973 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

does anyone who received their EAD also received their SSN at the same time? (if the filed for it, there's a later I-765 form in which you can ask for a SSN at the same time of the EAD). 

thanks! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My wife's I-485 just changed from Received to Ready to schedule on June 7th.  Hopefully, they'll schedule it soon.

Looking for advices from members who got their AOS status from Received to Ready to be scheduled for an interview.  When your status changed, how long did it actually take until you receive the interview notice?

Thanks,

H.

Edited by hiepster

2 minutes ago, hiepster said:

My wife's I-485 just changed from Received to Ready to schedule on June 7th.  Hopefully, they'll schedule it soon.

One can hope! But for what it's worth, my husband's changed to "ready to schedule" in January, and we're still waiting.  This stage can take a while!

03/08/2017:  i-129f sent

03/10/2017:  i-129f received

03/15/2017:  Check cashed

03/15/2017:  NOA1 email/text confirmation

03/15/2017:  NOA1 NOTICE DATE

03/20/2017:  Received NOA1 hardcopy in the mail

06/10/2017:  NOA2 NOTICE DATE

06/15/2017:  Received NOA2 hardcopy in the mail

06/24/2017:  Completed DS160 application online

06/26/2017:  NVC Receive Date

06/30/2017:  NVC sent to embassy (electronically)

06/30/2017:  Paid fee online and Scheduled VAC appointment for 7/2/17 and embassy interview appointment for 7/25/17

07/02/2017:  VAC appointment completed (for fingerprints and photograph ... varies by country, don't panic if you're not familiar with this)

07/03/2017:  Embassy received packet from NVC (petitioner received email from embassy, advising case ready for interview)

07/06/2017:  Medical exam completed

07/15/2017:  Medical exam results picked up (sealed envelope + xray disc)

07/18/2017:  Police clearance certificate obtained

07/25/2017:  embassy interview! APPROVED!

09/27/2017:  Port of entry: Ft. Lauderdale

11/11/2017:  Married!

11/13/2017:  AOS packet (with EAD and AP) sent to USCIS

11/14/2017: AOS packet delivered to USCIS

11/20/2017: NOA1 Notice Date (for AOS, EAD, and AP)

11/28/2017: NOA1 Notices Received (for AOS, EAD, and AP)

12/01/2017: ASC Biometrics Appointment NOA Issued

12/19/2017: Biometrics appointment

01/05/2018: USCIS Case Status for EAD and AP shows "updated" but no new information

01/12/2018: USCIS Case Status says EAD approved; card in production

01/16/2018: USCIS Case Status says EAD card mailed

01/18/2018: USCIS Case Status says AP approved

01/20/2018: EAD/AP Combo card received via priority mail!

01/31/2018: Case status changed to "We are scheduling your interview" (at myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov)  

(original/main site, egov.uscis.gov, still shows status as "Fingerprint fee was received" as of 11/17/17)

06/01/2018: Still impatiently waiting :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
3 minutes ago, marc941 said:

One can hope! But for what it's worth, my husband's changed to "ready to schedule" in January, and we're still waiting.  This stage can take a while!

OK thanks.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline
8 hours ago, marc941 said:

My case has also been on ready to schedule since January 31st. Baltimore off says processing time is between 12 to 32.5 months... If that's the case i will need to renew my wife's EAD :unsure:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
On 6/5/2018 at 11:56 AM, FlashLG said:

After 197 days, I woke up this morning to a notification that my I-765 (EAD) is being produced!!! I'm so relieved.

I haven't had a notification about AP, although I applied for both together. Am I right in assuming that this too has been approved and I'll receive the combo card? I'm due to travel back to the UK in under 3 weeks and have been having sleepless nights for the last 4 weeks stressing over this!

A little background to my case. My NOA1 date was 22nd November. I received an RFIE 14th December for proof of birth (which was incredibly frustrating as I had already included my birth certificate when filing, but I sent my birth certificate again anyway). On 25th April I went for an Infopass appointment and was told I 'should have it in hand within 30 days'. 30 days later and I still hadn't heard anything, so I went back for another Infopass appointment. I was lucky as I saw the same officer again and he remembered me. There was no further update and I was stressing as I need to travel, so he called the office where my case was and explained the situation and asked if the person who had my case could look into it as soon as possible and make a decision. The person he spoke to on the phone said they'd email the officer who had my case but couldn't promise anything as it wasn't 'life or death'. The officer who helped me at my Infopass appointment took my contact details, and said he was going to check my case status everyday and give me a call by Friday this week if there had been no change to see if there was any news he could give me e.g. if he could see someone was working on my case. I'm not sure if his actions helped (as he had no way of knowing if the person he spoke to on the phone had even emailed the officer working on my case) but I'll forever be thankful to him for his help - he literally was the nicest guy (in comparison, the guy who greeted me at the desk when I checked in for my appointment was rude, and laughed in my face when I told him the USCIS website said that the current timings for EAD/AP were 3-5 months).

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for everyone still waiting. I know how frustrating it is when you see someone else has had theirs approved and although you're happy for them, it makes the wait even more tiresome. Believe me, I've been there. But hopefully the fact cases from November are getting their EAD/AP approved will give the rest who are still waiting hope that theirs is just around the corner :)

This post gives us some hope.  We are at day 196.   11/27 is our NOA1.   

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hey guys! Little update: I already have my EAD and AP combo card and I got the SSN card at the same time in the mail as well! 

As soon as they produced it they mailed it like in two days! I got it here today because I guess they don’t mail on weekends. 

Anyways good luck to everyone! 

2 hours ago, aasupp said:

Hey guys! Little update: I already have my EAD and AP combo card and I got the SSN card at the same time in the mail as well! 

As soon as they produced it they mailed it like in two days! I got it here today because I guess they don’t mail on weekends. 

Anyways good luck to everyone! 

Received my EAD and AP combo card today too :). So relieved as I'm travelling back to the UK in 2 weeks today!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 7.6.2018 at 4:58 PM, Olivia2804 said:

Congrats Martin! Thank you for keeping me (us) posted :)

I have also received good news earlier this week! My EAD has been approved and my GC is ready to be scheduled for an interview.

Do you (or someone else) have any idea how long the Boston local office takes to schedule interviews?

Oh congratz! When is your GC interview?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I Just received a notification form the App, my interview is scheduled.

i am kind of nervous just right now, still don’t have my EAD and my AP but my interview is scheduled. Can’t wait to have the letter to know more about it 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Just received status update via txt. To check my statua online as it has been updated. 3 of the same texts were received. 

Nj filer, local office Mt Laurel. 

I checked in the my uscis portal (new site) and nothing had changed. Went to the old site and it stated as of 6.18 my interview has been scheduled!!!!! 

Cant wait!!!  I submitted my ead early march. So its still processing. No updated on that one yet. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cayman Islands
Timeline

Hey guys, so I did request to have my employment authorization document expedited based on the severe financial loss category to a company since I have a job offer from the company and then got 3 updates yesterday on my case status with this the most recent, ' 'on June 18, 2018, your request to have your case expedited, referral number MSC*** was completed.' I've been wondering what this could mean a denial or approval. Anyone with similar experiences please advise. Thanks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hello everybody, I don’t want to go in a debate but do you think that the very long delay of our case have something to do about all the crazy things who are happening about immigration actually ? 

It’s scary.

Hello everybody, I don’t want to go in a debate but do you think that the very long delay of our case have something to do about all the crazy things who are happening about immigration actually ? 

It’s scary.

Timeline
8 hours ago, butterfly789 said:

It’s scary.

It’s scary.

The delays come from illegals filing cases to put off deportation.  They are just filing knowing things are behind and hoping we go back no immigration enforcement again.   

To be fair, actually the changes he wants to make to immigration are reasonable and will make it easier to move cases.    The current law is outdated and doesn’t fit today’s needs.    

Timeline
22 hours ago, simonvikih79 said:

Hey guys, so I did request to have my employment authorization document expedited based on the severe financial loss category to a company since I have a job offer from the company and then got 3 updates yesterday on my case status with this the most recent, ' 'on June 18, 2018, your request to have your case expedited, referral number MSC*** was completed.' I've been wondering what this could mean a denial or approval. Anyone with similar experiences please advise. Thanks!

You requested expetited after you had already applied?   

How did you do that?   

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.