2,950 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Name O Boy said:

Dear Shell, your I-751 would be approved before you file for N-400 since you are a VSC applicant. The long waiting is for the CSC applicants but I wonder if the online N-400 application is going to be the best option for CSC applicants with a pending I-751.  

As far as I know, the majority of the online 400 filers are also waiting for their interview dates, but of all the 400 applicants who waited for short period of time(2 to 3 months) to get their interview letters are almost 100 percent online filers, but the thing is USCIS says they are only allowing a "small" number of applicants to apply on line. Do you know what the criteria are?  I would say if one could file online, maybe one should because at least the online applicant has a chance of getting a fast interview date.

Edited by Zombie69

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
21 hours ago, JerrySF said:

My spouse has been waiting 13 months for Removal of Conditions, filing the I-751 on Sep 28, 2016. His conditional permanent residence extension will expire in about a month and we've been trying to get an Infopass appointment for a I-551 stamp. We've tried about 100 times online, but it always says there are no appointments available. So, he's planning to file a N-400, thinking that might automatically extend his green card extension. However, our attorney says filing a N-400 does not extend your permanent residence. So now we're stuck. Even though USCIS says there are no walk-ins, we're going to try it anyway, since we can't get an appointment online. 

Have you tried other USCIS centers around SF? Sometimes they are less backed up. Since this is a Federal issue, maybe even outside the state. Our Immigration service is a mess!!

41 minutes ago, Name O Boy said:

Dear Shell, your I-751 would be approved before you file for N-400 since you are a VSC applicant. The long waiting is for the CSC applicants but I wonder if the online N-400 application is going to be the best option for CSC applicants with a pending I-751.  

Actually to be honest I am expecting either an RFE or interview due to the fact my husband and I have no joint bills or such. I don't drive a car, so no joint car insurance either and I am not on the mortgage or wasn't at the time.  So although I sent a letter to explain this along with my package, I still expect I will get and RFE or interview. I can''t provide them with stuff I don't have.  Hence my anticipation that I am probably going to be filing N400 while I am waiting for a decision about ROC.

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

39 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

As far as I know, the majority of the online 400 filers are also waiting for their interview dates, but of all the 400 applicants who waited for short period of time(2 to 3 months) to get their interview letters are almost 100 percent online filers, but the thing is USCIS says they are only allowing a "small" number of applicants to apply on line. Do you know what the criteria are?  I would say if one could file online, maybe one should because at least the online applicant has a chance of getting a fast interview date.

I've heard about this criteria from a post I read a few days ago.  I wonder what it is?

Timeline
7 minutes ago, shell20 said:

I've heard about this criteria from a post I read a few days ago.  I wonder what it is?

I guess not everyone can apply on line?? Strange.

Edited by Zombie69

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
7 minutes ago, shell20 said:

Actually to be honest I am expecting either an RFE or interview due to the fact my husband and I have no joint bills or such. I don't drive a car, so no joint car insurance either and I am not on the mortgage or wasn't at the time.  So although I sent a letter to explain this along with my package, I still expect I will get and RFE or interview. I can''t provide them with stuff I don't have.  Hence my anticipation that I am probably going to be filing N400 while I am waiting for a decision about ROC.

Well, they just don't look at the evidence only there are other factors they consider. They interview applicants mostly pretty soon. In your case, they should have sent you an interview letter a few months ago if they thought you don't have sufficient evidence. This is what I know from my experience in general and with VJ. Those applicants who were interviewed got their interview letter within 5 to 6 months. There was one January-2017 CSC applicant who was interviewed and approved on the spot. It all depends but don't you worry you would be fine. The positive thing for you is that you are getting closer to hear something from USCIS since you are a VSC applicant. Regards 

Timeline
On 10/29/2017 at 1:57 PM, Name O Boy said:

Well, they just don't look at the evidence only there are other factors they consider. They interview applicants mostly pretty soon. In your case, they should have sent you an interview letter a few months ago if they thought you don't have sufficient evidence. This is what I know from my experience in general and with VJ. Those applicants who were interviewed got their interview letter within 5 to 6 months. There was one January-2017 CSC applicant who was interviewed and approved on the spot. It all depends but don't you worry you would be fine. The positive thing for you is that you are getting closer to hear something from USCIS since you are a VSC applicant. Regards 

Yes, I wish my 751 were handled by VSC. Oh well. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
On 10/28/2017 at 4:28 PM, JerrySF said:

My spouse has been waiting 13 months for Removal of Conditions, filing the I-751 on Sep 28, 2016. His conditional permanent residence extension will expire in about a month and we've been trying to get an Infopass appointment for a I-551 stamp. We've tried about 100 times online, but it always says there are no appointments available. So, he's planning to file a N-400, thinking that might automatically extend his green card extension. However, our attorney says filing a N-400 does not extend your permanent residence. So now we're stuck. Even though USCIS says there are no walk-ins, we're going to try it anyway, since we can't get an appointment online. 

You must check the infopass appointment website early in the morning. I always check it at 7:30 AM. And I have always found appointments. Once I went to change my address. And the second time to get the stamp, today. They have extended my PR status for one year from now. 

I-751 ROC Timeline
Sun, 11/27/2016 - 90 days before Green Card expiration on 2/25/2016
Tue, 11/29/2016 8:30 AM - Mailed out I-751 ROC petition to USCIS California Service Center
Wed, 11/30/2016 11:40 AM - USCIS California Service Center signed for receipt of petition
Fri, 12/2/2016 - Check cashed by the USCIS California Service Center per our online banking account
Sat, 12/3/2016 - Received NOA (one-year conditional resident status extension) in the mail with receipt date and time of 11/30/2016 at 19:29 (7:29 pm)
Fri, 12/9/2016 - Received biometrics appointment letter dated 12/3/2016 with appointment scheduled for 12/23/2016

Wed, 12/14/2016 2:14 PM - Successful early walk-in for my biometrics at the Santa Ana USCIS

Thu, 05/03/2018 - My ROC case was transferred from CSC to NBC

Mon, 06/25/2018 - My ROC and Naturalization Interview was scheduled for Wed, 08/01/2018

Wed, 08/01/2018 - ROC and Naturalization Interview

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

Mon, 11/27/2017 8:00 AM - Submitted online application for Naturalization: Form N-400, supporting evidence & credit card payment

Tue, 11/28/2017 3:07 AM - NOA confirmation of application receipt was uploaded to my online USCIS account. Processing time for naturalization to be 10 months (to be completed September 2018)

Sat, 12/02/2017 3:06 AM - Received notification that my biometrics appointment was scheduled but the document showing the date and time has not yet been uploaded

Tue, 12/05/2017 - Biometrics Appointment Letter was uploaded to my USCIS account. Scheduled for 12/22/2017 at 8:00 am at USCIS Tustin

Tue, 12/05/2017 2:00 PM - Early walk-in biometrics completed at USCIS Tustin

Mon, 06/25/2018 - My ROC and Naturalization Interview was scheduled for Wed, 08/01/2018

Wed, 08/01/2018 - ROC and Naturalization Interview - Approved

Fri, 08/24/2018 - Oath Ceremony

Passport Processing Timeline

Fri, 08/24/2018 - Passport Application at Irvine Passport Acceptance Facility

Fri, 08/31/2018 - Received notification via email that passport is being processed

Mon, 09/04/2018 - Check for $110.00 to US Department of State for passport application was cashed

Mon, 09/17/2018 - Passport received via USPS

Thu, 09/20/2018 - Naturalization certificate returned via USPS

Timeline
On 10/28/2017 at 4:28 PM, JerrySF said:

You can only get your 551 stamp by going to a field office. You just have to keep trying until you get an appointment. Some say the best time is right after midnight or early morning or you can choose another field office that is close to you. Walking in won't do, USCIS offices do not take walk in appointments for 551. Good luck.

Edited by Zombie69

I am a combo 751 W/ n400 pending. 

751 NOA is Aug 29 2016 and N400 NOA is June 23 2017. 

Infopass let me know I am inline for interview on N-400, tier2 phone officer told me everything is on hold till 751.

I haven't received a notice yet for an interview yet.

Zombie you are ahead of me in line by a couple of weeks.  I know some combo cases that cleared both 751 and N400 concurrently but their N400 application was done online and those appear to be moving faster than my paper based one. 

I am hoping to get a notice for an appointment on the N400 by the end of the year. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, hellfyre said:

I am a combo 751 W/ n400 pending. 

751 NOA is Aug 29 2016 and N400 NOA is June 23 2017. 

Infopass let me know I am inline for interview on N-400, tier2 phone officer told me everything is on hold till 751.

I haven't received a notice yet for an interview yet.

Zombie you are ahead of me in line by a couple of weeks.  I know some combo cases that cleared both 751 and N400 concurrently but their N400 application was done online and those appear to be moving faster than my paper based one. 

I am hoping to get a notice for an appointment on the N400 by the end of the year. 

Of all the applicants who got super fast interview dates, 100 percent of them are all on line 400 filers, but they are still relatively in minority though among all 400 online filers. As far as tier 2 officers are concerned, I have personally given up on calling them. Whatever they tell you should all be taken with a grain of salt. Of all the tier 2 officers whom I spoke to on the phone, none of what they told me was true. One said i would be hearing from USCIS by mid Sept(yeah right,lo), one said end of October. My expectations are super low, it takes about 9 to 10 months to adjudicate 400 in Los Angeles, so I guess I might get an interview letter by next May or June.(I am in line for an interview as well since 9/28). I think Texas might be a bit faster, but I don't know if you would really get it by the end of the year. Good luck, keep us posted. I have given up waiting for 751 as my final goal is 400, they will probably adjudicate both on the day of the interview, and I am prepared for dual interviews too.

Edited by Zombie69

Timeline

An August filer from Los Angeles got his 751 approved yesterday while 400 is pending for 7 days, don't know if it means anything but I guess USCIS is highly unpredictable too. He got the exactly same NOA date for 751 as mine, but the L.A field office got his N400 just a week ago, so that may not mean they are now approving 751 applicants with 400 pending. They may have just approved his 751 and forgot that his 400 had arrived short while ago, if they found out he had applied for 400, they would have delayed his 751. Lucky guy!LOL

Edited by Zombie69

1 hour ago, Zombie69 said:

An August filer from Los Angeles got his 751 approved yesterday while 400 is pending for 7 days, don't know if it means anything but I guess USCIS is highly unpredictable too. He got the exactly same NOA date for 751 as mine, but the L.A field office got his N400 just a week ago, so that may not mean they are now approving 751 applicants with 400 pending. They may have just approved his 751 and forgot that his 400 had arrived short while ago, if they found out he had applied for 400, they would have delayed his 751. Lucky guy!LOL

I think, only think California are probably dealing with August 2016 filers now, so its just coincidence.  I hope you get yours approved shortly.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, shell20 said:

I think, only think California are probably dealing with August 2016 filers now, so its just coincidence.  I hope you get yours approved shortly.

Thanks for the wish, but I think unfortunately, it is going to be another 6 or 7 month wait at least, and they will adjudicate both sometimes next May or June. I have given up waiting for my 751 since my ultimate goal is 400. I highly doubt I am going to get an approval and receive my 10 year green card, if so, that will be kind of a miracle,lol 

Edited by Zombie69

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.