31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So I filed for my fiance and received NOA1 on June 12th 2017. So I know we are getting close to our date for it to get looked at. So i was looking at my saved copy on my computer and i noticed I left off her passport number and expiration date. :(  Will my petition be denied or will they send RFE? This has been killing me the last few days. Us and our Kids just want our family to be together again, hoping i don't have to start over.:unsure: thanks for any Advice you can give.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I believe you only need to provide the beneficiary's passport number if they are currently in the United States (visiting on a tourist visa for example). If that situation applies to you, the worst that could happen that you will be sent an RFE. The case will not be denied for forgetting to fill out a few lines. RFEs tend to slow things down by a few weeks. 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, RJandHamid said:

I believe you only need to provide the beneficiary's passport number if they are currently in the United States (visiting on a tourist visa for example). If that situation applies to you, the worst that could happen that you will be sent an RFE. The case will not be denied for forgetting to fill out a few lines. RFEs tend to slow things down by a few weeks. 

She and my future step daughters are still in the Philippines, so that makes me feel a little better. The waiting is stressful, especially with my 2 kids asking everyday if their Ina and sisters are coming home today.

2 minutes ago, Shawn & Rizalyn said:

She and my future step daughters are still in the Philippines, so that makes me feel a little better. The waiting is stressful, especially with my 2 kids asking everyday if their Ina and sisters are coming home today.

I know the feeling!!!!  LOL

The passport number is not needed for the I-129F.  It will be needed later.  I’m waiting for Rose and her 2 kids.  I just did the calculations and 206 days (average from NOA1 to interview) will be December 29.  I am a June 6 filer and anticipating the interview in early January.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

I know the feeling!!!!  LOL

The passport number is not needed for the I-129F.  It will be needed later.  I’m waiting for Rose and her 2 kids.  I just did the calculations and 206 days (average from NOA1 to interview) will be December 29.  I am a June 6 filer and anticipating the interview in early January.

the waiting is terrible. just got back 2 weeks ago and it already seems like months.

I'm hoping for a little sooner, but late Dec interview is what I what i was thinking too. And we'll be celebrating a late Christmas in Jan. The kids don't want to miss another Christmas with them. Going to try to get her to stay with her sister in Manila when she so she can pick up her visa when approved in Manila versus waiting for delivery to where she lives.

4 minutes ago, Shawn & Rizalyn said:

the waiting is terrible. just got back 2 weeks ago and it already seems like months.

I'm hoping for a little sooner, but late Dec interview is what I what i was thinking too. And we'll be celebrating a late Christmas in Jan. The kids don't want to miss another Christmas with them. Going to try to get her to stay with her sister in Manila when she so she can pick up her visa when approved in Manila versus waiting for delivery to where she lives.

I am lucky since my future asawa actually lives in metro Manila.  She will pick up her visa at 2GO in MOA.

I am going to visit them again in early December.  I just got back late last month.  As great as those visits are, the pain of being without them after the trip is terrible.  

We get the added fun of the 10 holidays that the Manila Embassy gets over the next two months!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
13 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I am lucky since my future asawa actually lives in metro Manila.  She will pick up her visa at 2GO in MOA.

I am going to visit them again in early December.  I just got back late last month.  As great as those visits are, the pain of being without them after the trip is terrible.  

We get the added fun of the 10 holidays that the Manila Embassy gets over the next two months!

I was planning a Dec. trip too, but we were hoping it would be to fly home together. So don't think the December trip will happen. Good thing is I guess air fare might drop a little. haha

do you know about this, I was reading that they need a round trip ticket to come home, but i also read on the forum that they don't. Somtimes this process is so confusing. lol

Just now, Shawn & Rizalyn said:

I was planning a Dec. trip too, but we were hoping it would be to fly home together. So don't think the December trip will happen. Good thing is I guess air fare might drop a little. haha

do you know about this, I was reading that they need a round trip ticket to come home, but i also read on the forum that they don't. Somtimes this process is so confusing. lol

No round trip ticket is needed.  They just need the Embassy approval which they will have with the K-1.  This is confusing and has come up before.  One way works just fine as long as they have the visa (and CFO) stamp.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
Just now, John & Rose said:

No round trip ticket is needed.  They just need the Embassy approval which they will have with the K-1.  This is confusing and has come up before.  One way works just fine as long as they have the visa (and CFO) stamp.

cool thanks, By the way Im Shawn. Its good to meet you. It's nice to talk to someone that is on pretty much the same time frame.

1 minute ago, Shawn & Rizalyn said:

cool thanks, By the way Im Shawn. Its good to meet you. It's nice to talk to someone that is on pretty much the same time frame.

Hi Shawn. Nice to meet you. My future asawa is Rose. Her kids are Aira and AJ. They live in Pateros. There are a lot of people from the Philippines here. You should check out the regional forum. There is a lot of great info there. 

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
5 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Hi Shawn. Nice to meet you. My future asawa is Rose. Her kids are Aira and AJ. They live in Pateros. There are a lot of people from the Philippines here. You should check out the regional forum. There is a lot of great info there. 

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

My fiance Rizalyn and our daughters Chelsea and Venus live in Narra, Palawan. Me and our other 2 Nathan and Natalie are in Arizona. But her sister lives in Manila so we are hoping to be able to pick up visa at the 2Go in MOA as well.

I'll be sure to check out that link.

How old are the kids?  The only real saving available is if they are 14 or under when they do their medical.  We are going to hope that we can get to the medical before Aira turns 15 in January!

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
36 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

How old are the kids?  The only real saving available is if they are 14 or under when they do their medical.  We are going to hope that we can get to the medical before Aira turns 15 in January!

my step daughters are 5 and 8

6 minutes ago, Shawn & Rizalyn said:

my step daughters are 5 and 8

Excellent.  Their medical will only be 9,583 php!  The costs just went up this month.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
11 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Excellent.  Their medical will only be 9,583 php!  The costs just went up this month.

that's great. we're still up in the air about them coming at the same time. we may be doing k2 follow to join with them, My fiance kinda wants them to finish the school year there then we'll go back and get them. So right now that still is undecided. Guess doing it that way will spread out the cost for AOS a little. Cause that's going to be expensive. Cause we'll have to have someone take them back to manila for there medical and then again for there interview. If we do regular K2 then it only good for 6 months from approved date, if im correct. If my fiance doesn't have her AP before then then we have to file I-130 and be away from them longer. which I do not want. Not sure If I can go back and bring the girls home on my own. even being their legal step father.

Edited by Shawn & Rizalyn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.