IheartAsia

Can my Filipina Fiancee go into Japan with USA visa?

50 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
14 hours ago, Nitas_man said:

OK we are not doing this guy a solid at all.  Hong Kong?  Noisy.  Crowded.  No.  Now we must vote.  I am dropping Bali and declare that if you are going to do a stopover, do it right and take your fiancé to the Maldives.

Here you go.  https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g293953-Maldives-Hotels.html 

I am certain you can flip a coin pick one and get it booked with little worry that you will have a great time.  Have a nice trip, post some pics!

Nothing against Bali and the Maldives and OP has decided to not do a stop over on the way to the USA at all but... Keep in mind that OP has a Fiancee from the Philippines thus Bali and Maldives being tropical destinations would be in competition with places like Boracay and Palawan and lesser know but equally amazing places in her home country which she may not have ever seen or even dared dreaming of seeing.   Further neither Bali or Maldives seems like a destination where-by you could stop there "on the way" to the USA.   As for Hong Kong.... Central Hong Kong is often Noisy and Crowded but there are so many other sides to Hong Kong including some amazing remote (nearly deserted during the week) tropical beaches, over 200KM of scenic, quiet peaceful and wooded hiking trails,  mountain vista, remote islands etc., quiet peaceful, ocean kyacking, rock climbing, Plus all the benefits of a large city and food from all over the world.

Timeline
4 hours ago, IheartAsia said:

Any recommendations on airlines to use or stay away from? I used Japan airlines last time and was very happy, but I can't any flights from them at the moment.

It depends a bit on where your final destination is in the USA.    As far as I know only Philippine airlines will fly you direct from Manila to the USA.  (SFO I think).

Basically any major airline you book will be generally acceptable with the exception of anything that has a leg on a Chinese airline or operated by a Chinese airline.  You can get some great deals on flights to the USA connecting thru Shanghai and Beijing but I'd avoid those mostly because a) China airspace is congested so flights can be significantly delayed and connections missed.   b) China civil aviation prevents the use of cellphones on planes of Chinese airlines by which I mean not even in airplane mode so no pictures, games etc on your phone (a major bummer for me) 

Your most direct flights are likely to be connecting thru Narita.  which should be no issue at all although EVA thru Tiepei is an option and the gulf airlines connecting thru the middle east are options as well although be aware of potential laptop carry on bans on those airlines if that is important to you.  

-

You can pretty much book on best price and likely be perfectly happy.    One of my favorite airlines has been Cathy Pacific for that you'd connect thru Hong Kong 

Last consideration would be what airline you might have membership status on.   A couple of round trips to Asia might earn you enough for a domestic flight for free in the future.

-

Japan airlines is part of one world alliance so taking them again or other one world carriers (Cathay pacific is one world also) might get you closer to a free American airlines flight in the USA for your honeymoon :--)

6 minutes ago, JE57 said:

It depends a bit on where your final destination is in the USA.    As far as I know only Philippine airlines will fly you direct from Manila to the USA.  (SFO I think).

Basically any major airline you book will be generally acceptable with the exception of anything that has a leg on a Chinese airline or operated by a Chinese airline.  You can get some great deals on flights to the USA connecting thru Shanghai and Beijing but I'd avoid those mostly because a) China airspace is congested so flights can be significantly delayed and connections missed.   b) China civil aviation prevents the use of cellphones on planes of Chinese airlines by which I mean not even in airplane mode so no pictures, games etc on your phone (a major bummer for me) 

Your most direct flights are likely to be connecting thru Narita.  which should be no issue at all although EVA thru Tiepei is an option and the gulf airlines connecting thru the middle east are options as well although be aware of potential laptop carry on bans on those airlines if that is important to you.  

-

You can pretty much book on best price and likely be perfectly happy.    One of my favorite airlines has been Cathy Pacific for that you'd connect thru Hong Kong 

Last consideration would be what airline you might have membership status on.   A couple of round trips to Asia might earn you enough for a domestic flight for free in the future.

-

Japan airlines is part of one world alliance so taking them again or other one world carriers (Cathay pacific is one world also) might get you closer to a free American airlines flight in the USA for your honeymoon :--)

Japan airlines is MIA for some reason,  (at least in the price range that is coming up) everyone always say's that cathay is the best. Thank's for your wisdom. 

10 hours ago, javadown2 said:

There is a catch to this because your fiancee's ticket must originate in the Philippines.  I booked tickets for my mom and I to fly round trip from Seattle to Manila and back...then before actually purchasing them I made sure there was room on the plane and then booking my fiancee's flight on the same plane. It was a little hard to get seating together and my mom ended up sitting on a different isle. (since it was my asawa's first flight overseas and wanted to sit next to me). I bought my wife a round trip ticket even though we never used the return flight, it was cheaper for the round-trip, go figure! 

But if it's just you and your fiancee just make sure to book early and hopefully there is an open seat. We went EVA airlines through Taipei and it wasn't bad. 

Honestly I don't know if this is the best option but it worked for us.  

I have purchased tickets for a female leaving Philippines in the USA. I even took them to her in Philippines.  This was years ago.   Just a few years ago I purchased my fiancé a ticket to fly to USA with me on Delta I called them directly from Philippines and had them put her on same flight as mine.  Was rather simple from what I remember.

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

5 hours ago, JE57 said:

Phlippines Air only has a very few limited flight going to USA, and only to the West Coast.

Delta has many flights leaving PI and arriving in all parts of USA.

9 hours ago, IheartAsia said:

Any recommendations on airlines to use or stay away from? I used Japan airlines last time and was very happy, but I can't any flights from them at the moment.

Stay away from anything based in China. Air China, China Air etc. Old junk planes and don't do a layover in China.

I used to use consolidators back in the day where I would fly different airlines to get to Manila, this could be a pain since if you had luggage you had to transfer it.   Now of days so many airlines fly there.  

Lately Delta has been the best and cheapest, back when I was going there years ago Delta didn't offer direct service to Philippines.

Another trick I use now of day, I will land in Manila and buy my next ticket to my final destination once I get there. I usually catch a flight to either Davao City or Legazpi City, So I play it by ear in case my flight is delayed.  If you catch the red eye the ticket price is around 3K peso 

Can I just book 2 adult round-trip tickets for me and my fiancee from the states to Philippines? It seems to be cheaper than booking her a one way flight from manila. of course she has never been to the states so I don't if ordering the tickets online be able to discriminate against that.

Edited by IheartAsia

20 hours ago, JE57 said:

-

-

They also do Non-stop to LAX as well. But the flight sucks and I will never do that flight again.

Timeline
40 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

They also do Non-stop to LAX as well. But the flight sucks and I will never do that flight again.

I hear ya on that, I looked at that flight at one time, then decided I would like a stop-over just to get out and stretch my legs some.   Been flying Delta as of late with a stop in Japan

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
8 minutes ago, IheartAsia said:

So nobody know's if the ole x2 round tripper works?

I would suppose you could book two round trip tickets (might confuse the airlines :lol: ),  but not sure why .. just make a phone call to the airlines and book the flights.  Easy-peasy    And the price was the same as I found online.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 hour ago, IheartAsia said:

Can I just book 2 adult round-trip tickets for me and my fiancee from the states to Philippines? It seems to be cheaper than booking her a one way flight from manila. of course she has never been to the states so I don't if ordering the tickets online be able to discriminate against that.

No.... Don't do that.... if you do then when she goes to board her flight in the Philippines you will likely find out that the entire flight has been canceled because she was not on the outbound leg.  You can book round trip for her if it's cheaper than one way but her ticket would then be round trip from the Phlilippines to the USA and back with some date in the future....   Then if you don't use the return ticket no big deal.   Although once she gets to the USA you might consider canceling the return to be sure the airline doesn't screw up and report her to the GOV as being on the flight when she wasn't. 

6 hours ago, JE57 said:

No.... Don't do that.... if you do then when she goes to board her flight in the Philippines you will likely find out that the entire flight has been canceled because she was not on the outbound leg.  You can book round trip for her if it's cheaper than one way but her ticket would then be round trip from the Phlilippines to the USA and back with some date in the future....   Then if you don't use the return ticket no big deal.   Although once she gets to the USA you might consider canceling the return to be sure the airline doesn't screw up and report her to the GOV as being on the flight when she wasn't. 

Make sense

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.