natsusnowy1204

Can I leave USA while Advance Parole is processing

26 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

I'm using k1 visa to come here , Can I leave USA while Advance Parole is processing , but after bio fingerprints ? And let my husband to send to me later after processed ?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, natsusnowy1204 said:

I'm using k1 visa to come here , Can I leave USA while Advance Parole is processing , but after bio fingerprints ? And let my husband to send to me later after processed ?

You can. You are a free person. But expect not not being admitted when you want to come back, your travelling record will show you left before AP was received

4 minutes ago, natsusnowy1204 said:

As said before you can leave whenever you want. But the processing time for AP is 4 months right now. So do you plan on being out of the country a long time? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
1 minute ago, cyberfx1024 said:

As said before you can leave whenever you want. But the processing time for AP is 4 months right now. So do you plan on being out of the country a long time? 

Im planning  back to china to host wedding only 

3 minutes ago, natsusnowy1204 said:

You can always go but getting back is the hard part. Why not just wait until you at least have the AP? 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

OP, how long ago did you apply? Better to wait untill it's processed. Leaving without AP is basically throwing away all the time, effort and money you've put in the K-1.

image-2017-12-29 (1).jpg

10 minutes ago, natsusnowy1204 said:

USCIS won't care about your plan, not unless it's life and death. You might have to prepare yourself for a short wedding postponement until you get your AP. Leaving without an AP is a bad idea and it will jeopardize your pending AOS. After all the hard work to get a K-1, don't flush it all down the drain.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

13 minutes ago, Beachlover said:

OP, how long ago did you apply? Better to wait untill it's processed. Leaving without AP is basically throwing away all the time, effort and money you've put in the K-1.

They literally applied on the 26th of last month according to their timeline. So that basically means about 3 1/2 months before they will get AP at the very least. 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
20 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

They literally applied on the 26th of last month according to their timeline. So that basically means about 3 1/2 months before they will get AP at the very least. 

I didn't check the timeline, thanks for pointing that out  :-) . So yeah, that means: have a little bit more patience or start from point 0.

image-2017-12-29 (1).jpg

23 hours ago, natsusnowy1204 said:

Why don't you try an infopass appointment? There are many cases where the advance parole can be expedited (usually because of health issues or death) but if it's so important to you, give it a try, I saw that it's a family wedding right? take the invitation with you and everything that could possibly give you a chance of expediting and go to the office, I think it doesn't hurt to try.

Good luck! 

02/14/2012 - Meet in person for the first time after talking online for over a year! :wub:

04/11/2012 - His first Visit to Brazil!!! (He was there twice).

09/12/2012 - Trip together to Cancun.

09/18/2012 - My First arrival/visit to United States (I visited about 4 to 6 times until my last arrival)

09/27/2016 - Last Arrival on B1/B2 Visa

02/01/2017 - MARRIED!!!

05/28/2017 - Package Sent

05/30/2017 - Package delivered 

06/09/2017 - Package returned (outdated I-130)

06/12/2017 - New package sent

06/14/2017 - New Package delivered

06/20/2017 - Check cashed

06/21/2017 - e-mails and texts received

06/24/2017 - Notice of action (Acceptance letter) received in the mail.

06/30/2017 - Biometrics appointment received in mail.

07/03/2017 - Biometrics done! (it was a successful walk in, my appointment was 07/10)

09/02/2017 - Service Request for EAD.

09/25/2017 - Call to tier 2 after no update on SR.

09/25/2017 - New Card Is Being Produced!!! (YAY)

09/30/2017 - EAD in hands!!!

04/08/2018 - Online Status Changed! - Interview Scheduled!!!

04/11/2018 - Inteview letter on the mail!

05/11/2018 - Interview at West Palm Beach field Office - Approved on spot!!!

1 hour ago, GabiMatch said:

Why don't you try an infopass appointment? There are many cases where the advance parole can be expedited (usually because of health issues or death) but if it's so important to you, give it a try, I saw that it's a family wedding right? take the invitation with you and everything that could possibly give you a chance of expediting and go to the office, I think it doesn't hurt to try.

Good luck! 

I'm all for the "try and see" approach but it is also a touchy area. I totally support that approach for pregnancies and such, even though we all know it is not considered a reason to expedite. The miracle of birth is amazing to me. But parties, birthdays, and celebrations are another thing. If too many people are just giving it a try without a reason outline but the Embassy (emergencies, death, etc), then you will see them being bombarded with less than important requests. Just in the last few months we have seen the processing times for K1s increase. What used to take 4 - 6 months are now 7 - 9.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.