bad4tatt

Waiting for AOS interview?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thought this my help answer some questions as to why interviews are taking so long and seem chaotic for Atlanta. I just found out that some people that were supposed to be interviewed in Montgomery (some counties in GA and FLA as well as the whole state of AL which would have taken wait time off Atlanta) are being sent to Atlanta. My husband was waiting to hear about why he heard no news on his I-130 (been over 6 months).  He was told this afternoon by USCIS that his I-130 has been put together with my I-485 and is waiting for interview to come available but in Atlanta not Montgomery as originally planned. I do know that my I-485 has been in the pipeline waiting for an interview slot to become available since September 1 2017.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi there,

I'm waiting for my interview since June 17, and we are already almost in November.

I'm kinda started being afraid about my Medical Exams, and other documents could be expired at the time the interview will be scheduled.

I sent an inquiry to USCIS at the end of August, and finally I knew that my case was transferred to the Miami Field Office, and they will schedule the interview.

USCIS field office here in Miami, is totally uncontactable, the only way is requesting an appointment through InfoPass, but they are scheduling almos with the same timeline of the AOS process.

So, is the same go through InfoPass or just keep waiting for the interview. 

Even the status of my i-485 in the USCIS official website at the dedicated page  CASE STATUS ONLINE still shows FINGERPRINTS FEE WAS RECEIVED. (on last January 30, 2017)

The AVG processing time ( Estimated and calculated by VJ)

AOS Office Total 
Records
Avg. Total
Days to Interview
Avg. Days 
to 1st NOA
Avg. Days 
btw 1st NOA
Biometrics
Avg. Days 
btw Biometrics and Interview
(if interview required)
Avg. Days 
btw Biometrics
and Decision Date
Avg. Days 
btw Decision Date
and Receiving Green Card

Miami FL 2 296 26 29 242 242 11

USCIS official Processing Time

Field Office Processing Dates for Miami FL as of: July 31, 2017
Form Form Name Processing Cases As Of Date:
I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status November 9, 2016
N-400 Application for Naturalization July 11, 2016
N-600 Application for Certification of Citizenship November 27, 2016

• 1 year later...
Timeline

Hello Miami44, and all of you guys, happy new year by the way...

Nope! No signal of being alive from Local USCIS.

Considering that my receipt date for I-485 is  January 30, 2017, its status is still PENDING and the note on the status is still  "we accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. I have already sent an inquiry asking what is going on, and why is taking so long. I have not received even an RFE from them. total silent since the beginning.

Interview? also i think is so ridiculous they still think its a must for everybody. I'm living together with my actual husband since 2008, and we got married in 2015. Our marriage is registered as has value also in EU where we attend a second marriage ceremony because not all relatives, and friends were able to attend the one we had in Miami, considering distance and  cost. So if any could come out during the interview and they fund enough reason to denied the adjustment what happen? Has US the faculty power and right to tell or decide with who, how, and if to get married to the citizens? Why all this process of certification verification and  control is not realized before de marriage? Let say during within, or before the  marriage license  exp. Like this provably all this enchilada could make sense, after marriage is done, we become direct relative so should be out of US power saiy even a word.

Anyway, this is the miami office situation, i should at this point get some news soon. Interview appointment, or green card already in mail box like already happen to other folks.

Estimated time range
Receipt date for a case inquiry
8 Months to 20.5 Months    Employment-based adjustment applications    May 06, 2017
11.5 Months to 23 Months    Family-based adjustment applications    February 20, 2017

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
On 1/9/2019 at 10:59 AM, MIAMIL305 said:

Hello Miami44, and all of you guys, happy new year by the way...

Nope! No signal of being alive from Local USCIS.

Considering that my receipt date for I-485 is  January 30, 2017, its status is still PENDING and the note on the status is still  "we accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. I have already sent an inquiry asking what is going on, and why is taking so long. I have not received even an RFE from them. total silent since the beginning.

Interview? also i think is so ridiculous they still think its a must for everybody. I'm living together with my actual husband since 2008, and we got married in 2015. Our marriage is registered as has value also in EU where we attend a second marriage ceremony because not all relatives, and friends were able to attend the one we had in Miami, considering distance and  cost. So if any could come out during the interview and they fund enough reason to denied the adjustment what happen? Has US the faculty power and right to tell or decide with who, how, and if to get married to the citizens? Why all this process of certification verification and  control is not realized before de marriage? Let say during within, or before the  marriage license  exp. Like this provably all this enchilada could make sense, after marriage is done, we become direct relative so should be out of US power saiy even a word.

Anyway, this is the miami office situation, i should at this point get some news soon. Interview appointment, or green card already in mail box like already happen to other folks.

Estimated time range
Receipt date for a case inquiry
8 Months to 20.5 Months    Employment-based adjustment applications    May 06, 2017
11.5 Months to 23 Months    Family-based adjustment applications    February 20, 2017

Happy New year to you too. Oh God. We've been together since 2017 October and have our marriage registered in AIRE as well

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Oh boy, I just came across this post and some other related topics from South FL filers. 
I'm in Miami as well. Not very reassuring to read about applicants who have been waiting for an interview since early/mid-2017 😅
My NOA1 date is August 6th 2018. Looks like I'm in for a much longer wait than expected 🙄

Edited by JMK_IT

Facebook group: K-1 Visa Italia 

April 10 2018 US ENTRY (K-1 Visa) 

August 27 2019 GREEN CARD ISSUED

June 05-2021 ROC SE NT 

Timeline

Naaaa so jealous!!! at the end you guys going to have the interview before!...  I'm kidding!  I'm happy for you guys, and also to see that this big, fat, mastodon is moving.

Are you perhaps looking for a roommate? I should move out from Miami, because the local office is the problem.

Enhorabuena!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
12 hours ago, MIAMIL305 said:

Naaaa so jealous!!! at the end you guys going to have the interview before!...  I'm kidding!  I'm happy for you guys, and also to see that this big, fat, mastodon is moving.

Are you perhaps looking for a roommate? I should move out from Miami, because the local office is the problem.

Enhorabuena!

Haha. Thanks a lot. You’ll be getting yours soon too. We haven’t received ap or work permit yet though

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 2/5/2019 at 11:45 AM, miami44 said:

Haha. Thanks a lot. You’ll be getting yours soon too. We haven’t received ap or work permit yet though

finally got the Letter from USCIS with the interview schedule at the end of March 2019.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.