Chris Duffy

Has any US Citizens moved to Philippines and worked there?

57 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

And if you are a dual citizen, you can not run for president.

Not surprising.

I am more directed this toward a US born citizen who wanted to move there and find work, it just seems an uphill battle all  the way.

If you are working for a company abroad and you have to work in Philippines that seems like a pretty good gig.

There is so much money to be made in Philippines, it just restricted to the people living there and doesn't open up for foreigner to legally make a living there.  Very one sided

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

12 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Only U.S. born .. so my buddy from Ireland that is now a USC won't count ...  say it isn't so..

Being Natural Born Citizen give one more rights in the USA, You can't be deported. You make a big enough mistake and US will strip your US Citizenship and deport you if you are naturalized.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

Being Natural Born Citizen give one more rights in the USA, You can't be deported. You make a big enough mistake and US will strip your US Citizenship and deport you if you are naturalized.

And that relates to working in the Philippines how?

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

Most naturalized citizens know more about the USA than those born in the USA .. scary.

I had a friend from Romania who is now a USC.  The study guide they gave her was interesting.  There are things she knows about the US that I didn't and I actually love history and learning.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

Most naturalized citizens know more about the USA than those born in the USA .. scary.

Probably so.  We have really raised a weak and very wimpy generation.  They want to stay home after high school and live in mommy and daddys house until they are almost 30.  Truly sad, we couldn't wait to graduate High School and move out at age 18.

Edited by Chris Duffy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 11/8/2017 at 9:14 AM, John & Rose said:

It is.  There are a few Sayaw ng Kamatayan schools but not many jujitsu schools.  Filipinos love the sparring techniques in taekwondo so I think jujitsu and hapkido will be popular there.  A bit more grappling than taekwondo so those are great sister arts.

Timeline
1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

I had a friend from Romania who is now a USC.  The study guide they gave her was interesting.  There are things she knows about the US that I didn't and I actually love history and learning.

Here ya are.. 3 years to study .. :lol:  

https://www.uscis.gov/citizenship/learners/study-test

https://my.uscis.gov/prep/test/civics

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

5 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

I downloaded the USCIS study guide for Rose too!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
9 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I downloaded the USCIS study guide for Rose too!

Requirements are; read, write & speak English, after you clear that hurdle you will be asked up to 10 questions from the 100 possible questions, you must answer 6 correctly ...   then you wait for the oath taking.  ;)

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.