raulmich2014

Possible Fraud Report

14 posts in this topic

I just want to share the possible fraud or scam. I reported this fraud because I was concerned with the amount of money involved.  The 76 years old guy involved is my ex husband. I am happily married but I want to help him because for me, he is being scammed. 

I reported to the ice.gov regarding  a possible fraud involving a woman (Filipina) working in China who is visiting a 76 year old man (US citizen) in the US using the visitor's visa (tourist visa). The 76 year old guy met the woman online. There are a couple of wire transfer transactions from the guy to a traveling agency in China. But the wire transaction of money is transferred to an individual when I checked with the Bank of America. The approximate amount of money sent to China is 19,000+ (Sept 28 to Oct 27). And another $5,000 was sent last Nov.1  The bank advised me to file a fraud report since the victim is a 76 year old guy (I can still access the bank account because it is still a joint account, which the money is being used to pay taxes and other expenses for our two house with both our names on it).

I called the woman in China and ask if she is going to marry the 78 year guy once she arrived here and she replied yes. The US citizen guy is a 76 years old man, and divorced 6 times. When I first met him, he told me that he Is married twice. But when I called his brother, I found out that I am the 6th ex wife and I had the longest marriage (10 years) among 6 marriages after our divorce last Feb 2016. And I am concern that he may be a victim of sending excessive  amount of money to China. He just known the woman since September 2017. I did not asked an alimony after our divorce because he might needed the money in the future for medical expenses, and I let him stay to our house for his convenience so that he do not have to deal with moving out, and so I moved out. I am afraid that once he would lose his money, he surely cannot go back to work. I tried to contact his brother to advice him.

I also suggested to him to go to the retirement center and might find someone of his same age. But he does not like to be surrounded with old people. He added that he likes to be surrounded with younger women. Our age between my ex-husband and I is 36 years old. I was 22 and he was 58 when we first met but it was a 5 year distance relationship before I decided to come to the US. I have known him for 15 years. We have an amicable relationship but he is mad at me for advising him to be careful  when he told me that he started online chatting with younger women last September 2017. I told him to be careful not to be scammed. I have told my friends about it who are also retired, and advised to keep convincing Don to go to the retirement community. I do care about my ex husband and I am interfering his personal life but he needs to be very careful. According to the US citizen that he is sending money to the agency to bail her out because she was detained in China Immigration on her way here last Oct 17 or 18, 2017 for carrying 2 bars of gold worth of $150,000. The story of the gold for me sounds silly. The woman works as a caregiver and she took care of an old woman in China. Before the old woman died, she gave the Filipina the gold bars. And I do not understand why my ex husband believed the story.  The travel agency asked for money from the US citizen to bail her out and sent another amount of money to pay the Chinese Customs in order to release the gold. And another wire transfer needed to ship the package including the insurance. The total amount he sent for a month is $24,000. I thought it was only $19000 but lst Nov 1, he sent another $5,000.

I wanna hear your thought about this because my ex husband thinks that the 2 gold bars are real. 

Edited by raulmich2014

29 minutes ago, raulmich2014 said:

I just want to share the possible fraud or scam. I reported this fraud because I was concerned with the amount of money involved.  The 76 years old guy involved is my ex husband. I am happily married but I want to help him because for me, he is being scammed. 

I wanna hear your thought about this because my ex husband thinks that the 2 gold bars are real. 

SCAM of course - she is not coming to the US ever.  Her name and all are fake.  There are 100s of stories of the same story from Russia etc.  use google and show him.  He will never see the money again.  If has too much - I can recommend families who need help around the world.

Hi Auds:

I actually send him the link of the catfish that I saw from Dr. Phil last Oct 31 but it did not stop him and sent $5000 dollars on Nov. 1. I filed a report at ic3.gov and I put his email but I think he ignored it. I asked my Chinese co workers about the gold bar. According to them, the story of the gold bar is crazy because it should have been given to the family member.

I even tried calling the police if they could go to the house to convince him that it is a scam but the police cannot do that unless my ex husband complains. Right now, I do not know what to do to convince him. He really thinks the gold bar will be here soon. I am calling my lawyer to seek advice if I could get a power attorney (I don't know ) just to stop him doing it. I do not know if he is going through mental issues since he is 76 years old.

Please any thoughts that I could do. Also, he is still chatting with Filipinas, how to report in the embassy that he already had a 6th marriage, and he should no longer be allowed to petition any woman by fiancée visa.

You probably want Fraud prevention unit in Manila - list of emails on the link below. 

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/

Can you declare your ex mentally incompetent and you take care of finances? I'd definitely have bank verify all money movements before they're done. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I see no evidence that she is actually a she or even has a Tourist Visa.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

3 hours ago, Boiler said:

I see no evidence that she is actually a she or even has a Tourist Visa.

I asked my ex husband about the tourist (visitor's) visa. He told me that the agency will take care of it. The name of the agency is Shijia Travel Service. I asked my Chinese coworkers about the legitimacy of the website, they think it is not a legitimate website because the phone number is actually a cellphone number. The website has not been updated since 2016. And one of the Chinese googled the address, it shows up like a hotel. The address does not reflect a legitimate physical address of the company. However, my ex husband has threatened me to file a harassment against me if I keep convincing him that he is being scammed.

I actually called the police about this matter but there is nothing they could do because I cannot file a report in behalf of him. The police told me that my ex-husband should file a report, which they think would not happened because my ex husband is being manipulated with this gold bar and by this Filipina. But the police advice me to keep convincing him. So, I went there yesterday but I could not longer get into the house even if I have a key because he put a doorstopper so I could not get into the house. I actually was talking to him with the door barely open while he was standing behind the door. I told him that he is being scammed but he gets really mad. So, I told him that believe him and he needs to open the door. It took me 30 minutes of begging him to open the door. He finally open the door when he heard that I believe him about the gold bar. 

I tried to do a reverse psychology by showing him that I am with him. He calmed down and he is so excited with the woman being here in the next few weeks. I told him that I am excited for him. He even told me that he would send me a picture once the gold bar arrives at the front door. I replied that I am looking forward for it.

But this morning, he gets mad because he turned of his phone and cellphone after reading the links I sent to him. Here is the link: http://chineselovescams.blogspot.com/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

How did you notify the Chinese police?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

2 hours ago, CEE53147 said:

Does he have children or other close relative in good mental state?  It sounds like he needs to be evaluated for a guardianship. Contact you local senior services agency for suggested options in his area.

He has a son working as an Army officer but they do not communicate with each other for so long. I contacted her brother if he could help me but I did not hear from him that he would call him. I am very desperate asking for help now. My ex husband sent me an email that he would call a lawyer and file charges like harassment against me. But I replied to him that I would to go to the court and explain the situation so that the judge would hear about the gold bar and would tell him that he is being scammed for sending huge amount of mney or tell him that is mentally incompetent so that I could be the guardian for him.

I am so desperate of help right now because I could not dare seeing him being victimized considering of his age. I have to drop my subjects because I am taking my graduate school, and I could no longer concentrate with my graduate school. I do not care if I have to sacrifice because I do believe that helping someone who is mentally incompetent is more deserving to be given an attention.

On Monday, I am planning call the North Carolina DOJ  at 1-877-5-NO-SCAM. Also, as you suggested, I will call the local senior services agency. 

I really appreciate all your suggestions. 

1 minute ago, Boiler said:

How did you notify the Chinese police?

I did not notify the Chinese police. I did call the Raleigh Police because the Bank of America advised me to call the police so that they could investigate it. However, I could not complain in behalf of my ex husband. My ex-husband should file a complain.

Also, I called the Chinese police in Guangdong China but they hanged up on me because I could not speak in Chinese. I went to google and search for the telephone numbers in Guangdong China. After multiple attempts of calling different police station in Guangdong China, a police could talk in English but barely and forward me to a number where there are police who could speak English. However, I called many times and no one is answering maybe because it is Saturday in China this morning.

I tried calling the Philippine Embassy in Guangdong China  if the could talk to this Filipina since  I got her number. However, nobody is answering my calls, and I need to call back again because it is Saturday in China.

I talked to my lawyer last night of him filing me of harassment. But she said that I might go to the court; however, I could defend myself that I am not harassing him but helping him.

15 hours ago, milimelo said:

You probably want Fraud prevention unit in Manila - list of emails on the link below. 

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/

Can you declare your ex mentally incompetent and you take care of finances? I'd definitely have bank verify all money movements before they're done. 

I asked that question to my lawyer, but I need to go to the court and it is process that I have to deal with. I already went to the Bank of America and spent two hours to file a fraud report so that it would alert him. However, nothing happens because he is very defensive that it is a legitimate transactions. Actually, he told me that the agency will file a report against for causing troubles. I told him that I am not afraid about it. 

I tried calling the Vanguard but they could not help me unless I have a documents from court as a guardian to allow me to control the finances. Therefore, he could withdraw all his money from his retirement and send it to China (hopefully not because he needs that money when he decided to go to the retirement community or assisted living and it cost at least $2500 a month here in Raleigh).

Then,  I remember that he has  Capital One account (he controlled our finances during our marriage and I knew he has three accounts from three different bank, but only one account was a joint account). I am glad that the Capital One does not allow international transaction.

Another question, how can I prevent him from petitioning another woman in other countries? I thought I was the 4th one but his brother told me the other day that I was the 6th ex wife. Though I am happily married, it hurts that he lied to me on our 10 years of marriage.

This is a scam! It happened to my mom's good friend too but she lives in another country. Basically, she met this guy online and he claimed he's an ex Navy living in the United States. He told her he's falling in love with her and want to marry her and want to bring her to live in the US. He sent her all this pictures of valuable gifts that he would give them to her once she comes to the US. He said hes a US citizen, my mom's friend can come to the US with him without having to file the paperworks. Then one day, he told her that he have sent all the gifts that he bought to her country. Someone called the next day, claiming to be an agent working at the airport. That guy said there's a package she needs to come pick up, 6 hours away from her house. But because the package contains so much valuable stuffs, my mom's friend has to pay a custom tax before retreive the package. He's asking for $500USD. She called my mom to borrow that amount and my mom told her its a scam, but she didn't beleive us. But anyways, later she admitted to my mom that guy is fake. Hes not from US. Blah blah, you get the story. Tell your ex husband to stop sending the money.

Thank you for providing me valuable information. I finally called the Philippine Embassy in Guangdong China and provided them the information needed to identify the Filipina. In less than an hour, they replied:  

Also if it matters, we would like to confirm that the Philippine Consulate General has not received any notification from the Bureau of Immigration, or Customs here in China that it held one of its national named Jenny Reyes for questioning on an alleged transport of gold bars. According to diplomatic protocol, within 24 hours we should have been notified by the authorities, if any such a case indeed exists. 

Now, I forwarded this email to my ex-husband and hopefully would open up his mind that it is really a scam. He stop communicating with me but it is okay as long as there are evidence to prove that the gold bars and Jenny Reyes do not exist. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.