have good chances of getting my I-130 approved 

2 minutes ago, edward jimenez said:

i think it was an expedited removal , i made a FOIA request in order to try and get them to reconsider and reverse the Expedited Removal, and get my visa back, i need my visa i have to go and see my family 

Your family will probably have to come to see you for the time being. What made the CBP officer think you had been working? Did you have work-related items with you (business cards, copies of resumes, certificates, qualification paperwork)?

How long has your wife been a green card holder and how did she obtain that status? 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline
29 minutes ago, JFH said:

Your family will probably have to come to see you for the time being. What made the CBP officer think you had been working? Did you have work-related items with you (business cards, copies of resumes, certificates, qualification paperwork)?

How long has your wife been a green card holder and how did she obtain that status? 

i don´t know,  I think it was because the last time I went to Florida I stayed 5 months but I took five thousand dollars with me to cover my expenses and my passport had a seal of six months, I did not exceed my time in the United States, the officer wanted to canceled my visa because he forced me to say that I had worked and if  I did not say it he told me that he would send me to jail for 6 months

3 minutes ago, edward jimenez said:

i don´t know,  I think it was because the last time I went to Florida I stayed 5 months but I took five thousand dollars with me to cover my expenses and my passport had a seal of six months, I did not exceed my time in the United States, the officer wanted to canceled my visa because he forced me to say that I had worked and if  I did not say it he told me that he would send me to jail for 6 months

Sorry but this sounds like a BS.  He would not send you to jail. He had some suspicious that you were working and talked you into admitting it. If you didn't do anything bad, you wouldn't have said yes to working. 

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Timeline
41 minutes ago, JFH said:

my wife has been green card holder for almost five years, the next year she will become citizen, she obteined through political asylum

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.