IheartAsia

Can my Filipina Fiancee go into Japan with USA visa?

50 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
17 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

You are wrong sir as long as she has her visa then she is fine to enter South Korea for tourism and later fly to the USA. We had a individual who asked about it, she found out the answer and actually did it. She then came back and reported her findings. I will post the link na.

Well that seems to be one that the rest of the internet missed LOL

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requirements_for_Philippine_citizens Green card holders noted here, but nothing about US visa.  Jeju Island (SK) was on the other list though as a VOA point. 

So from the other thread with a US visa and an entry/exit ticket to or from the US it looks like South Korea will grant a VOA.  Good work!

The OP could save a ton of time and research and just transit through Bali......

Edited by Nitas_man

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
16 hours ago, IheartAsia said:

Good morning everyone, I am going to get my fiancee soon and on the flight back I would like to spend a day or two in Japan with her. I assume there will not be any issues letting her into the country from the airport. Wouldn't she be treated like a U.S. citizen?

As many have said already getting into Japan with a Philippine passport is next to impossible.. about the same as getting a tourist visa to the USA ;)  :lol: 

4 hours ago, IheartAsia said:

What about South Korea, can she enter that country with USA visa?

@cyberfx1024 already pointed out your fiancee can enter S. Korea for a short visit.  Gave you a good link to the lady I was thinking of that recently did this as well.

Later when there is a green card travel becomes a little easier.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Don't Go to China either.  No Matter what you nationality is.  If for some reason your flight is delayed or something goes wrong and there is no flights within 24 hours then they will kick you out of the airport and put you the next plane going back to your home country.  

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

Don't Go to China either.  No Matter what you nationality is.  If for some reason your flight is delayed or something goes wrong and there is no flights within 24 hours then they will kick you out of the airport and put you the next plane going back to your home country.  

China offers rather Liberal transit visas and up to 72 hours outside of the airport.  BUT... limited by nationality and you'd want to do a bunch of research first as it seems that these transit visa's are always in some state of flux.  

Timeline

Options:   As others have pointed out south Korea becomes a reasonable option for tourism with an on-ward ticket.  Also while you may not be able to book a complete flight from Manila all the way to the US with a stop in South Korea carriers like Cebu Pacific may be able to get you from MNL to S. Korea. 

-

Yes, you can lay-over in Japan, and stay airside even avail of an airside transit hotel for a longer layover but then I fail to see much point in that.  

-

A better option may be a stop in Hong Kong from which she would be visa free for 14 days and optional trip to Macau as well.  From Hong Kong you have lots of options on how to get to the USA including direct flights to several US airports such as NYC, CHI, SFO, and I think even DFW.  Many cheap flights from MNL to HKG but..... be aware of extra costs for baggage on those cheap flights.   If you are interested in that option feel free to PM me and I can offer you a bit of more specific advice as my Asawa and I live in Hong Kong.  

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

OK we are not doing this guy a solid at all.  Hong Kong?  Noisy.  Crowded.  No.  Now we must vote.  I am dropping Bali and declare that if you are going to do a stopover, do it right and take your fiancé to the Maldives.

Here you go.  https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g293953-Maldives-Hotels.html 

I am certain you can flip a coin pick one and get it booked with little worry that you will have a great time.  Have a nice trip, post some pics!

Edited by Nitas_man

53 minutes ago, JE57 said:

China offers rather Liberal transit visas and up to 72 hours outside of the airport.  BUT... limited by nationality and you'd want to do a bunch of research first as it seems that these transit visa's are always in some state of flux.  

Back in 2007 I was going to PI. I flew and caught Air China from SFO to Bejeing and onto Manila.  I checked my luggage in USA and told them to send it to my final destination. American Airlines said I had to pick it up in China and recheck it. I said ok I had about 3 hours layover so no biggie.  Got to Beijing and of course 3 out of 4 luggage missing, went an filed missing luggage and proceded to catch next flight to Manila.  No big deal I have luggage get last more than once, it always found it final destination.  I had a little over one hour for the next flight,  They wouldn't let me catch the train to go to the right terminal inside the airport. Said I didn't have enough time.  It was me a US Citizen and my wife who had a GC.  

I had just flown from SFO to Bejing, they said I had to leave the country and took my passport and cancelled the entry stamp and put me on a American Airline plane back to Los Angles.  At the time they claimed if no connecting flight within 24 hours you had to go back from your original desination country.    

I told them to send me to Japan, Taiwan or anywhere in Asia but no I got put back on a 12 hour flight back the other way.

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

2 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

Back in 2007 I was going to PI. I flew and caught Air China from SFO to Bejeing and onto Manila.  I checked my luggage in USA and told them to send it to my final destination. American Airlines said I had to pick it up in China and recheck it. I said ok I had about 3 hours layover so no biggie.  Got to Beijing and of course 3 out of 4 luggage missing, went an filed missing luggage and proceded to catch next flight to Manila.  No big deal I have luggage get last more than once, it always found it final destination.  I had a little over one hour for the next flight,  They wouldn't let me catch the train to go to the right terminal inside the airport. Said I didn't have enough time.  It was me a US Citizen and my wife who had a GC.  

I had just flown from SFO to Bejing, they said I had to leave the country and took my passport and cancelled the entry stamp and put me on a American Airline plane back to Los Angles.  At the time they claimed if no connecting flight within 24 hours you had to go back from your original desination country.    

I told them to send me to Japan, Taiwan or anywhere in Asia but no I got put back on a 12 hour flight back the other way.

eek... I didn't plan on going to China this go anyways. It seems like a nasty mess dealing with all that in China

Ok thanks, for the info guys. I think I will hold off on visiting another country for now and just focus on coming home. Can I get some tips or advice when booking a round trip flight and booking my fiancee's flight back with me? My flight would from US to Manila and back.  I am having a hard time finding threads about this in the search. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, IheartAsia said:

Ok thanks, for the info guys. I think I will hold off on visiting another country for now and just focus on coming home. Can I get some tips or advice when booking a round trip flight and booking my fiancee's flight back with me? My flight would from US to Manila and back.  I am having a hard time finding threads about this in the search. 

There is a catch to this because your fiancee's ticket must originate in the Philippines.  I booked tickets for my mom and I to fly round trip from Seattle to Manila and back...then before actually purchasing them I made sure there was room on the plane and then booking my fiancee's flight on the same plane. It was a little hard to get seating together and my mom ended up sitting on a different isle. (since it was my asawa's first flight overseas and wanted to sit next to me). I bought my wife a round trip ticket even though we never used the return flight, it was cheaper for the round-trip, go figure! 

But if it's just you and your fiancee just make sure to book early and hopefully there is an open seat. We went EVA airlines through Taipei and it wasn't bad. 

Honestly I don't know if this is the best option but it worked for us.  

10 minutes ago, javadown2 said:

There is a catch to this because your fiancee's ticket must originate in the Philippines.  I booked tickets for my mom and I to fly round trip from Seattle to Manila and back...then before actually purchasing them I made sure there was room on the plane and then booking my fiancee's flight on the same plane. It was a little hard to get seating together and my mom ended up sitting on a different isle. (since it was my asawa's first flight overseas and wanted to sit next to me). I bought my wife a round trip ticket even though we never used the return flight, it was cheaper for the round-trip, go figure! 

But if it's just you and your fiancee just make sure to book early and hopefully there is an open seat. We went EVA airlines through Taipei and it wasn't bad. 

Honestly I don't know if this is the best option but it worked for us.  

So, I take it there is no configuration you are familiar with where I could book our flights together simultaneously? I have to book my round trip and then book her separately to my return flight hoping that we will be able to sit together? I plan on going by this Friday or so. I guess that is going to limit my options. 

Edited by IheartAsia

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
27 minutes ago, IheartAsia said:

So, I take it there is no configuration you are familiar with where I could book our flights together simultaneously? I have to book my round trip and then book her separately to my return flight hoping that we will be able to sit together? I plan on going by this Friday or so. I guess that is going to limit my options. 

Maybe try to call the airlines ahead of time and ask them if you can book them at the same time, using EVA airlines website I couldn't figure out how to buy her ticket and mine at the same time since they had different origination points. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, IheartAsia said:

When we did this I had to call the airlines directly to get my wife booked with adjoining seats, because her ticket was one way I couldn't do both online.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.