Basti

I-693 > re-new blood test for STDs even though last exam for K1 was 6months ago (negative results)

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Hi,
my fiancee and I got married 3weeks ago. Now we're in the process of filing  I-485 to adjust my status from K1 non-immigrant visa to resident.
For this process I had to go see a physician today to get the I-693.
I learned that I don't have to get  another medical exam, since  my health check to get approved for K1 was just 6 months ago - and obviously all results came back fine.
Nevertheless the phd is telling me I have to get tested for STDs again.
Furthermore they're also testing me for TB and tell me I need a flu shot.
I feel like the guy either doesn't know that it's not mandatory if my health check has been as recent as 6months OR he's just trying to make an extra buck?!
I already paid $175 but need to pay additional fees for a flu shot and the STD test.
Can anybody help me out and let me know if this is really mandatory?
I not, where can I find proof that it isn't to show to the phd and get the I-693 filed/approved based on the negative test results from my recent K1 health check?
Thanks a lot!!

Flu shot may be needed but all the other testing is not. The physician should just transcribe your shot from the DS 3025 form to I-693 as it's been less than a year since you did the medical. 

You really should have instructions ready so you can point out exactly what needs done and what you will refuse based on already undergoing as part of your medical overseas. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.