Shala79

Status revoked but stayed 5 years now

67 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, Damara said:

Go apply for a restraining order.

It can cover you and your child. Its not "family court" where they dismissed your allegations. Its civil court. Once you get it family court will honor it and stop the visitation. 

We were in family court because we were forced to get a divorce even though we were never legally married. The judge wouldn't stop visitation and has recently removed the previous supervised visits. He will get alone time with her now and I'm so very worried. He cannot communicate in English and she has special needs,  he has never taken care of her.

44 minutes ago, Merrytooth said:

May I know which state you are in?

He is trying to make you look bad that you are a 'unfit mother' and it will be the child's best interest if he remains in US.

I'm in Oklahoma. Yes, I agree and thought he was trying to use our daughter as an anchor baby. My daughter had to undergo a forensic interview to prove my innocence. He has nothing on me. I have a clean background, disabled veteran, college degrees and a great state job. He's the one with all the issues, he owes his divorce attorney 50 thousand and hasn't paid, he's filed 40+ false police welfare checks, and 5 DHS (child welfare) reports. He is totally harassing me and my daughter. I just want him to leave us alone. He doesn't care about her at all.

Does anyone have any contacts with ICE or USCIS? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Shala79 said:

I'm in Oklahoma. Yes, I agree and thought he was trying to use our daughter as an anchor baby. My daughter had to undergo a forensic interview to prove my innocence. He has nothing on me. I have a clean background, disabled veteran, college degrees and a great state job. He's the one with all the issues, he owes his divorce attorney 50 thousand and hasn't paid, he's filed 40+ false police welfare checks, and 5 DHS (child welfare) reports. He is totally harassing me and my daughter. I just want him to leave us alone. He doesn't care about her at all.

Does anyone have any contacts with ICE or USCIS? 

It isn't really going to help to contact USCIS.  Spurned petitioners do it all the time.

You need a better lawyer to solve these custody issues.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

8 minutes ago, N-o-l-a said:

It isn't really going to help to contact USCIS.  Spurned petitioners do it all the time.

You need a better lawyer to solve these custody issues.

I have sole custody of my daughter, he just gets visits with her and that can't be stopped unless something severe on record takes place. I also have a really hood lawyer who is both family law and immigration law. I wish I knew if he was going to be deported.

He did admit to me by text that he married me for a green card.

39 minutes ago, Shala79 said:

We were in family court because we were forced to get a divorce even though we were never legally married. The judge wouldn't stop visitation and has recently removed the previous supervised visits. He will get alone time with her now and I'm so very worried. He cannot communicate in English and she has special needs,  he has never taken care of her.

Maybe you can play up the issue that he never takes care of your special needs child before, and you are uncomfortable to have unsupervised visits.

Other than that, contact your congressman, senator, even TV stations, on how he is 'allowed' to harass you, making 40+ false police welfare checks, and 5 DHS (child welfare) reports -> wasting public resources?

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

42 minutes ago, Merrytooth said:

Maybe you can play up the issue that he never takes care of your special needs child before, and you are uncomfortable to have unsupervised visits.

Other than that, contact your congressman, senator, even TV stations, on how he is 'allowed' to harass you, making 40+ false police welfare checks, and 5 DHS (child welfare) reports -> wasting public resources?

This is exactly what I am working on now. Thank you!

Filed: F-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
3 hours ago, Shala79 said:

I also have a really hood lawyer who is both family law and immigration law. I wish I knew if he was going to be deported.

He did admit to me by text that he married me for a green card.

But isn't your lawyer the one who can give you solid advice? 

image-2017-12-29 (1).jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You need a good family lawyer, not VJ advice about this guy making your life hell because it doesn't sound immigration related to me.....him being an ### has zero to do with his status. Never married legally (double proxy), guessing no custody order in place? The there is your answer, legally nothing is in place and he sees the child when you allow and is in contact with you two when you allow. Morally is it right, probably not, but I dont know the whole story either. I would get to filing for sole custody ASAP. Let the family courts put him in his place, and trust the Master hearing an immigration court will sort out his status stuff in time.

Edited by sparkles_

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

(STAND ALONE i-130/TERMINATION OF REMOVAL)

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

Engaged: Aug. 21, 2014

Married: Dec. 1, 2014

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

Filed stand alone i-130: January 2015 (VSC)

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

NOA1: Feb. 20, 2015.

Transfer to CSC to balance workloads: August 2015

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

Congressional Inquiry: Dec 8. 2015

***i-130 APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW: Dec. 21, 2015** :dancing:

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed AOS packet: March 16, 2016.

NOA1: March 21, 2016.

Biometrics: April 20, 2016.

RFE Initial evidence: April 21, 2016 for birth cert/translation and Q1/B1 i94s

RFE response received: May 10, 2016.

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status: Sept 2016- Case pending interview at local office.

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

HAPPY 2YR ANNIVERSARY TO US!!

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Waiting on interview at local office...... :clock:

Sent EAD renewal: Feb 10, 2016

EAD#2 NOA1: March 3, 2016

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED!!: interview on March 27, 2017

Text notification, new card being produced: March 29, 2017!!!

*~*~*~*818 DAYS TOTAL*~*~*~

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."

4 minutes ago, sparkles_ said:

You need a good family lawyer, not VJ advice about this guy making your life hell because it doesn't sound immigration related to me.....him being an ### has zero to do with his status. Never married legally (double proxy), guessing no custody order in place? The there is your answer, legally nothing is in place and he sees the child when you allow and is in contact with you two when you allow. Morally is it right, probably not, but I dont know the whole story either. I would get to filing for sole custody ASAP. Let the family courts put him in his place, and trust the Master hearing an immigration court will sort out his status stuff in time.

OP already stated she has sole custody of her child.

The Judge granted visitation rights to ex and  has recently removed the previous supervised visits, which is making her very nervous of her special needs child being alone with the ex.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Merrytooth said:

OP already stated she has sole custody of her child.

The Judge granted visitation rights to ex and  has recently removed the previous supervised visits, which is making her very nervous of her special needs child being alone with the ex.

My oversight, I didn't read anything except the very first posting. In that case, all OP can do is allow the child to visit and document any adverse changes that occur shortly after visits or since unsupervised visits began. Or else file a motion to have the supervision reinstated but I'm pretty sure something major has to occur for that to be granted again. If she knows his A number she can check his court status on the EOIR 800# as to what the outcome was and if he will be ordered removed.

Edited by sparkles_

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

(STAND ALONE i-130/TERMINATION OF REMOVAL)

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

Engaged: Aug. 21, 2014

Married: Dec. 1, 2014

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

Filed stand alone i-130: January 2015 (VSC)

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

NOA1: Feb. 20, 2015.

Transfer to CSC to balance workloads: August 2015

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

Congressional Inquiry: Dec 8. 2015

***i-130 APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW: Dec. 21, 2015** :dancing:

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed AOS packet: March 16, 2016.

NOA1: March 21, 2016.

Biometrics: April 20, 2016.

RFE Initial evidence: April 21, 2016 for birth cert/translation and Q1/B1 i94s

RFE response received: May 10, 2016.

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status: Sept 2016- Case pending interview at local office.

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

HAPPY 2YR ANNIVERSARY TO US!!

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Waiting on interview at local office...... :clock:

Sent EAD renewal: Feb 10, 2016

EAD#2 NOA1: March 3, 2016

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED!!: interview on March 27, 2017

Text notification, new card being produced: March 29, 2017!!!

*~*~*~*818 DAYS TOTAL*~*~*~

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~~~Closed for review~~~

***Thread back open; two derailing posts removed along with one post quoting.  Replies in this thread are to directly address the OP's situation without any extraneous commentary.  Failure to do so will result in appropriate action being taken.***

Edited by Ryan H

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

• Ryan H locked and unlocked this topic
Filed: Timeline
5 hours ago, Shala79 said:

You still have to go get a restraining order. If you need specific help send me a message.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Did he come here on a spousal visa? You said that your marriage isn’t valid so did you get it annulled? If you were never legally married or your marriage is annulled and he came here on a spousal visa then the basis for his immigration status no longer exist. Have you talked to your lawyer about this?

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Not really an Immigration issue, you have no say on that aspect and they are not going  to tell you what is happening, does not work that way. 

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

17 hours ago, Shala79 said:

I was told that I could get a restraining order for harassment, but he would still get visits with her and I'd have to pay for a professional person who supervises visitation. We did this before during our divorce and it was a few $100 each visit. The cost was split, but it's not something I can afford.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.