973 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, dulcecandela said:

We just received our Biometrics notice today dated 12/1 so it took almost one month from the 1st NOA

thanks i just got worried coz other timeline says they received their biometric schedule 1 week after NOA1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just received my biometrics letter today. Appt Dec 20 :)

Edited by Orit.d

K1 Visa                                                                                                                AOS                                                                                ROC

Feb 23/17 -  NOA1  ··· July  07/17 - NOA2                                                      Nov 14/17 Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765                         Jan 26/20 Mailed I-751 

Aug 07/17 -  at NVC ···  Aug 09/17 -  Case # Assigned                                Nov 16 & 20/17 - NOA's                                              Jan 30/20 - NOA

Aug 10/17 - Consulate Rec ···  Aug 12+14/17 - Packet 3/4                        Dec 20/18 Biometrics Appt                                     Mar 02/20 Biometrics Appt 

Aug 28/17 - Medical ···  Sep 27/17 - Interview Approved!                           Jan 25/18 - EAD/AP Approved                                 Oct 14/20 New Card Being Produced Approved!   

Oct 02/17 - Visa In Hand ···  Oct 22/17 -  POE · Peace Bridge                     Feb 01/18 - EAD/AP Card Received                         Oct 21/20 - New Card Received

Nov 01/17 - Married!                                                                                           Mar 13/18 - AOS Interview Approved!                     ??? ??/21 - ...N400?

Mar 21/18 -  Green Card Received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

We too just received  Biometrics notice today dated 12/1 so it took less than one month from the NOA1

Edited by beatka1

Hey quick question everything for our case still says received but I was cleaning our room and put the NOAs in our binder for this process and I noticed we still have the cdrom with my husbands xrays and everything from DR. Was I supposed to send this???? I remember someone saying they were supposed to take it when he arrived in the country.  I'm nervous now!

Edited by Lolo260

Well we just recieved our paper for biometrics. Appointment is 18th! Is this a normal pace?or is everything moving along fast??? It feels fast but that's a good thing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
22 hours ago, Lolo260 said:

Well we just recieved our paper for biometrics. Appointment is 18th! Is this a normal pace?or is everything moving along fast??? It feels fast but that's a good thing

Our appointment is also on the 18th. I was excited at the speed of getting the appointment time. I hope the rest is smooth and fast.

1 hour ago, tab0712 said:

Our appointment is also on the 18th. I was excited at the speed of getting the appointment time. I hope the rest is smooth and fast.

Do you know if the work permit comes after the big interview or do they send it after the biometrics is processed? I just can't wait to be done with all this.  We are so happy to be together now and at least working through it all by each other's side but it's still so stressful!

51 minutes ago, Lolo260 said:

Do you know if the work permit comes after the big interview or do they send it after the biometrics is processed? I just can't wait to be done with all this.  We are so happy to be together now and at least working through it all by each other's side but it's still so stressful!

The EAD will come before the interview. It should be approved from 90 to 120 days from when you apply. If you are very lucky and your interview is scheduled before you receice it than you will get the green card and there will be no more need for EAD/AP. 

But the most comom is to apply, due bio around 30 days after.. than 2 to 3 months till you get EAD. And the interview will be scheduled according to your field office availability. 

33 minutes ago, Clara Monteiro said:

The EAD will come before the interview. It should be approved from 90 to 120 days from when you apply. If you are very lucky and your interview is scheduled before you receice it than you will get the green card and there will be no more need for EAD/AP. 

But the most comom is to apply, due bio around 30 days after.. than 2 to 3 months till you get EAD. And the interview will be scheduled according to your field office availability. 

So with the speed of the biometrics appointment we have recieved is that any indication that maybe things are moving a little faster than the 90 days?

8 hours ago, Lolo260 said:

So with the speed of the biometrics appointment we have recieved is that any indication that maybe things are moving a little faster than the 90 days?

It looks prety regular speed so far. Bio usally comes very quick.

if you are lucky you can get your EAD before the 90 days. Like now there are people from octobet receiving it around day 70, but some peope from august is still waiting and ate on day 126.. its something we cant control.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

hi guys, 

had my biometrics appointment on the 5th of December, everything went well. 

today got an RFE in the mailbox asking for the birth certificate english translation- I sent it already with the entire AOS folder . So , I am wondering now what should i send them back :

1. the notary certified translation of my Romanian birth certificate , Romanian to english translation , translated in Romania by a certified translator, has all the notary and translator stamps. this is the same i initially sent , did they loose it?

or 

2. should i translate again my birth certificate here, in US, maybe they want it translated by a translator here?

IMG_1779.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Just got our biometrics appointment. December 27th, so fun Christmas present for us! It was dated the 9th, which was less than 2 weeks after we sent it in.

Victoria & Nicholas

Spoiler

August 2009: Met online

October 2013: First in-person visit

February 2016: Second in-person visit

July 2016: Third in-person visit

March 2017: Fourth in-person visit (Got engaged March 13th, 2017). 
October 2017: Got married on October 21, 2017!

I-129F

Spoiler

03/20/2017: Application sent to Dallas lockbox via USPS Priority Mail

03/22/2017: Application delivered and signed for.

03/27/2017: Check for I-129F payment cashed.

03/28/2017: Text and email NOA1 received.

04/03/2017: Hard copy NOA1 received.

07/18/2017: Petition approved and NOA2 sent out.

07/22/2017: NOA2 hard copy received.

07/28/2017: NVC received case from USCIS.

08/02/2017: Case number assigned. 

08/03/2017: Case changed to "In Transit".

08/11/2017: Embassy received case.

08/11/2017: Medical!

08/20/2017: Interview date assigned.

08/29/2017: Interview! (APPROVED!!)

09/01/2017: Non-immigrant case created in CEAC.

09/04/2017: Status changed to Administrative processing.

09/05/2017: Status changed to Issued.

09/06/2017: Visa in hand!

09/14/2017: POE!

10/21/2017: Got married!

I-485 (and EAD + AP)

Spoiler

11/26/2017: I-485 (Plus EAD and AP applications) sent to Chicago.

On 12/13/2017 at 12:45 PM, piranda said:

hi guys, 

had my biometrics appointment on the 5th of December, everything went well. 

today got an RFE in the mailbox asking for the birth certificate english translation- I sent it already with the entire AOS folder . So , I am wondering now what should i send them back :

1. the notary certified translation of my Romanian birth certificate , Romanian to english translation , translated in Romania by a certified translator, has all the notary and translator stamps. this is the same i initially sent , did they loose it?

or 

2. should i translate again my birth certificate here, in US, maybe they want it translated by a translator here?

IMG_1779.jpg

They probably lost the one you send.

This is the website I used to translate mine: https://alliantranslate.com/?ps_full_site=1 I didn’t have any issues, I ordered the certified translation, it was 27$.

I uploaded my birth certificate on their site and in 24 hour they send me an email with the certified translation. I printed and Added to my package.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.