Cyberfx1024

Outrageous: Deserter Bergdahl gets NO PRISON time, judge cites Trump's comments as "mitigating evidence"

61 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, IDWAF said:

I’ll type real slow this time.

The Vegas shooter supposedly had mental issues, and was responsible for the death of innocent Americans.  

Bergdahl supposedly had mental issues, and is responsible for the death of innocent Americans.

You seem to think Bergdahl deserves to go free.  Using the same defense, then shouldn’t the Vegas shooter be allowed to go free, had he lived?  (In your opinion, I mean).

to answer your question, no. because I don't find your comparison reasonable. at all.

maybe try typing even slower?

49 minutes ago, IDWAF said:

Your life has never been in the hands of the people you served on the front lines with.  Their actions could never have gotten you killed.  And that's why you'll never understand.

That 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

to answer your question, no. because I don't find your comparison reasonable. at all.

maybe try typing even slower?

The Vegas shooter and the NY driver are the same. Mental issues or not, they deliberately and purposely killed innocent people.

Bergdahl, in my opinion, deserved a life sentence or death penalty, although he is not even in the same ballpark as the two terrorists.

Edited by CaliCat

Filed: Timeline
15 minutes ago, CaliCat said:

Wrong.

The Vegas shooter was a terrorist. 

As is Bergdahl today; he aided and abetted the enemy in an armed conflict. Or at least a traitor.   Not saying he was when he first joined, but today he is.  I don’t understand how anyone could think Bergdahl deserves to go free.

Just now, CaliCat said:

The Vegas shooter and the NY driver are the same. Mental issues or not, they deliberately and purposely killed innocent people.

Berddahl, in my opinion, deserves a life or death penalty, although he is not even in the same ballpark as the two terrorists.

i agree.

do you think his diagnosis is false? 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 hour ago, IDWAF said:

Your life has never been in the hands of the people you served on the front lines with.  Their actions could never have gotten you killed.  And that's why you'll never understand.

Thanks for illustrating exactly why your opinion should not carry much weight with anyone on such matters. You are feelings on the matter are obviously clouded by emotions and not based on facts.

Oct 19, 2010 I-130 application submitted to US Embassy Seoul, South Korea

Oct 22, 2010 I-130 application approved

Oct 22, 2010 packet 3 received via email

Nov 15, 2010 DS-230 part 1 faxed to US Embassy Seoul

Nov 15, 2010 Appointment for visa interview made on-line

Nov 16, 2010 Confirmation of appointment received via email

Dec 13, 2010 Interview date

Dec 15, 2010 CR-1 received via courier

Mar 29, 2011 POE Detroit Michigan

Feb 15, 2012 Change of address via telephone

Jan 10, 2013 I-751 packet mailed to Vermont Service CenterJan 15, 2013 NOA1

Jan 31, 2013 Biometrics appointment letter received

Feb 20, 2013 Biometric appointment date

June 14, 2013 RFE

June 24, 2013 Responded to RFE

July 24, 2013 Removal of conditions approved

1 hour ago, smilesammich said:

so, because you don't have a particular medical issue no one else can? i suppose it doesn't matter much what your opinion of his medical condition is, considering you're not a doctor or a military judge. really put off by your flippant "so what" attitude

What particular medical issue are you talking about? I think it is all made up by the defense to try to mitigate the circumstances. I don't care if I am not a military judge or a doctor at all I am giving you my perspective as someone who has actually been there and done that, all the while not crying about a slight or injustice I suffered at that time. 

You can get made or put off at me all you want and quite frankly I don't give a rip what you think about how Bergdahl is a hero. He is a traitor to his Squad, Platoon, BN, the Army, and to the USA. He should be sent to prison at the very least. So until you earn this ribbon below or the Combat Action/Infantry Badge then don't talk to me about what you think you know. How we should all forgive him for what he did because he had some medical condition. 

image.jpeg.547eed970410d5ab761a928bc22ce5e9.jpeg    

Edited by cyberfx1024

9 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

What particular medical issue are you talking about? I think it is all made up by the defense to try to mitigate the circumstances. I don't care if I am not a military judge or a doctor at all I am giving you my perspective as someone who has actually been there and done that, all the while not crying about a slight or injustice I suffered at that time. 

You can get made or put off at me all you want and quite frankly I don't give a rip what you think about how Bergdahl is a hero. He is a traitor to his Squad, Platoon, BN, the Army, and to the USA. He should be sent to prison at the very least. So until you earn this ribbon below or the Combat Action/Infantry Badge then don't talk to me about what you think you know. How we should all forgive him for what he did because he had some medical condition. 

image.jpeg.547eed970410d5ab761a928bc22ce5e9.jpeg    

who said anything about bergdahl being a hero? when did talk about 'what i think i know' or forgiveness?

52 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

How we should all forgive him for what he did because he had some medical condition. 

I agree with you.  If Bergdahl had serious mental conditions such as his defense claimed (and which I think were simply either made up, or came about after he got brought back and he realized the amount of animosity most Americans felt towards him) while serving, he never would have made it to Afghanistan.  Those kind of symptoms would have gotten him chaptered out of the Army, not sent into combat.  

Again, not something most civilians would know anything about.

1 hour ago, Póg mo said:

Thanks for illustrating exactly why your opinion should not carry much weight with anyone on such matters. You are feelings on the matter are obviously clouded by emotions and not based on facts.

Treason carries with it the sentence of death, or at least 5 years in prison and a $10,000 fine.  Facts.  Not emotions.

Edited by IDWAF

2 hours ago, IDWAF said:

As is Bergdahl today; he aided and abetted the enemy in an armed conflict. Or at least a traitor.   Not saying he was when he first joined, but today he is.  I don’t understand how anyone could think Bergdahl deserves to go free.

I think both of you agree he deserved life. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 hour ago, IDWAF said:

Treason carries with it the sentence of death, or at least 5 years in prison and a $10,000 fine.  Facts.  Not emotions.

Sure, but judges are ordinarily required to give make judgments based on reason, without emotion. Saying someone should get the death penalty, because you say "Your life has never been in the hands of the people you served on the front lines with.  Their actions could never have gotten you killed.  And that's why you'll never understand." tells me that your opinion is based mainly on emotion, and is therefore not worth very much. I wasn't in the court room, nor have I listened to anyone's testimony, or had any opportunity to examine any of the facts outside of second hand news reports, so I can't in anyway feel that I qualified to make any judgement either way, and neither is anyone viewing this forum. 

Oct 19, 2010 I-130 application submitted to US Embassy Seoul, South Korea

Oct 22, 2010 I-130 application approved

Oct 22, 2010 packet 3 received via email

Nov 15, 2010 DS-230 part 1 faxed to US Embassy Seoul

Nov 15, 2010 Appointment for visa interview made on-line

Nov 16, 2010 Confirmation of appointment received via email

Dec 13, 2010 Interview date

Dec 15, 2010 CR-1 received via courier

Mar 29, 2011 POE Detroit Michigan

Feb 15, 2012 Change of address via telephone

Jan 10, 2013 I-751 packet mailed to Vermont Service CenterJan 15, 2013 NOA1

Jan 31, 2013 Biometrics appointment letter received

Feb 20, 2013 Biometric appointment date

June 14, 2013 RFE

June 24, 2013 Responded to RFE

July 24, 2013 Removal of conditions approved

19 minutes ago, Póg mo said:

Sure, but judges are ordinarily required to give make judgments based on reason, without emotion. Saying someone should get the death penalty, because you say "Your life has never been in the hands of the people you served on the front lines with.  Their actions could never have gotten you killed.  And that's why you'll never understand." tells me that your opinion is based mainly on emotion, and is therefore not worth very much. I wasn't in the court room, nor have I listened to anyone's testimony, or had any opportunity to examine any of the facts outside of second hand news reports, so I can't in anyway feel that I qualified to make any judgement either way, and neither is anyone viewing this forum. 

And that’s what happens when you take comments out of context, or when you were not the recipient.

I didn’t say he should be put to death because of the quoted part above, that was my reply to Val from a previous post.

And you are wrong about people not being qualified to make a judgment.  It’s good that you admit that you are not, but others are qualified.  Military courts don’t follow the same rules as conventional courts of law.  And the person who set Bergdahl free is not a judge.

Edited by IDWAF