rainey0914

Guide: Getting a Singapore Police Clearance from the Philippines

178 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys! I just want to share with you how to get your police clearance from Singapore even if you're in the Philippines. 

If you've lived in Singapore for more than six months, then yes you do need to obtain a police clearance, or rather, a COC (Certificate of Clearance)from them.

I'll be editing this as soon as I get an update.

BTW, I applied for this for my K1 (fiancee) visa.

Before proceeding, please also read the FAQs of the Singapore Police Force's website.

Here goes:

1. Apply for an Appeal by Non-Singapore citizens to Apply for Certificate of Clearance. Please click the link and read the requirements needed, and I'll be elaborating the answers to usual questions about it below. BTW, the appeal is different from the actual application for COC. SPF (Singapore Police Force) needs to go through your request / appeal first and they'll approve it. Reason being, SPF doesn't really give out COCs just because.

Requirements:

• Your FIN (Foreign Identification Number) - Just the number will do. I don't have a copy of my previous S Pass and they won't require it, just make sure that you can still remember your FIN.
  • Scanned documentary proof indicating that a COC is required and for what purpose - I used my NOA2 for this. It's not indicated there that you need the clearance, so what I did was attach the K1 checklist found in US Embassy Manila's website.
  • Scanned biometric page of applicant’s valid passport - Very straightforward, just give them a copy of your passport's biometric page (where your photo is)
  • Scanned Identification Document (ID), front and back - I don't have a work permit anymore, I used my SSS card for this. Create one scan for front and another for the back.
  • Scanned or digital passport-sized photograph - 400x514 pixels. Looks like Singapore's passport photo. I used a US passport-sized photo, scanned it, and cropped it to the required size. It's not exact, but it's within the 400x514 range.
  • Valid Credit/Debit Card (VISA/MASTERCARD) or i-Banking account for online payment - I still have my Singapore account and I used I-banking for this. No worries if you use a normal credit card, as long as it's VISA/Mastercard and you can answer your bank's online security check that will prompt. I've read that previously they needed a bank draft, thankfully they now accept these modes of payment.
  • Original hardcopy fingerprint impressions (Optional) - Since we're not in Singapore, then we have to mail it to them. More on this later.

2. After applying for the appeal, wait for a few days for their email. I applied mine on a Friday and got their response on Tuesday that my appeal was approved, and that it was time to Apply for the Certificate of Clearance. You have all the details saved on your profile, so all you need to do is to pay them. Make sure that your browser allows popups.

3. After payment, go back to your Application Portal (the first page). You should now see your your reference number in red. Print the page (The option for printing it is somewhere there).

4. Wait for their confirmation email with the receipt. The email will prompt you : Kindly mail us your hardcopy fingerprints together with a copy of the Acknowledgment Slip printed from the Application Portal

5. Time to get your fingerprints! No need to look for Singapore's fingerprint card, Camp Crame will give you a copy.

This can be obtained in Camp Crame in Quezon City. Now, this was the part where all forums didn't even specify where and how to go or navigate from the gate. Read on!

• Bring a pen, wet wipes, and passport-sized photos with you. Each application needs 2 photos (1 for their copy and 1 for ours). I used my US visa photo so they just cut it to make it fit.
  • Go to Camp Crame. I took a Grabcar all the way from the South, but if you're commuting, alight at Santolan-Annapolis MRT Station. There are also buses through EDSA, if you prefer to take the bus.
    • Go to Gate 2. This is at the right side of the area. If you're walking, go past the vehicle entrance and you'll see another entrance for walk-ins. If I remember correctly, it's almost in front of an LBC store.
    • Since I took a Grab, once in Gate 2, go straight then turn right. There will be a small intersection and you'll see the Crime Laboratory on the left side.
    • If you're walking: Once inside Camp Crame, follow the vehicles' path from the gate. You'll see Landbank and a coffee shop/restaurants. There's also a clean restroom here. Walk past it until the non-airconditioned eatery. Turn right on the narrow street. At the end, you'll see the PNP Ladies' (I forgot the building name, but it has "Ladies" on it.) Then go to the right. You will see the Firearms building, and then the Crime Lab building.
    • Go inside the building. Leave an ID at the front desk and tell the police your purpose. They'll accompany you to the door going to the back and will lead you to the Fingerprinting Department.
    • Once there, go up then left. Enter the door and the nice old lady will give you a payment slip. Fill it out then go to Landbank. (Directions on how to go by foot: go out of the building, walk to the right, cross the street where there's a grill restaurant, walk through the narrow street, turn left.)
    • Pay the PHP200 fee. If you're obtaining multiple cards for different purposes, the fee would be higher. Note that you need to bring your fan and a small towel with you (maybe some water too!) because the aircon here is totally not working properly especially when there are lots of people. I was there for 2 hours.
    • Go back to the Fingerprinting Department and they'll give you the cards for you to fill out. If there are people queueing for fingerprints, you'll be given a number and you'll be asked to accomplish the cards downstairs. They'll call you once it's your turn. You can wash your hands there after fingerprinting. You can make use of your wet wipes here to wipe off additional ink smudges.
    • Wait for a while and then they'll release the card to you. Go home!

6. Ship the fingerprints to Singapore. (I'll be doing this tomorrow, so I'll update this soon!)

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
On 10/19/2017 at 12:42 AM, rainey0914 said:

Hi guys! I just want to share with you how to get your police clearance from Singapore even if you're in the Philippines. 

If you've lived in Singapore for more than six months, then yes you do need to obtain a police clearance, or rather, a COC (Certificate of Clearance)from them.

Before proceeding, please also read the FAQs of the Singapore Police Force's website.

Here goes:

1. Apply for an Appeal by Non-Singapore citizens to Apply for Certificate of Clearance. Please click the link and read the requirements needed, and I'll be elaborating the answers to usual questions about it below. BTW, the appeal is different from the actual application for COC. SPF (Singapore Police Force) needs to go through your request / appeal first and they'll approve it. Reason being, SPF doesn't really give out COCs just because.

Requirements:

• Your FIN (Foreign Identification Number) - Just the number will do. I don't have a copy of my previous S Pass and they won't require it, just make sure that you can still remember your FIN.
  • Scanned documentary proof indicating that a COC is required and for what purpose - I used my NOA2 for this. It's not indicated there that you need the clearance, so what I did was attach the K1 checklist found in US Embassy Manila's website.
  • Scanned biometric page of applicant’s valid passport - Very straightforward, just give them a copy of your passport's biometric page (where your photo is)
  • Scanned Identification Document (ID), front and back - I don't have a work permit anymore, I used my SSS card for this. Create one scan for front and another for the back.
  • Scanned or digital passport-sized photograph - 400x514 pixels. Looks like Singapore's passport photo. I used a US passport-sized photo, scanned it, and cropped it to the required size. It's not exact, but it's within the 400x514 range.
  • Valid Credit/Debit Card (VISA/MASTERCARD) or i-Banking account for online payment - I still have my Singapore account and I used I-banking for this. No worries if you use a normal credit card, as long as it's VISA/Mastercard and you can answer your bank's online security check that will prompt. I've read that previously they needed a bank draft, thankfully they now accept these modes of payment.
  • Original hardcopy fingerprint impressions (Optional) - Since we're not in Singapore, then we have to mail it to them. More on this later.

2. After applying for the appeal, wait for a few days for their email. I applied mine on a Friday and got their response on Tuesday that my appeal was approved, and that it was time to Apply for the Certificate of Clearance. You have all the details saved on your profile, so all you need to do is to pay them. Make sure that your browser allows popups.

3. After payment, go back to your Application Portal (the first page). You should now see your your reference number in red. Print the page (The option for printing it is somewhere there).

4. Wait for their confirmation email with the receipt. The email will prompt you : Kindly mail us your hardcopy fingerprints together with a copy of the Acknowledgment Slip printed from the Application Portal

5. Time to get your fingerprints! No need to look for Singapore's fingerprint card, Camp Crame will give you a copy.

This can be obtained in Camp Crame in Quezon City. Now, this was the part where all forums didn't even specify where and how to go or navigate from the gate. Read on!

• Bring a pen, wet wipes, and passport-sized photos with you. Each application needs 2 photos (1 for their copy and 1 for ours). I used my US visa photo so they just cut it to make it fit.
  • Go to Camp Crame. I took a Grabcar all the way from the South, but if you're commuting, alight at Santolan-Annapolis MRT Station. There are also buses through EDSA, if you prefer to take the bus.
    • Go to Gate 2. This is at the right side of the area. If you're walking, go past the vehicle entrance and you'll see another entrance for walk-ins. If I remember correctly, it's almost in front of an LBC store.
    • Since I took a Grab, once in Gate 2, go straight then turn right. There will be a small intersection and you'll see the Crime Laboratory on the left side.
    • If you're walking: Once inside Camp Crame, follow the vehicles' path from the gate. You'll see Landbank and a coffee shop/restaurants. There's also a clean restroom here. Walk past it until the non-airconditioned eatery. Turn right on the narrow street. At the end, you'll see the PNP Ladies' (I forgot the building name, but it has "Ladies" on it.) Then go to the right. You will see the Firearms building, and then the Crime Lab building.
    • Go inside the building. Leave an ID at the front desk and tell the police your purpose. They'll accompany you to the door going to the back and will lead you to the Fingerprinting Department.
    • Once there, go up then left. Enter the door and the nice old lady will give you a payment slip. Fill it out then go to Landbank. (Directions on how to go by foot: go out of the building, walk to the right, cross the street where there's a grill restaurant, walk through the narrow street, turn left.)
    • Pay the PHP200 fee. If you're obtaining multiple cards for different purposes, the fee would be higher. Note that you need to bring your fan and a small towel with you (maybe some water too!) because the aircon here is totally not working properly especially when there are lots of people. I was there for 2 hours.
    • Go back to the Fingerprinting Department and they'll give you the cards for you to fill out. If there are people queueing for fingerprints, you'll be given a number and you'll be asked to accomplish the cards downstairs. They'll call you once it's your turn. You can wash your hands there after fingerprinting. You can make use of your wet wipes here to wipe off additional ink smudges.

6. Ship the fingerprints to Singapore. (I'll be doing this tomorrow, so I'll update this soon!)

Hi i want to get COC in singapore but i don't have Fin# i couldn't remember nor see my Fin# before because my employer she keep all my documents..what will i do to get a Fin#? Do u have idea? Thanks

Timeline
6 hours ago, Arnesh28 said:

Hi i want to get COC in singapore but i don't have Fin# i couldn't remember nor see my Fin# before because my employer she keep all my documents..what will i do to get a Fin#? Do u have idea? Thanks

Hi! I'm not sure where we can obtain that. Maybe get in touch with your previous employer? Or maybe you have a photocopy of your Pass / Work permit card that you've kept?

Timeline
3 hours ago, rainey0914 said:

Hi! I'm not sure where we can obtain that. Maybe get in touch with your previous employer? Or maybe you have a photocopy of your Pass / Work permit card that you've kept?

Gosh i really dont have any idea where those now..that was long time ago already..since 2005 to 2009.this is sucks..anyway thanks ☺

Timeline
On 10/19/2017 at 12:42 AM, rainey0914 said:

Here goes:

Requirements:

Hi good day/evning in #2 documents for getting a non SG (COC) what does mean scanned documentary of proof that is NOA2?? 

Thanks..

Timeline
1 hour ago, Arnesh28 said:

Hi good day/evning in #2 documents for getting a non SG (COC) what does mean scanned documentary of proof that is NOA2?? 

Thanks..

Hi! Yes, I used the NOA 2 plus the K1 checklist (the link is on my original post --- on page two of the file, it says that you need police clearances). :)

You will be prompted by the Singapore Police website to upload the needed requirements.

Timeline
5 hours ago, rainey0914 said:

Hi! Yes, I used the NOA 2 plus the K1 checklist (the link is on my original post --- on page two of the file, it says that you need police clearances). :)

You will be prompted by the Singapore Police website to upload the needed requirements.

Hi in NOA2 do really need to included MCN/NVC on it? Yah i saw the link u posted ☺ and i already save it ready to print..thanks..

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Arnesh28 said:

Hi in NOA2 do really need to included MCN/NVC on it? Yah i saw the link u posted ☺ and i already save it ready to print..thanks..

I just attached the scanned NOA 2, which doesn't include the NVC number (since it is just a notice that they've submitted your case to NVC). Only our receipt number was there.

I don't think Singapore Police would care about your MCN or NVC ;), they just need proof that you are requesting for a police clearance for legitimate reasons. If you wait for your MCN before applying, it would only delay the process more. For my case, the total time it took for me to get my clearance was about six weeks (from appeal to receipt of the clearance itself)

Timeline
59 minutes ago, rainey0914 said:

I just attached the scanned NOA 2, which doesn't include the NVC number (since it is just a notice that they've submitted your case to NVC). Only our receipt number was there.

I don't think Singapore Police would care about your MCN or NVC ;), they just need proof that you are requesting for a police clearance for legitimate reasons. If you wait for your MCN before applying, it would only delay the process more. For my case, the total time it took for me to get my clearance was about six weeks (from appeal to receipt of the clearance itself)

Thank u so much☺ 

Timeline
19 hours ago, Arnesh28 said:

Thank u so much☺ 

No worries! Glad to help! Getting a Singapore Police clearance is tedious and it took me a lot of research on what to do, especially for the fingerprinting. :)

• 4 months later...
Timeline

Hello my k1 visa application is  still pending because i did not give my 2 COC during my interview. I was so worried if i can't  get taiwan police clearance due to my case. I been working there since 2004 to 2007 as caretaker and after my contract i did not go home. Is there any  chance that the US embassy will not give me a visa? 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Rowena M. Tripole said:

Hello my k1 visa application is  still pending because i did not give my 2 COC during my interview. I was so worried if i can't  get taiwan police clearance due to my case. I been working there since 2004 to 2007 as caretaker and after my contract i did not go home. Is there any  chance that the US embassy will not give me a visa? 

Hi Rowena! They would put your application on hold until you can give them your Taiwan police clearance. As long as everything is in order, you’ll be fine! Police clearances are one of the requirements so they need it before issuing anything. 

Once you get it, submit it back to them ASAP.

• 2 months later...

Hi, thanks for your post. I just got my COC in the mail. Your post was very helpful, though I didn’t go to Camp Crane because I was pressed for time. 

I downloaded the SG police fingerprint form (which looks very archaic), and then printed out the email from SPF, then went to the nearest police station that had a fingerprinting system. At the time I was in Manila, so this was a station in Malate. I called their landline and asked about the availability of their fingerprint service and they replied that it’s available till 7 pm. 

I went there by pedicab (it was raining), we at first went to the wrong station and were redirected. It’s close to Harrison Plaza. The police were very professional. I made my request and they did the fingerprint service free of charge. I just had to wait till they finished doing the blotter for a detainee. I tried to offer something - maybe a little cash so they can buy snacks for their trouble - and they refused, saying it’s definitely not allowed. I was happy with the service. The cops were not potbellied couch potatoes. They looked fit (like they can actually chase suspects) and very polite and professional. They all looked tired as they had to round up “tambays” the whole day and just released them. The fingerprint officer in particular looked exhausted. These guys are truly the unsung heroes. 

Then I went to LBC and had the prints couriered to SPF. They replied after a week that the COC was approved. I breathed a sigh of relief. But after 20 days - still nothing. I called SPF’s landline and our usual friendly local replied. Spoke in fast clipped tones, s/he did give me the tracking number, as I was repeating it back s/he hung up. Tracking number showed that the COC was approved on 5 July then mailed on 11 July. It arrived at the Philippine processing centre on 14 July. And we just received it today, total 10 days transit. I suggest just having a friend to pick it up from SPF. I didn’t want to inconvenience anyone but if this document holds up important processes then maybe just need to “thicken” one’s face and ask. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.