Edillon

What other feea to expect?

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
15 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Maybe someone else on CR1 can confirm but my old B1/B2s used to have there the validity of the stay according to visa. So I tend to think this is the same as that, ie your spouse is lawfully admitted on this visa until that date. (After which conditions need to be removed, correct?) As far as a temporary I551 is concerned, I don’t believe that is valid any longer than the usual year, so as far a I can see your spouse still needs to have a plastic GC as proof of status after a year from entry date. What does it say about endorsement in the printed part of the bottom of the visa? 

i believe your assessment here is correct. The IV on the passport should only be valid up to 1 year after the endorsement. 

On 11/4/2017 at 1:21 PM, CEE53147 said:

If you cannot afford these fees, how are you going to support them?  They both better get jobs that include health insurance.  This is something you needed to consider before sponsoring.

I did not say I cannot afford the fees. I was just sooo overwhelmed with all these fees. When I left before, we didnt havr that fee. Ahh well..duh! Of course, I did consider that...it took me years to petition them coz, I was trying to save money for the thousand of dollars I need to pay for the visa, the medical, the plane tickets...and even for their car when they got here.....so, I think I did CONSIDERED all these thinga beforw sponsoring them...thank you very much!

On 11/3/2017 at 5:04 PM, Dee elle said:

oh yeah... killer fees!!!!we paid $1550 per month through marketplace.. and watch out if you get premium Tax Credits, cos the IRS wants them backmore times than not.... tellme agin why we moved??oh yes, grandkids, now I remember!!  Good thing we love them ! :jest:

Ohhh...thats sweet. My parents are moving too bcoz of their grandchild. Good grief!!! $1550 a month? We are just fortunate, that my husband works in a comapny with good benefits.

One of my parents need to find a job thou, they nees insurance and it is way too expensive if we have to pay insurance for them.

On 11/4/2017 at 4:44 PM, missileman said:

Good point.  Her visa has the standard statement about one year.  Of course my wife's plastic card (which she received on Jul 15th) gives her 2 years......

Hey Missileman...thank you so much for ALWAYS answering my questions.

5 minutes ago, Dee elle said:

As LPR, they can apply through Marketplace.. which is what we did.. currently no changes have been made to Obamacare so it would be the same as when we applied last October.. Also, depending on their income, they could get Premium tax credits that reduce the premiums, but these often have to be repaid to the IRS at tax time, depending  on income... so getting the credits may reduce the monthly payment but packs a huge wallop at tax return time.. Working is about the only way around it.. and getting 40 credits up over 10 years to enable them to be eligible for Medicare when they are old enough. 

Thank you for the infos. I will look into this :) Are you working right now? Are you from the Philippines too?

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 12:53 PM, Dee elle said:

As LPR, they can apply through Marketplace.. which is what we did.. currently no changes have been made to Obamacare so it would be the same as when we applied last October.. Also, depending on their income, they could get Premium tax credits that reduce the premiums, but these often have to be repaid to the IRS at tax time, depending  on income... so getting the credits may reduce the monthly payment but packs a huge wallop at tax return time.. Working is about the only way around it.. and getting 40 credits up over 10 years to enable them to be eligible for Medicare when they are old enough. 

Di dear can you explain to me more about what you said here :(( sorry just got confused. Is that means for ppl who apply for green card through spouse not eligible for  Medicare after retirement .

I am talking  about age 36 to 48 years and who is start working in US and has K1 ??

13 minutes ago, Dee elle said:

If the LPR is able to work for the 40 quarters required for SS and Medicre, then yes, they will get Medicare after retiring. Those who do not manage to work for the 40 quarters are not eligible for Medicare. 

Am I correct it’s ok if the spouse works for 40 quarters too?

27 minutes ago, Dee elle said:

If the LPR is able to work for the 40 quarters required for SS and Medicre, then yes, they will get Medicare after retiring. Those who do not manage to work for the 40 quarters are not eligible for Medicare. 

Thank you Did you/ partner already admitted to the USA and received a green card ?

25 minutes ago, Dee elle said:

Yes, both of us are Australian citizens and LPRs.. for the second time !!  We were LPR from 1981 to 1989, then we returned to Australia, but came back this way last year under IR5... Our children, now adults,  are dual citizens, living in USA and petitioned for us. Thankfully, between the 2 periods of LPR status, my husband has now 40 + quarters, so we will both be eligible for SS benefits and medicare on retirement. 

Good for you I am a USC and living in Australia with my husband and still waiting for NOA2 after 6 months, some ppl telling me because I live in Australia is harder and takes longer I don't know how true could be.

14 minutes ago, Dee elle said:

Australia is a low fraud country,  Not sure where the informtaion about being harder and taking longer comes from!!! Each case is asssessed on its own, so no one can ever say exactly how long it will  take.  

What is your NOA1 PD ?  Which USICS centre has the I130?  You are fortunate that you will be uploading the NVC documents to the CEAC site, and this is faster than email, mail etc. Still up to 11 weeks processing at the NVC, but you can get your documents in faster and respond to and RFE quicker because of it.  

Where in Australia are you living ? 

NOA1 May 31st to TSC and Sydney. How do you know I will uploading through CEAC ? because of Australia ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.