Shala79

Status revoked but stayed 5 years now

67 posts in this topic

I hired a law firm in 2011 to bring my husband to the U.S. He finally got here 484 days later and told me he just wanted a green card and left me and our infant daughter. I contacted USCIS, and pulled my sponsorship, they revoked his status to his initial application date. Decision could not be appealed letter said. He has stayed all this time (5 years now). Terrorising me and our 5 year old daughter. No one will help. We were never legally married, double proxy marriage service used invalidated our marriage because we didn't meet requirements. I have written USCIS, DOJ, ICE, and no help has been given. He had Master Calendar Hearing last week. Last hearing is in June. I wish so much to hear he is going to be deported. Please can anyone tell me anything? Does anyone have any contacts with USCIS or ICE that can tell me anything? They won't speak to me. I am a disabled veteran, our daughter has autism. He is making our life unbearable every day. Please help.

He's going through immigration court now so action is actually being taken. That's probably why you didn't get anymore response or help from the immigration authorities.

As for him harassing you and your daughter, perhaps you could consider making a police report and file for a restraining order? Something more drastic would probably involve you moving yourself and your daughter so that he doesn't know your new location. Sorry you're going through this.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

The fast track to me sounds like getting a restraining order and calling the police any time he harasses you.  If he gets into police custody, he will likely go into deportation proceedings. 

3 hours ago, KULtoATL said:

He's going through immigration court now so action is actually being taken. That's probably why you didn't get anymore response or help from the immigration authorities.

As for him harassing you and your daughter, perhaps you could consider making a police report and file for a restraining order? Something more drastic would probably involve you moving yourself and your daughter so that he doesn't know your new location. Sorry you're going through this.

3 hours ago, KULtoATL said:

Thank you! I hope you are correct and that this nightmare is almost over. US IS granted him a temporary visa for a year now. If they're getting ready to deport him, why would they do this? Why waste the courts time and just grab him at this past hearing I wonder?

He has a court order for visitation with our daughter. He spends $ on her and keeps receipts,  shows her no love at all. I think he is trying to use her as an anchor baby. If I file police report or restraining order, he'll still get to see her but I won't be able to supervise it. This worries me. I need to keep her safe since he has threatened to take her and sell her into trafficking. 

3 minutes ago, Shala79 said:

Thank you! I hope you are correct and that this nightmare is almost over. US IS granted him a temporary visa for a year now. If they're getting ready to deport him, why would they do this? Why waste the courts time and just grab him at this past hearing I wonder?

He has a court order for visitation with our daughter. He spends $ on her and keeps receipts,  shows her no love at all. I think he is trying to use her as an anchor baby. If I file police report or restraining order, he'll still get to see her but I won't be able to supervise it. This worries me. I need to keep her safe since he has threatened to take her and sell her into trafficking. 

Report him and take him to family court.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

3 hours ago, bakphx1@aol.com said:

The fast track to me sounds like getting a restraining order and calling the police any time he harasses you.  If he gets into police custody, he will likely go into deportation proceedings. 

I want to do this, the police dept knows he is harassing me, but not enough is there to arrest him. He has filed false child welfare complaints on me. I have been proven innocent through our child having to undergo a forensic interview process that was very traumatic to her. He has sent the police to my home 40+ times for welfare checks in 4 months, the police notify him that nothing is wrong. He has threatened to hurt me and our daughter if he doesn't get his green card. He wants his American Dream. I have in a text message asking him why he threatened us so many times and he responded that I can't prove it. He doesn't deny it. 

4 minutes ago, KULtoATL said:

Report him and take him to family court.

I did take him to court and my testimony was dismissed as "heresay". He was granted visitation that I have supervised for 4 years now. Recently he took me back to court because it needed to be modified for her school schedule. The supervised visits will be removed soon. I am so scared. There is little I can do to try and stop it. He and I no longer can "fake" getting along for her sake. I've written letters to his judge with supporting documents, spoke with an immigration attorney who told me he will probably get a green card. I've filed 8 reports to ICE. If someone has their status permanently revoked, are they suppose to go home? Researching online, I find many say that he is in violation but police dept or sheriff dept do nothing.

What is your lawyer advising?

Also, some countries are not giving documents to their citizens, so it becomes impossible/hard to deport them - you could try to Google if that is common for his country...

Lawyer told me that he's going home and in deportation proceedings, a few weeks later, he told me he may get to stay but didn't furnish any information. He told me that Master Calendar hearings are not deportation hearings, but when I googled, i found that they are just that. I'm so confused and beat down. Lawyer says to give him a chance to take care of my daughter, but he doesn't care to learn and puts her in danger. I feel so defeated. 

He is from Kosovo, I'm not sure who to contact for that. Can you please recommend?

~~moved to effects of major family changes from IR1/CR1 process and procedures.  ~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

2 hours ago, Shala79 said:

Lawyer told me that he's going home and in deportation proceedings, a few weeks later, he told me he may get to stay but didn't furnish any information. He told me that Master Calendar hearings are not deportation hearings, but when I googled, i found that they are just that. I'm so confused and beat down. Lawyer says to give him a chance to take care of my daughter, but he doesn't care to learn and puts her in danger. I feel so defeated. 

He is from Kosovo, I'm not sure who to contact for that. Can you please recommend?

This letter was sent to me a few years ago.  This was the address I lived at when he arrived with his visa.  His green card was mailed, but it was intercepted by him and he produced it even though it had been revoked until the expired date on the card.  For a few years he had nothing, he was just undocumented and drove around without a license or insurance.  Then he hired an immigration attorney who got him a temporary visa and he began the 3 hearings to try and obtain a green card.  He has moved 5 times since this address on the letter (attached) but has never notified USCIS.  When I made an inquiry as to his status on the USCIS website, I updated the address online for him to his current address because I want to make sure if they are looking for him, they can find him.

Edited by Ryan H
Reason for edit: to remove attachment containing personal information.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
5 hours ago, Shala79 said:

If I file police report or restraining order, he'll still get to see her but I won't be able to supervise it. This worries me. I need to keep her safe since he has threatened to take her and sell her into trafficking. 

The visitation can take place at one of those official type places that supervise.  I'm surprised that comment wasn't enough for a civil protection order.

By the way, my ex-husband threatened the same thing.  It is just a tool used to intimidate you because he knows you fear it more than him simply running off with her.  Still, take no chances.  I assume you've already entered her passport details into the government registry of children who are vulnerable to be kidnapped?    https://travel.state.gov/content/childabduction/en/preventing.html

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

1 hour ago, N-o-l-a said:

The visitation can take place at one of those official type places that supervise.  I'm surprised that comment wasn't enough for a civil protection order.

By the way, my ex-husband threatened the same thing.  It is just a tool used to intimidate you because he knows you fear it more than him simply running off with her.  Still, take no chances.  I assume you've already entered her passport details into the government registry of children who are vulnerable to be kidnapped?    https://travel.state.gov/content/childabduction/en/preventing.html

The judge dismissed it as heresy. A "what if" scenario doesn't mean it will happen they said and dismissed it. 

As for her passport, I did one better and blocked the capability of her getting one until I remove the restrictions. He wouldn't go the passport way of getting her out of the country. He's said he would put her in a shipping container and if she survived he'd sell her. He's a monster.

May I know which state you are in?

He is trying to make you look bad that you are a 'unfit mother' and it will be the child's best interest if he remains in US.

7 hours ago, Shala79 said:

I want to do this, the police dept knows he is harassing me, but not enough is there to arrest him. He has filed false child welfare complaints on me. I have been proven innocent through our child having to undergo a forensic interview process that was very traumatic to her. He has sent the police to my home 40+ times for welfare checks in 4 months, the police notify him that nothing is wrong. He has threatened to hurt me and our daughter if he doesn't get his green card. He wants his American Dream. I have in a text message asking him why he threatened us so many times and he responded that I can't prove it. He doesn't deny it. 

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.