973 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My husband is a November AOS filer (K-1).  We FedEx'd the documents to USCIS on November 15, they were signed for on November 17, 2017 by "J. Chyia.". 

This evening (November 28) at ~9:30 pm we received a text and email from USCIS indicating receipt, with receipt number and stating that within 7 to 10 days we will receive form I-797 via USPS mail.

Let the waiting begin!  Though, we are much happier awaiting these next steps *together* than awaiting the K-1 process apart from one another!!  :)

Edited by melissco
Added NOA date

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 11/28/2017 at 12:38 PM, Emmz said:

yes same here

All 3 of mine are now showing online

K1 Visa                                                                                                                AOS                                                                                ROC

Feb 23/17 -  NOA1  ··· July  07/17 - NOA2                                                      Nov 14/17 Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765                         Jan 26/20 Mailed I-751 

Aug 07/17 -  at NVC ···  Aug 09/17 -  Case # Assigned                                Nov 16 & 20/17 - NOA's                                              Jan 30/20 - NOA

Aug 10/17 - Consulate Rec ···  Aug 12+14/17 - Packet 3/4                        Dec 20/18 Biometrics Appt                                     Mar 02/20 Biometrics Appt 

Aug 28/17 - Medical ···  Sep 27/17 - Interview Approved!                           Jan 25/18 - EAD/AP Approved                                 Oct 14/20 New Card Being Produced Approved!   

Oct 02/17 - Visa In Hand ···  Oct 22/17 -  POE · Peace Bridge                     Feb 01/18 - EAD/AP Card Received                         Oct 21/20 - New Card Received

Nov 01/17 - Married!                                                                                           Mar 13/18 - AOS Interview Approved!                     ??? ??/21 - ...N400?

Mar 21/18 -  Green Card Received

Hi to All,

I would like to share my experience regarding drivers licence, if someone is from Illinois as well.

I did my Drivers licence on 23rd of September a month upon my arrival. I needed social security card and most recent I-94(whose expiry date was 23rd November).

So was the validity of,my DL only until 22rdNov. With hard copy of NOA1, social security card, marriage certificate I was able to extend my DL 

The officer at DMV faxed all those documents to Springfield and called to check if they will extend it. I was aproved for extension until 18th September 2018( my wedding date :)) 

So almost a year and expiring on my frst anniversary.

I had to pay 30$ fee, they call it renewal fee, did my vision test and a new photo was taken.

I wanted to share my experience with all of you with hope it will be helpfull.

Best regards and good luck to all of you on you journey 

Hello, quick update,  received our paper NOAs yesterday,  December 1st. So our timeline looks like this

Received date 11/22

Notice date 11/27

NOAs received 12/1

Is there any guess as to how long the wait for work permits are? We are located in Connecticut.  I know people say it takes up to 90 days but everything seems to be moving along quickly! I hope things stay at this pace. Wishful thinking!

hey all, i started a December Filers thread if anyone filed at the end of November and didnt make it until December. You can post in there if you like

K1 visa adventure 

02/20/2017- I-129F packet send to Dallas

02/22/2017- I-129F packet delivered

02/28/2017-- check cashed

03/01/2017-- NOA1 text and email received transferred to (CSC)

03/06/2017-- NOA1 hard copy received in the mail.

05/23/2017 -- Notified RFE

06/16/2017 -- Replied RFE

06/19/2017 -- CSC Received reply

06/26/2017-- Approved 

06/30/2017-- received NOA2

07/10/2017-- NVC Recived case

07/11/2017-- Case number assigned

08/14/2017-- Interview ( APPROVED )

AOS

11/29/17- Packet sent to Chicago lockbox ( I-485, I-765, I-131 included)

12/1/2017- recieved packet

12/6/2017 NOA1 text and email recieved

12/8/2017 NOA1 Hard copy recieved

12/26/2017 Biometrics done

03/31/2018 RFE - I-131

04/19/2018 Approved I-765, I-131 ( EAD & AP )

04/26/2018 Received combo card in mail

12/06/2018 Interview done - no decision

12/27/2018  APPROVED - card being produced

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I'm mailed AOS package on November 20 and received  3 text and email from USCiS two days later. NOA1 received Saturday November 25 .

Good luck to everyone !!!

7 hours ago, Emmz said:

hi guys just want to asked if ur travking number for ur AOS is still says finger pribt fee received? no biometrics yet still waiting for the biometrics

It doesnt change from that. Next step is ready to be scheduled to interview, interview scheduled, card being produced, card mailled to me, or it might say fingersprint fees received forever and never update to anything else.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, Clara Monteiro said:

It doesnt change from that. Next step is ready to be scheduled to interview, interview scheduled, card being produced, card mailled to me, or it might say fingersprint fees received forever and never update to anything else.

can i ask how many weeks u received ur interview schedule or biometrics schedule after u received noA1 hard copy in the mail? coz i received mine last nov 26 and its been more than a week and im still waiting for my bioemetrics schedule and interview schedule

2 minutes ago, Emmz said:

can i ask how many weeks u received ur interview schedule or biometrics schedule after u received noA1 hard copy in the mail? coz i received mine last nov 26 and its been more than a week and im still waiting for my bioemetrics schedule and interview schedule

It took a week for me. Depends on how busy your field office is. You should get it soon. 

Only God knows when the interview letter will come. Depending on the field office it can take over one year. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Clara Monteiro said:

It took a week for me. Depends on how busy your field office is. You should get it soon. 

Only God knows when the interview letter will come. Depending on the field office it can take over one year. 

thanks so its really the biometrics that come first before interview?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
On 12/7/2017 at 6:39 PM, Emmz said:

guys just want to asked i dont received my biometric letter yet its been 2nd week from the daybi received my NOA1

We just received our Biometrics notice today dated 12/1 so it took almost one month from the 1st NOA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.