wells89

DCF London - current appt wait times?

8 posts in this topic

Hi all!

We received our LND number (woohoo!) and are just getting everything together to make the medical appointment and set an interview date.

However as we're now in the run up to Christmas... and the letter says we just need to apply within 12 months... I'm wondering how long it takes to get a date for those?

Has anyone made their appointments in London recently? What are the wait times like - did you have to book an appointment a month, 3 months, or more out?

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
15 minutes ago, wells89 said:

Hi all!

We received our LND number (woohoo!) and are just getting everything together to make the medical appointment and set an interview date.

However as we're now in the run up to Christmas... and the letter says we just need to apply within 12 months... I'm wondering how long it takes to get a date for those?

Has anyone made their appointments in London recently? What are the wait times like - did you have to book an appointment a month, 3 months, or more out?

Thanks!

Congratulations on getting to that stage. If you filter the Visa timelines to view just the UK filers, then click on advanced mode, you’ll see that some have got from NOA2 to interview within 35 days for K1 visa applications.

For medical

Did you get your police certificates already? That takes about 10 days

Did you get your medical summary and vaccinations list from your Doctors? Some have delays with obtaining theirs.

So, take a screenshot of your LND number, book your medical, complete the DS160 or DS260 (whichever is relevant to you) and pay the fee, then complete your readiness form and book your interview.

For interview

Have you got the Affidavit of Support form with supporting docs ready? 

Edited by June2017UK

Timeline
28 minutes ago, wells89 said:

Hi all!

Thanks!

Here are the DCF timelines sorted by interview date for you.

919D9FC2-C552-46BF-BB24-2A93796888E9.jpeg

I wasn't a DCF applicant but I did go through the London embassy last year (interview was December 2016 for IR-1). Not much has changed. There is almost no wait at all for medical and interview appointments. When I called to book my medical I could have had one that week (but that wasn't enough notice for me to take a day off work so I booked one for a few weeks later). I went through the NVC and they completed my case on October 20 last year. On October 28 I was told my interview would be December 6. DCF applicants pick their own interviews and can have even shorter timescales. Also, after you have selected a date it is possible to go back online and change it to an earlier or later one. New slots become available all the time. It's a very smooth process in London. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline
On 10/22/2017 at 10:51 AM, June2017UK said:

Congratulations on getting to that stage. If you filter the Visa timelines to view just the UK filers, then click on advanced mode, you’ll see that some have got from NOA2 to interview within 35 days for K1 visa applications.

For medical

Did you get your police certificates already? That takes about 10 days

Did you get your medical summary and vaccinations list from your Doctors? Some have delays with obtaining theirs.

So, take a screenshot of your LND number, book your medical, complete the DS160 or DS260 (whichever is relevant to you) and pay the fee, then complete your readiness form and book your interview.

For interview

Have you got the Affidavit of Support form with supporting docs ready? 

Silly question....35 working days or everyday?

Timeline
1 hour ago, AZSunshine78 said:

Silly question....35 working days or everyday?

It was this timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?cfl=0&id=260037

Another recent K1 was booked within 38 Days.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?cfl=0&id=261399

However, the OP was referring to DCF on this thread, which I noticed in hindsight, so their Interview timelines will be different to our K1 journeys.

Thanks everyone.

I meant disregarding the time it takes to get everything together - we've applied for the police certificates, about to make an appointment with the GP for vaccinations, gathered some of the evidence, started filling out paperwork and collecting the rest of the evidence.

I was wondering what the availability of appointments for the London doctor and interview is like. Once we ring to book the medical appointment - how soon can you get an appointment? Then once you do the readiness form, how soon can get make the interview appointment?

Also I know it's supposed to take something like 7-10 days for the medical report to get to the consulate, then it's only good for a certain amount of time... and I know it needs to be valid when you travel to the States... so timing seems to matter!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, we booked our medical a few days ago and our interview today. Our medical is on the 21st of November and the interview is on the 1st of December! It is really fast in london, and they have many appointments available so you shouldn't have to wait too long at all.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.