Brown7508

Just beginning

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello all, newbie here... So after about 6 months of video chats and voice calls, I finally met the man of my dreams. Yet we spent such short time together, i feel like ive known him a lifetime. During my visit he proposed day 7... I am so anxious to have him by my side (if i could've packed him in my suitcase and brought him back i would've done so lol). He currently resides in Ghana. I want to begin the preparation for k1 visa. Just curious, from what i been hearing from others is that Ghana visas are almost always denied. Is this true? Is there any particular forums here that focus more on Ghanaians and obtaining visas? And just for clarification...  For k1 visa packet i need to include the following with the petition form: proof of intent to marry (from both of us), passport photos, copy of my passport (for proof of citizenship), evidence of our meeting one another (pictures, boarding passes, all receipts), is it necessary to add chat and call logs? Did i miss anything? All advice, tips, and help is appreciated. Thank you in advance. *I'm sure i will have more questions arise as we continue this journey

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Brown7508 said:

Hello all, newbie here... So after about 6 months of video chats and voice calls, I finally met the man of my dreams. Yet we spent such short time together, i feel like ive known him a lifetime. During my visit he proposed day 7... I am so anxious to have him by my side (if i could've packed him in my suitcase and brought him back i would've done so lol). He currently resides in Ghana. I want to begin the preparation for k1 visa. Just curious, from what i been hearing from others is that Ghana visas are almost always denied. Is this true? Is there any particular forums here that focus more on Ghanaians and obtaining visas? And just for clarification...  For k1 visa packet i need to include the following with the petition form: proof of intent to marry (from both of us), passport photos, copy of my passport (for proof of citizenship), evidence of our meeting one another (pictures, boarding passes, all receipts), is it necessary to add chat and call logs? Did i miss anything? All advice, tips, and help is appreciated. Thank you in advance. *I'm sure i will have more questions arise as we continue this journey

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/89-africa-sub-saharan/

Welcome aboard. Try the link above.

Steven

You'll need more face time. His local embassy is tough and Ghana is considered a high fraud country. So really, having only known each other 6 months, met once and he proposed by day 7, the success rate of him being granted a visa is low.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

As @KULtoATL stated, you will need more face time. Ghana is by far one of the hardest embassies to obtain a visa from. How long were you there visiting? The proposal on the first trip on day 7 isn't going to work in your favor. That screams red flag to me, so you can imagine a CO that's already looking for a reason to deny you. This is an embassy that you really need to front load your petition. Lots of proof of relationship, time spent, phone and video calls, photos, photos of you with family, hotel and ticket stubs. Anything and everything. If I were you though, I'd seriously rethink filing the k1 just yet. Go visit some more.  

<3  Our K-1 Visa Journey <3

I-129f sent -- 2-18-2016        

NOA1 -- 2-24-2016

NOA2 -- 05-02-2016

NVC received -- 05-13-2016

NVC left -- 05-18-2016

Embassy received -- 5-22-2016

Interview Date -- 8-31-2016

Interview Result -- APPROVED!!!

AP -- (09-07-2016)

Visa Issued -- 9-08-2016

US Entry -- 09-24-2016

<3 MARRIAGE -- 10-21-2016 <3

AOS, EAD, AND AP Filed 01-05-2017

NOA1 -- 01-19-2017

Biometrics -- 02-06-2017

EAD and AP approved -- 05-19-2017

AOS approved -- 08-24-2017

Received card -- 09-01-2017

❤ Baby boy is here!! December 26th 2017 ❤

Timeline

Yes Ghana is difficult but it doesnt mean people dont get visas.i know some one who visited  for just five days,filled k-1 n he was given the visa.dont always judge from one angle.good luck

32 minutes ago, elloyin said:

Yes Ghana is difficult but it doesnt mean people dont get visas.i know some one who visited  for just five days,filled k-1 n he was given the visa.dont always judge from one angle.good luck

I'm going to challenge that logic.

It is best to be prepared from all sides especially from arguably one of, if not THE, toughest embassies for immigration. The OP is already looking at it from one angle, which is he has met the requirements to apply for the K1... so what can go wrong, right? He may not have known that Ghana denies K1s at a high rate and is considered a high fraud country.

OP,

Use the link @LabOz gave you and read up on experiences fellow applicants from Ghana. You will see how many have prepared their cases with sufficient evidence what they did to overcome red flags. Many have decided to make more facetime.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline
13 hours ago, KULtoATL said:

You'll need more face time. His local embassy is tough and Ghana is considered a high fraud country. So really, having only known each other 6 months, met once and he proposed by day 7, the success rate of him being granted a visa is low.

13 hours ago, LabOz said:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/89-africa-sub-saharan/

Welcome aboard. Try the link above.

Steven

Thank you very much... I will visit the link

Timeline
13 hours ago, KULtoATL said:

Im considering another visit 2018 before filing. Thank u for replying

Timeline
12 hours ago, Meg&Andrew said:

As @KULtoATL stated, you will need more face time. Ghana is by far one of the hardest embassies to obtain a visa from. How long were you there visiting? The proposal on the first trip on day 7 isn't going to work in your favor. That screams red flag to me, so you can imagine a CO that's already looking for a reason to deny you. This is an embassy that you really need to front load your petition. Lots of proof of relationship, time spent, phone and video calls, photos, photos of you with family, hotel and ticket stubs. Anything and everything. If I were you though, I'd seriously rethink filing the k1 just yet. Go visit some more.  

Ok thank you... Im considering visiting again before filing

7 hours ago, elloyin said:

Thank u

8 minutes ago, Brown7508 said:

Im considering another visit 2018 before filing. Thank u for replying

That's great :) Btw, you can always meet outside of Ghana, in a third country so to speak, for a change of scenery. As always, keep all documentary evidences. They'll come in handy when you're ready to file your petition. Good luck!

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Timeline
7 hours ago, NuestraUnion said:

I'm going to challenge that logic.

It is best to be prepared from all sides especially from arguably one of, if not THE, toughest embassies for immigration. The OP is already looking at it from one angle, which is he has met the requirements to apply for the K1... so what can go wrong, right? He may not have known that Ghana denies K1s at a high rate and is considered a high fraud country.

OP,

Use the link @LabOz gave you and read up on experiences fellow applicants from Ghana. You will see how many have prepared their cases with sufficient evidence what they did to overcome red flags. Many have decided to make more facetime.

Thank u very much...

8 hours ago, elloyin said:

You miss the point.  In truly trying to help the OP, we suggest that they be prepared for the questions and not be surprised by them.  Yes, it is possible that everything will go fine.  It is probable that the CO in a high fraud country will need some very good and compelling proof of a real relationship.  No one said it was impossible.  We are saying that they both need to be well prepared for the questions that will be asked.  It is a difficult embassy so be prepared for that.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

I would suggest more visits and trips together...spending time with each other is the best proof in my opinion. :) 

-=ROC & Naturalization Timeline=-

January 25, 2021 - ROC application received

January 22, 2022 - Case transferred

January 16, 2022 - Naturalization application received

April 7, 2023 - ROC and Naturalization Interview

April 20, 2023 - Oath Ceremony scheduled

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.