JJBUI3

November 2017 AOS

366 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Sarah_k92 said:

My passport was stolen during the process and I just reapplied for a new one. They don't compare the passport numbers at interview. You will be fine! Have you called or sent a inquiry? You should do that to chase it!

I did and they just told me it's waiting to be scheduled but the status online says "Recieved" I don't know if that means the online status will go directly to interview scheduled or still go to "Waiting to be scheduled for an interview." Do I need my passport to be valid during my interview? Have you had yours yet?

17 minutes ago, Morty92222 said:

I did and they just told me it's waiting to be scheduled but the status online says "Recieved" I don't know if that means the online status will go directly to interview scheduled or still go to "Waiting to be scheduled for an interview." Do I need my passport to be valid during my interview? Have you had yours yet?

Then it means you’re waiting for your local office to schedule you in. It’ll change once they are ready to see you. I had my interview and they just asked for ID so I handed my new passport. Nothing was looked at but the picture and name. You could ring your home country embassy for advice on renewing your passport early and getting it expedited. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

***Reposting on this thread too***

Hello guys! Long time no posting! Well today was my GC Interview!!! Everything went smoothly...they only asked us regular questions (real name, parents name, DOB, place of birth...) and how we met, when we got engaged and when we married...then they proceeded to interrogate me about the questionnaire on the form I-485 (if I ever smuggled drugs, were arrested, were here illegally, was a communist, have ever commited treason, etc...) 

I got a big folder with a bunch or records and papers but he only requested the health records and immunization records that I didn’t submit, and he asked if I wanted to show him anything else, so I gave him the elegibility package I made (tax returns, health insurances, rental addendum) and also some wedding pictures. 

He said the interview was gonna take 45 min but I think it was shorter than that, prob like 30 min. After the interview he said that he approved me and that my GC should arrive by mail in two weeks! 

I received my interview notice on June 14 but didn’t check the mail until June 24 :rolleyes: I didn’t check my case online bc since I had my EAD already I didn’t bother and for some reason I didnt get an email alert. 

My office is the Portland, OR office and I can’t believe everything has happened so fast! 

Also my update.....

Interview date: 10th July

My Husband and I went for our joint interview for AOS. Overall, it was fairly painless. We arrived early and sat in the waiting room for around 25 mins. A IO called my name which both my husband and I stood. She did not do separate interviews.

We entered the office and she asked for a copy of our marriage certificate (apparently missing from file) also asked for IDs. She then stated she was going to run through our application. Asked questions such as “ When did we get legally married and whether our families attended?, What is my full legal name?, What other names have I used?, Date of birth, Where I live and if I have room mates? My husbands full legal name, his date of birth and where he lives. She then asked if I have a job and made a few notes. She finally went through all the yes and no questions at the end of the application. That was it, she said your green card will be mailed within 2-4 weeks.

In and out within 20 mins! I had prepared a full binder worth of everything. Not even looked at.

The whole experience was fine, everyone was polite.

My case was updated online within 2 hours, GC was mailed within a week. 

Now I'm heading home for two whole weeks, stress free! 

Good Luck to those still waiting!!

• 1 month later...

No updates from me regarding Interview. I assume it won't be any time soon, because I am in NYC. I will renew my EAD/AP soon and prepare for a 20month-24month total wait time. 

11/25/2017 - AOS Papers Sent

11/27/2017 - Package delivered by FedEx

12/07/2017 - NOA1's received in the mail

12/15/2017 - Biometrics Appointment letter received scheduled for 12/27/2017

12/22/2017 - Biometrics done I-485 & I-765 via Walk-In Brooklyn (done in under 15 Minutes)

02/14/2018 - Service Request to expedite my EAD put in via Hotline plus contacted my Congressman for help

03/13/2018 - EAD & AP approval Letters in the mail (106 days since filing)

03/15/2018 - EAD/AP Card in the mail <3 

1 hour ago, lms said:

No updates from me regarding Interview. I assume it won't be any time soon, because I am in NYC. I will renew my EAD/AP soon and prepare for a 20month-24month total wait time. 

We're located in Baltimore and we're scheduled for our interview October 4th, I hope NYC isn't too far behind! Best of luck.

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, valkener said:

How are NOV filers interviews going? We filed at the end of NOV 2017 but no interview scheduled yet.

Got my text and email notification that the interview has been scheduled last Monday 😄

AOS from B1/B2

11/03/2017:   Filed Package

11/13/2017:   NOA in the mail

12/22/2017:   Biometrics

01/09/2018:   EAD approved

01/15/2018:   Card Received

10/22/2018:   Text and email notifications for interview

12/05/2018:   Interview Date

12/03/2018:   Phone Call from USCIS, Interview rescheduled

12/20/2018:   New Interview date. Approved on the spot!

I-751

09/30/2020: Case received WAC

01/19/2021: Transfered to NBC

03/04/2021: Fingerprints applied

03/16/2021: Approved and card ordered

N-400

09/28/2021: Filed Online

10/25/2021: Biometrics

11/30/2021: Interview,  Approved.

12/01/2021: Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

It's been a while since I was last here! Yesterday I got the "Case Was Approved" and "We ordered your new card" updates (for the i485)!

A little bit of background! When we first applied in Nov 2017 we were living in Florida (assigned to the New Orleans office), and I got my EAD card within 60 days (January 2018). After that, silence for like 7 months. We moved to NM in late July so we updated the address and basically within days our interview was scheduled! (Kudos to the Albuquerque office, they've been super efficient and helpful).

At the beginning of August we got the interview notice, scheduled for Sept. 10th. I hadn't had my medical done yet since we were afraid it was going to expire and unfortunately it was impossible for me to get an appointment on base on such short notice :( We went to the interview knowing that they'd ask for the i693. The lady at the interview was super nice and sweet, she asked for the basics (passports, marriage certificate) and for the i693. She was going to approve our case on the spot until we told her I wasn't able to get my medical on time. She then gave us a RFE letter and told us she'd approve our case as soon as we mailed that in. We had a trip overseas planned for October, so she said we should wait to mail the i693 (if the case was approved my advance parole wouldn't work anymore). We came back from our trip, I mailed the i693 last Friday (18th), it was delivered on Monday (22nd) and Wednesday morning (24th) the case was approved and my card was ordered!

AOS Package Sent: 11/6/17

AOS Package Delivered: 11/7/17

Text Notification: 11/15/17

NOA's: 11/20/17

Biometrcis Letter: 11/25/17

Biometrics App: 12/06/17

I-131 and I-765 cases approved!: 1/5/18

EAD/AP card: 1/12/2018

We moved! Request to change our address: 7/10/18 (our new field office is Albuquerque, NM)

Ready to be scheduled for an interview: 7/13/18

Interview Scheduled: 7/23/18

INTERVIEW: 9/10/18

RFE i693: 9/10/18

i130 approved: 9/11/18

i485 approved: 10/24/18

9 hours ago, Bibijaan said:

Got my text and email notification that the interview has been scheduled last Monday 😄

Also local LA person, got my text on Friday.  Now just waiting to see what the date is...

11/01/2017 AOS Package sent via USPS - Chicago Lockbox

11/07/2017 Package delivered after being lost by USPS (thanks USPS!)

11/15/2017 Received email and text notifications from USCIS

12/05/2017 Walk in Biometrics

01/19/2017 Text that EAD is in production

The wait is finally over !! 

Our interview was yesterday (10/25)

We arrived around 15 minutes before the appointment time in the NOA, had a long security line, got to the check in table around 5 minutes after the appointment time (listed in NOA), and got called by the interviewer around 10 minutes later. He seems middle age and very stern.  
He indicated where we need to sit and ask me (beneficiary) for passport, ID, and EAD. Then, asked my husband (petitioner) for ID. I forgot to put my phone on silent and it vibrated, so he asked that we turn our phones off else he will have to terminate the interview should it goes off the second time. 

First he went through the I-130 (page by page) with my husband 
Then, he turned to me and went through the I-485. Basically, putting a check mark on each answer that match the one I put in the form and adding corrections to the one that's obsolete or incomplete.  I made a mistake of not bringing my old passports, as stated in the NOA (All travel documents used to enter the United States, including Passports), fortunately that was not a deal breaker. 
Here are the questions he went through with me for the I-485 (with their corresponding numbers in the form):
Name (#1), other names (#2-4), DOB (#5), City of Birth (#7), addresses (#12), Last Arrival (#15 - 25), Additional Information (Part 3 #1), Address history (Part 3 #5 - 9) and who I lived with on each, Employment History (Part 3 #11 - 18), Parent's first names (Part 4 #1b and 9b), whether my parents like him, marital history (including husband's full name) and children, Biographic Information (Part 7), General Eligibility and Inadmissibility Ground (Part 8 ~15 questions), asked me to confirm my signature in the submitted form. The ones I remember changed after I sent the application was my last arrival information. Other than that, I did not write who I lived with at each address (not required in the form) and my speeding ticket history, so he put a side note on the form, calculated the number of changes and put the number in Part 13, then had me sign the form. 

He looked at my husband and asked how we met (including name of the website and how the website works) and how the relationship progressed. He asked when the idea of getting married was brought up, who proposed, where the proposal happened, and how it was done. I asked if I could correct the date my husband mentioned after he mentioned it while jokingly said my husband is horrible with dates and he let me correct the dates. He has gotten more friendly at this point.
He asked for additional evidences I brought in and I provided him with 24 photos (printed in set of 4 on 8.5" x 11" letter paper - 6 papers total), flight confirmation for our trips, joint tax return, credit card statement, and utility bills. He said he would take more should I brought other things.  He commented on the big weddings we had and my husband said we spent a lot of money on them, so he was curious if we happen to print the bill as evidence; I didn't. 

Then, he brought up how some fraud marriages are really simple and he got nervous when he saw my husband leaned back on his chair with crossed arms as the interviewer went through the I-485 with me.  He explained that he spent around an hour reviewing our forms last night and has yet to look through the entire package (I submitted). He will need to check other things online as well to make a decision and said the next day would be when he estimated to make the decision. Should he need more evidence or has further questions, he will send RFE or request us to appear for another interview. 

He also mentioned the way conditional green card works and suggested we start a folder for I-751, so we can store our joint bank statement quarterly, photos from trips, flights booking confirmations, financial information, future children information, etc. He mentioned they only do interview for I-751 cases either one day a week or per month, but basically it will get really stressful if we are not prepared and will take forever to get the permanent green card after being classified a fraud level that requires interview. 

The interview took around 45 minutes. After the interview, my case status was changed to "Interview was completed and my case must be reviewed". 
Today at 5:45 local time, I received a status update "New Card is being produced"  

Best of luck to everyone !! 

p.s. I didn't review my forms after I completed them last year and with the nervousness, there were a couple times where it didn't go smoothly (e.g. mixed my father's first and last name, provided the wrong second digit of my phone number, etc) 
Spoiler

Aug 2011 - Arrived on F1 visa

09/06/2015 Started exchanging messages

10/13/2015 We met in person

07/01/2017 We got engaged!

10/31/2017 We got married!

11/08/2017 AOS Package (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131) sent via USPS - Chicago Lockbox

(Priority Mail - USPS autocorrected zipcode to 60680-4187)

11/12/2017 Package delivered (Delayed due to USPS mistakenly took it to 60624 and Veteran's Day) 

11/13/2017 Received Date (Priority Date)

11/21/2017 Received 4 e-mails & 4 text notifications (01:30 AM EST); checks cashed

11/28/2017 Received 4 NOA1 hard copies

12/09/2017 Received Biometrics Appointment Letter (for i-485 and i-765)

12/21/2017 Biometrics Appointment

01/08/2018 **I-765 and I-131 Approved** (61 days)

01/16/2018 %%Received combo card%% (tracking shows USCIS sent it on Jan 11 from MO, then Jan 15 USPS closed for MLK day) 

01/20/2018 Received approval letters for EAD and AP

09/20/2018 Received text 'Interview was scheduled' and interview notice will be mailed

09/27/2018 Received Interview notice by mail

10/25/2018 Interview day

10/26/2018 I-485 case status updated to "We ordered your new card"

10/29/2018 Case Status updated to "We approved your Form I-485"

10/31/2018 Case Status updated to "We mailed your new card"

11/01/2018 My card was picked up by the USPS with tracking number assigned

11/05/2018 Green Card Received 

Side note: I turned my maiden name into second middle name. In the combo card, my given name is First Firstmiddleinitial, however on the back of the card, they attempted to list my second middle name. 

My application package:

Interview Experience:

On 10/26/2018 at 3:12 AM, Alex3344 said:

Also local LA person, got my text on Friday.  Now just waiting to see what the date is...

We have a pretty similar timeline :). I got the letter today, my interview is Dec 5.

AOS from B1/B2

11/03/2017:   Filed Package

11/13/2017:   NOA in the mail

12/22/2017:   Biometrics

01/09/2018:   EAD approved

01/15/2018:   Card Received

10/22/2018:   Text and email notifications for interview

12/05/2018:   Interview Date

12/03/2018:   Phone Call from USCIS, Interview rescheduled

12/20/2018:   New Interview date. Approved on the spot!

I-751

09/30/2020: Case received WAC

01/19/2021: Transfered to NBC

03/04/2021: Fingerprints applied

03/16/2021: Approved and card ordered

N-400

09/28/2021: Filed Online

10/25/2021: Biometrics

11/30/2021: Interview,  Approved.

12/01/2021: Oath Ceremony

On 10/26/2018 at 10:58 PM, ColoradoBeauty said:

The wait is finally over !! 

Our interview was yesterday (10/25)

We arrived around 15 minutes before the appointment time in the NOA, had a long security line, got to the check in table around 5 minutes after the appointment time (listed in NOA), and got called by the interviewer around 10 minutes later. He seems middle age and very stern.  
He indicated where we need to sit and ask me (beneficiary) for passport, ID, and EAD. Then, asked my husband (petitioner) for ID. I forgot to put my phone on silent and it vibrated, so he asked that we turn our phones off else he will have to terminate the interview should it goes off the second time. 

First he went through the I-130 (page by page) with my husband 
Then, he turned to me and went through the I-485. Basically, putting a check mark on each answer that match the one I put in the form and adding corrections to the one that's obsolete or incomplete.  I made a mistake of not bringing my old passports, as stated in the NOA (All travel documents used to enter the United States, including Passports), fortunately that was not a deal breaker. 
Here are the questions he went through with me for the I-485 (with their corresponding numbers in the form):
Name (#1), other names (#2-4), DOB (#5), City of Birth (#7), addresses (#12), Last Arrival (#15 - 25), Additional Information (Part 3 #1), Address history (Part 3 #5 - 9) and who I lived with on each, Employment History (Part 3 #11 - 18), Parent's first names (Part 4 #1b and 9b), whether my parents like him, marital history (including husband's full name) and children, Biographic Information (Part 7), General Eligibility and Inadmissibility Ground (Part 8 ~15 questions), asked me to confirm my signature in the submitted form. The ones I remember changed after I sent the application was my last arrival information. Other than that, I did not write who I lived with at each address (not required in the form) and my speeding ticket history, so he put a side note on the form, calculated the number of changes and put the number in Part 13, then had me sign the form. 

He looked at my husband and asked how we met (including name of the website and how the website works) and how the relationship progressed. He asked when the idea of getting married was brought up, who proposed, where the proposal happened, and how it was done. I asked if I could correct the date my husband mentioned after he mentioned it while jokingly said my husband is horrible with dates and he let me correct the dates. He has gotten more friendly at this point.
He asked for additional evidences I brought in and I provided him with 24 photos (printed in set of 4 on 8.5" x 11" letter paper - 6 papers total), flight confirmation for our trips, joint tax return, credit card statement, and utility bills. He said he would take more should I brought other things.  He commented on the big weddings we had and my husband said we spent a lot of money on them, so he was curious if we happen to print the bill as evidence; I didn't. 

Then, he brought up how some fraud marriages are really simple and he got nervous when he saw my husband leaned back on his chair with crossed arms as the interviewer went through the I-485 with me.  He explained that he spent around an hour reviewing our forms last night and has yet to look through the entire package (I submitted). He will need to check other things online as well to make a decision and said the next day would be when he estimated to make the decision. Should he need more evidence or has further questions, he will send RFE or request us to appear for another interview. 

He also mentioned the way conditional green card works and suggested we start a folder for I-751, so we can store our joint bank statement quarterly, photos from trips, flights booking confirmations, financial information, future children information, etc. He mentioned they only do interview for I-751 cases either one day a week or per month, but basically it will get really stressful if we are not prepared and will take forever to get the permanent green card after being classified a fraud level that requires interview. 

The interview took around 45 minutes. After the interview, my case status was changed to "Interview was completed and my case must be reviewed". 
Today at 5:45 local time, I received a status update "New Card is being produced"  

Best of luck to everyone !! 

p.s. I didn't review my forms after I completed them last year and with the nervousness, there were a couple times where it didn't go smoothly (e.g. mixed my father's first and last name, provided the wrong second digit of my phone number, etc) 

Congrats on the GC. Thanks for the detailed Interview Experience in Denver. My husband and I have our interview coming up there on November 8th. We are driving up the night before and staying overnight. I am soooo nervous. I have everything in a binder that I have collected but still I worry.

4 hours ago, pajobra said:

Congrats on the GC. Thanks for the detailed Interview Experience in Denver. My husband and I have our interview coming up there on November 8th. We are driving up the night before and staying overnight. I am soooo nervous. I have everything in a binder that I have collected but still I worry.

Thank you, fellow COS resident!  Best of luck for the interview! I hope my detailed interview experience could lessen your worry.

As your relationship is real, don't worry too much, your job is simply to make the officer aware of that. Be natural when you tell your story (how you met, proposal, etc) just like when you are talking to a friend.

Be sure to review the I-485 and I-130, so you don't have to worry about forgetting little details (like me lol).

Spoiler

Aug 2011 - Arrived on F1 visa

09/06/2015 Started exchanging messages

10/13/2015 We met in person

07/01/2017 We got engaged!

10/31/2017 We got married!

11/08/2017 AOS Package (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131) sent via USPS - Chicago Lockbox

(Priority Mail - USPS autocorrected zipcode to 60680-4187)

11/12/2017 Package delivered (Delayed due to USPS mistakenly took it to 60624 and Veteran's Day) 

11/13/2017 Received Date (Priority Date)

11/21/2017 Received 4 e-mails & 4 text notifications (01:30 AM EST); checks cashed

11/28/2017 Received 4 NOA1 hard copies

12/09/2017 Received Biometrics Appointment Letter (for i-485 and i-765)

12/21/2017 Biometrics Appointment

01/08/2018 **I-765 and I-131 Approved** (61 days)

01/16/2018 %%Received combo card%% (tracking shows USCIS sent it on Jan 11 from MO, then Jan 15 USPS closed for MLK day) 

01/20/2018 Received approval letters for EAD and AP

09/20/2018 Received text 'Interview was scheduled' and interview notice will be mailed

09/27/2018 Received Interview notice by mail

10/25/2018 Interview day

10/26/2018 I-485 case status updated to "We ordered your new card"

10/29/2018 Case Status updated to "We approved your Form I-485"

10/31/2018 Case Status updated to "We mailed your new card"

11/01/2018 My card was picked up by the USPS with tracking number assigned

11/05/2018 Green Card Received 

Side note: I turned my maiden name into second middle name. In the combo card, my given name is First Firstmiddleinitial, however on the back of the card, they attempted to list my second middle name. 

My application package:

Interview Experience:

Hello all. I never actually posted in this thread, but I've been following it closely as a fellow November 2017 filer.

Having submitted my concurrent filing of I-140, I-485, I-765 and I-131 on November 6, 2017, the total amount of days until my AOS was approved is 352 days, so the whole process took just about exactly one year for me.

For this process I went through the EB2-NIW route (adjusting from F1). I'm not sure if my timeline would be useful to many people here, as for some reason I don't see many, if any, EB filer here, with most of you doing family based petitions. But nevertheless, here's my timeline:

November 6, 2017 Concurrent filing I-140, I-765, I-131, I-485 
December 15, 2017 Finger printing at Milwaukee office (day #39)
May 4, 2018 EAD/combo card received (day #179)
May 6, 2018 I-140 approved (day #181)
June 8, 2018 Notice - I-485 case transferred to National Benefit Center (day #214)
September 9, 2018 Notice - Interview is scheduled (day #316)
October 23, 2018 I-485 interview at Milwaukee office (day # 351)
October 24, 2018 I-485 approved (day #352)
October 31, 2018 green card received (day #359)

Hopefully that helps someone. Overall the process went through relatively smoothly. I do use services from a law firm to help out with all the preparation. The hardest part for me is the waiting (of course), particularly for the EAD card, which I didn't receive until the end of April, right about the 6-month mark after I submitted my petitions.

Congratulations for those of you who have received your green card, and good luck for those who are still waiting. You will get there, soon!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.