Alfred0102

Passport stamped with CR1 although I've been married for more than 2 years

43 posts in this topic

Hello friends, 

I think I am in a trouble and I need your help please. My story is: 

I got married on 08/20/2015, I came to the USA on 08/29/2017. I heard that my passport should have been stamped with IR1. But it was stamped with cr1 instead. I had no clue at the moment. I don't want to receive the conditional green card. I want to be done with the paper work, at least for now. What can I do to make sure I receive the correct ir1 green card? Will they by default produce the ir1 green card given we've been married for more than 2 years? Or it will be the conditional cr1 since that's what my passport stamped with? Is there anything I can do to get the correct ir1 green card while it's pending, other than returning the incorrect cr1 with the form i-90? 

Thank you in advance! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

CBP has been known to issue this wrong stamp upon admission to the US, but that doesn’t mean you’ll receive a 2 year conditional green card. When processing your packet, USCIS will have to use your marriage certificate and date you were admitted. Chances are you’ll receive the 10 year one, however; you can always file a free form I-90 to replace card for free just in case you get the wrong one. In addition you can also call and visit a CBP office (mostly at airports) for some sorting if you also wish. 

Adjustment of Status From F-1 Visa.

8/14/2014: Mailed AOS package: I-130, I-485, I-765.

8/18/2014: Accepted in Chicago. Transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

8/21/2014: Received NOA 1. I-130, I-485, I-765 in mail.

8/25/2014: Received biometrics in mail. Scheduled for 9/8/2014

9/24/2014: EAD approved. 36 Days!

10/01/2014: EAD mailed.

10/03/2014: Received EAD card.

10/14/2014: I-485 moved to testing and interview.

1/28/2015: Interview scheduled for 3/4/2015.

1/31/2015: Received interview notice.

3/4/2015: Interview completed and APPROVED!

3/5/2015: Welcome notice mailed and I-130 Approved.

3/10/2015: Welcome notice and I-130 approval notice received.

3/12/2015: Green card mailed.

3/14/2015: Green card delivered.

Removal of Conditions: 

12/14/2016: Mailed I-751.

12/19/2016: NOA issued.

01/26/2017: Biometrics.

05/03/2018: I-751 transfered to NBC.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 Interview.

05/14/2019: I-751 APPROVED.

Naturalization:

12/02/2017: Mailed N 400 to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox. (I-751 still pending)

12/05/2017: Package delivered in Phoenix, AZ. Transferred to Harrisonburg Processing Center.

12/07/2017: Notice of action issued. (IOE)

12/26/2017: Biometrics.

01/23/2019: Interview Scheduled for 2/27/2019.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 interview. N-400 recommended for approval.

05/16/2019: N-400 APPROVED! Placed in line for oath ceremony.

05/17/2019: Oath ceremony notice mailed.

06/12/2019: Swearing in Ceremony! Finally a U.S. citizen!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

If you receive a conditional status green card, file an I-90 with no fee, return the green card with the filing and they'll correct their error.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

17 hours ago, pushbrk said:

If you receive a conditional status green card, file an I-90 with no fee, return the green card with the filing and they'll correct their error.

I called the uscis and they said my greem card hasn't been produced yet so there's a chance we can avoid the problem. He told me he will notify the uscis and that they will follow up with me. 

Tonight when I checked the status online, at the bottom of the screen it said: 

As of October 23, 2017, your general inquiry, referral number WKD**********TSC, is currently not assigned for processing.

Can you please tell me what that means? 

Thanks in advance! 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Sulaiman Swaitti said:

I called the uscis and they said my greem card hasn't been produced yet so there's a chance we can avoid the problem. He told me he will notify the uscis and that they will follow up with me. 

Tonight when I checked the status online, at the bottom of the screen it said: 

As of October 23, 2017, your general inquiry, referral number WKD**********TSC, is currently not assigned for processing.

Can you please tell me what that means? 

Thanks in advance! 

Nothing important.  The inquiry is on record.  They'll deal with it when they deal with it.  I expect you are on the right track already.  They really don't mess this up very often.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 4 weeks later...

What happened? Do you receive your green card? What does it mention? Is it a 10 year one. Let me know cause I am in the same situation as you are.

Thank you

29 minutes ago, Marnousse said:

What happened? Do you receive your green card? What does it mention? Is it a 10 year one. Let me know cause I am in the same situation as you are.

Thank you

No not yet. I'm still waiting for the card to arrive. On 11/04/2017 I got a notice that the card is being produced and it should come within a month from then. 2 weeks went by and I'm waiting. I'll update you once I receive it. 

Did you get the incorrect stamp? Can you update me about your card too please? 

Edited by Sulaiman Swaitti

I don't receive my card yet but I am going to call USCIS to inform them about the Situation. You stated that you came to the US on August 29, 2017 and you haven't still received your green card. It's been 3 months since you haven't received your green card. You were supposed to receive it within a month. Didn't you pay for it?

4 minutes ago, Marnousse said:

I don't receive my card yet but I am going to call USCIS to inform them about the Situation. You stated that you came to the US on August 29, 2017 and you haven't still received your green card. It's been 3 months since you haven't received your green card. You were supposed to receive it within a month. Didn't you pay for it?

I paid 2 weeks after I arrived but it's not the problem. After you arrive you're supposed to receive your green card WITHIN 120 days. That's the notion you'll get from USCIS. Some people get it sooner (still within 120 days) and a few get it later.

1 hour ago, Sulaiman Swaitti said:

I paid 2 weeks after I arrived but it's not the problem. After you arrive you're supposed to receive your green card WITHIN 120 days. That's the notion you'll get from USCIS. Some people get it sooner (still within 120 days) and a few get it later.

Just to clarify, they won't even start working on your card until they get payment. So that's when the clock starts, not when you enter the country (unless you paid before entry, then the clock starts from POE).

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

10 minutes ago, Marnousse said:

I paid for my green card overseas two weeks before coming here. Listen Do i have to call USCIS to get everything fixed? My son stamp is IR2.

I don't know much about IR2 or if calling them would help. I called and I'm crossing my fingers to see what green card I will receive. Try to call though, it doesn't hurt. They can make an inquiry to correct it if it's not produced yet. They made an inquiry for me but I'm not sure what happened behind the scenes and whether or not the officer saw it. All I'm doing now is waiting.

even if I get the incorrect card, I can file form I90 with the incorrect card to get the correct one. 

Good luck to you!

I have just talked to a lady, she said that i have to call the people from the customs. I don't understand why i have to call them. She gets me confused. Anyway let me wait for the green card to arrive.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.