Meils

K-1 interview approved, can I relax?

19 posts in this topic

Hello all, 

Ii had my K-1 interview today at the US embassy in London and I was approved which is awrsome! However being me and a tendency to worry my head off about these things, I checked my case status online just now and it still said 'Ready'. What I'm curious to know is, now they said my visa is approved at interview, does this mean i will definitely get my visa in the next 2 weeks, as specified. Basically is saying that I am approved at the interview the last word? Can I chill out now? 

Any advice would be much appreciated :)

thanks! 

Amelia 

2 minutes ago, Gro said:

I should add though that most people don't "chill out" until they have the actual visa in hand. Anything can still happen after the visa issuance, like it gets lost in the mail, it has the wrong info on it etc. But at least it's issued by then, so that's always something.

Congratulation man , i just got the NOA1 i got a long way to go :/

Also, Michael thanks that's actually a relief to know what your status is. Absolutely best of luck with the next week or so! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello friends, i have enrolled my visa application online and i paid my K1 visa fees today. I don't have any date for my interview yet . Please does any body have any idea what i should do...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, charly101 said:

Hello friends, i have enrolled my visa application online and i paid my K1 visa fees today. I don't have any date for my interview yet . Please does any body have any idea what i should do...

just wait. It's been almost 2 weeks since I paid my visa fee but still no dates at the Embassy in Moscow (but we do have a complicated situation with thw staff now). You may call your embassy to try to ask when they have the openings. But for now it's just waiting. Good luck!

11 hours ago, Meils said:

Hello all, 

Ii had my K-1 interview today at the US embassy in London and I was approved which is awrsome! However being me and a tendency to worry my head off about these things, I checked my case status online just now and it still said 'Ready'. What I'm curious to know is, now they said my visa is approved at interview, does this mean i will definitely get my visa in the next 2 weeks, as specified. Basically is saying that I am approved at the interview the last word? Can I chill out now? 

Any advice would be much appreciated :)

thanks! 

Amelia 

As far as I am aware, after you have been approved at interview there is still a little bit of admin work that needs to be done on your case before the visa is issued. This is why the tracker will still read 'ready' for a little while. It varies from country to country also. So the fact that Michael above ^ was approved in September and still has 'ready' showing on the case tracker doesnt really mean much for you. I believe in the UK the visa is normally issued quite quickly... providing you havent hidden anything that they would uncover during that admin processing lol! (im sure you havent).

So good luck, I hope its issued very soon. Im right here behind you (interview on 17th) :D

K1 Visa

Spoiler

Met: January 2014
Filed K1: April 2017
I-129F received: 4/10/17
I-129F NOA1: 4/13/17
I-129F NOA2: 8/19/17

NVC received our case: 9/01/17

NVC assigned a case number: 9/01/17

Case Ready: 9/08/17

Visa Medical: 9/21/17

Visa Interview - Approved: 10/17/17

P.O.E: 11/20/17

AOS

Spoiler

Filed AOS,AP,EAD: 02/16/18

Case received: 02/21/18

Case NOA1: 02/26/18

RFIE: 03/14/18 (birth cert translation Eng:Eng) 

Interview: 06/25/2018

Green card issued: 07/11/2018

EAD/AP received: 07/16/2018

Green Card received: 07/18/2018

ROC

Packet mailed: 04/14/20

Packet received/NOA date: 04/17/20
NOA and extension received: never received 

Non-delivery notice sent: 5/17/20

NOA re-mailed: 5/19/20

2nd NOA received: 5/23/20

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 hours ago, Marta Proniagina said:

just wait. It's been almost 2 weeks since I paid my visa fee but still no dates at the Embassy in Moscow (but we do have a complicated situation with thw staff now). You may call your embassy to try to ask when they have the openings. But for now it's just waiting. Good luck!

Thank you very much i really appreciate.  The reason i'm  worried is because my K1 will expire by November 12th and i'm hoping if i could get interview date before it expires.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, charly101 said:

Thank you very much i really appreciate.  The reason i'm  worried is because my K1 will expire by November 12th and i'm hoping if i could get interview date before it expires.

ohhhh, I see what kind of situation you're in. Then try to call the embassy and they may prolong your petition.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

ours said "ready to interview" long after he got his visa

he was in the US about 9 months when CEAC site finally updated to "issued"

Looks like the site depends on data entry people and how good they are

but congratulaions 

just wait till that visa is in hand to buy your ticket

Edited by adil-rafa
wrong spelling of data

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.