Ray&Ash

Travel outside US witn NOA2 of approved EAD/AP, without the actual combo card

10 posts in this topic

Hi. I am in a dilemma. I have applied for EAD and AP along with AoS. I needed to travel urgently outside US for some family related stuff, and when I thought about getting the expedite, the status of my AP changed to approved and new card is in production. My tickets are already done hoping for the card, but i'm a little worried now what if the card doesn't reach me on time.

Can I travel outside and re-enter US on the NOA2 of approved Advance Parole? 

Anybody else with a similar experience?

When are you traveling? Usually it doesn't take long to receive the card if it says " in production".

Don't travel without, they do check the card when you come back and if you don't have it on you you might run into unwanted complications.

54 minutes ago, Ray&Ash said:

Hi. I am in a dilemma. I have applied for EAD and AP along with AoS. I needed to travel urgently outside US for some family related stuff, and when I thought about getting the expedite, the status of my AP changed to approved and new card is in production. My tickets are already done hoping for the card, but i'm a little worried now what if the card doesn't reach me on time.

Can I travel outside and re-enter US on the NOA2 of approved Advance Parole? 

Anybody else with a similar experience?

You need to have the card physically in your presence. I believe on exit, the EAD/AP card is scanned into the PNR as a record you have left. (someone add on here if I am incorrect)

11 minutes ago, NYCruiser said:

You need to have the card physically in your presence. I believe on exit, the EAD/AP card is scanned into the PNR as a record you have left. (someone add on here if I am incorrect)

Departing passengers  exit internationally on your national passport ....... definitely not GC so I dont think it would be the EAD/AP card 

So I think you could leave without it, but you certainly wont get back in without it.... so it is a high risk activity .. it would require the card arriving safely, not being swallowed by the black hole of the USPS, and then a 100% safe way for you to get the card while you are overseas.... mmmmmm 

It is very likely you would need to actually talk to CBP when coming back into they US, they can see easily if it would have been possible for you to have the card in hand before you left the US

Do not leave without either the card or a stamp in your passport to let you back in

18 hours ago, Kastrs said:

It is very likely you would need to actually talk to CBP when coming back into they US, they can see easily if it would have been possible for you to have the card in hand before you left the US

Do not leave without either the card or a stamp in your passport to let you back in

Just had a friend come back from the middle east into JFK with a GC. Said immigration was FAST!!...

I'm also in the same situation. I've filed AoS, EAD and AP by Nov'17  with EB1C category. I have valid visa (L1A) till May2018.  I need to travel this December and returning by end of Jan.  Can I travel with my valid visa  and return back though my AP is still pending? Appreciate your quick response.

Thanks much.

29 minutes ago, Mahesh121977 said:

I'm also in the same situation. I've filed AoS, EAD and AP by Nov'17  with EB1C category. I have valid visa (L1A) till May2018.  I need to travel this December and returning by end of Jan.  Can I travel with my valid visa  and return back though my AP is still pending? Appreciate your quick response.

Thanks much.

No Please dont travel without AP . A new ruling doesnt allow reentry without AP(no matter which visa you have). Please check latest uscis news. If already filed for AP you may expedite it if its business reasons and say that you didnt expedite earlier because you thought you could travel on L1. If its a business reason see if your employer can give you a letter as proof for your travel. 

Edited by Ray&Ash

32 minutes ago, Mahesh121977 said:

Thanks much.

http://www.brownimmigrationlaw.com/urgent-update-for-individuals-who-travel-on-or-file-advance-parole-requests/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.