GermanCanadian89

Sent app in + deported

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just a quick question... I sent my application in, over night shippment, last week. I was cutting the deadline short.  My expiration date is the 16th of this month. Will I still be processed as deported on the 16th.

I'm really nervous.  We have a son. And we really can't afford me getting deported.

We fell in hard times and, it was extremely hard getting that extra 680$. That's why it took so long for us to do the application.  

If I call the uscis center, would they be able to give me a update? 

Edited by GermanCanadian89

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Since you are new at this . . . you should take a few hours and read many, many of the threads here.  You will find that most of your questions will be answered and, for those that are not, you will have better experience and info to ask more focused specific questions.  Best to you.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Time Line - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

10 YEAR GREEN CARD PROCESS

July 22, 2017  ROC packet sent to Vermont.

July 24, 2017  ROC packet signed for in Vermont.

August 8, 2017  NOA received at house.  15 days since ROC signed for in VSC.

August 12, 2017 ASC appointment received. 19 days since ROC in VSC.

August 25, 2017 BIO completed. 32 days since ROC received in VSC.

August 11, 2018  18 month 'Courtesy Copy' extension letter received.  Critical number  297

October 20, 2018 18 month 'Official' extension letter received.  Critical number 297

December 4, 2018  USCIS Account shows: We approved your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, 

December 4, 2018, ordered your new card for Receipt # EAC17297003XX, and will mail to the address you gave.

491 days from NOA issued by VSC until Petition approved.

December 7, 2018 USCIS sent notice:  Card mailed.

December 12, 2018 Ten year Green Card received from Lees Summit, MO

499 days from NOA issued by VSC until Green Card received.

- - - - - - - - - - 

CITIZENSHIP PROCESS

December 6, 2018 submitted N-400 application on-line.  Estimated Completion Time: 8 months or August 2019.

December 8, 2018 received notice on USCIS that Biometrics scheduled . . . but the actual date was not yet shown.

December 11, 2018 saw in 'Documents' section of USCIS that Bio scheduled for 24 December 2018.

December 21, 2018 saw on USCIS website that they will be closed 24 December 2018 as extra holiday.

January 9, 2019 went for re-scheduled BIO appointment.  33 days after N-400 submitted on-line.

February 19, 2019 received letter in US mail that Citizenship interview scheduled for 26 March 2019. 74 days after submission on-line.

March 26, 2019 Citizenship interview scheduled for.  109 days after N-400 submitted on-line.

March 26, 2019 Passed Citizenship interview.

April 12, 2019  Received notice that Oath Ceremony had been scheduled for 24 April 2019.  17 days after interview.

April 24, 2019  Oath Ceremony completed.  29 days after interview.     139 days after N-400 submitted on-line.

April 25, 2019  USA Passport Application submitted.

May 3, 2019     USA Passport received.    149 days after N-400 submitted on-line.

May 9, 2019     Certificate of Naturalization and Citizenship returned in mail.

Yes, no, maybe

CR1 / DCF (London): 2012 / 2013 (4 months from I-130 petition to visa in hand)

I-751 #1- April 2015 [Denied]

April 2015 : I-751 Joint filing package sent fedex next day 09:00am from UK ($lots - thanks). 
Jan 2017: Notification that an interview has been scheduled at a local office. Bizarrely still no RFE... 
Jan 2017: 2hr wait, then interview terminated before it began, due to moving my ID to another state 2 wks prior. New interview 'in a few months...maybe.'   Informed them that divorce proceedings are underway, but not finalised at this time. 
March 2017: An Interview was scheduled - marked as no-show as they didn't actually send out a notification of interview. FML 
April  2017: Filed an official complaint with the ombudsman, and have requested Senator & Congressman assistance
August 2017: Interview - switched to a (finalised) divorce waiver. Told that decision will be made that afternoon, but no problems foreseen with my case. 
October 2017: Letter of Denial received - reason given as 'I-751 petition was not properly filed'. Discovered ex-spouse made false allegations to USCIS in 2015. No opportunity given to review & refute allegations  - contrary to USCIS policy.

I-751 #2 - Oct 2017 - Mar 2021[Denied] 

October 2017: Within 72hrs of receiving denial notice, a new waiver I-751, divorce decree & $680 cheque, sent to Vermont via FedEx overnight 9am priority.  
Dec 2019: Filed FOIA request for full A# file
Feb 2020: FOIA request completed - entire A# file received as a .PDF; 197 pages fully redacted, and 80 partially redacted. Don't waste your time!
March 2021: I-751 #2 denied for lack of evidence. No RFE, no interview, and evidence in previous I-751 not reviewed - contrary to policy. Huge errors in adjudication.

N-400 - Feb 2018 - Apr 2021 [Denied]

February 2018: N-400 filed online.  $725 paid to the USCIS paperwork wastage fund

February  2019: Interview - cancelled after a four hour wait due to 'missing paperwork' on their end. Promised Expedited reschedule.

March 2021: Interview letter received, strangely dated after I-751 denial. No I-751 interview conducted. N-400 interview and test passed, given 'cannot make a decision at this time' paper due to the ongoing I-751 nightmare...

April 2021: N-400 denial received citing recent I-751 denial as basis for ineligibility, even though it should have been a combo interview 🤯

I AM JACK'S COMPLETE LACK OF SURPRISE

I-751 Service Motion - March 2021 [Sent via FedEx & COMPLETELY IGNORED by USCIS]

March 2021: Service Motion request sent overnight addressed direectly to field office director, requesting urgent review and re-opening, based on errors in adjudication - citing USCIS policy, AFM and memorandums as basis for errors. This was completely ignored by USCIS.

I-751 #3 - June 2021 - Jan 2024 [Denied]

IT'S GROUNDHOG DAY

June 2021: I-751 #3 (30+lbs/5000 pages of paperwork) & another $680 sent to USCIS via FedEx ($300+..thanks) .... 

June 2021: Receipt issued, card charged, biometrics waived, infopass scheduled for I-551 stamp number ten.....

Feb 2022: RFIE (no, not an RFE, a Request For Initial Evidence) received, for copies of the divorce paperwork that they already have 😑

July 2022: Infopass for I-551 stamp number eleven.....

August 2023: Infopass for I-551 stamp number twelve....

January 2024: Denial received, ignoring the overwhelming majority of the filing, abundance of evidence, and refutation of a provably false allegation. The denial also contradicts itself in multiple places, as if it was written by someone with an IQ <50.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

2024: FML. Seriously. I'm done. 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, geowrian said:

You mean the 16th of this month? You should be fine (so long as it is accepted / there's not a filing issue). USCIS goes by the date of filing, and grants a 1 year extension on the green card once filed. You may not get the letter as proof of this before the 16th, but it shouldn't impact your actual status.

Thanks. That's what I was thinking. It says within the 90 day window, which, technically, I am. 

I realize we should've planned better. But, that's really personal as to why we were late on getting this done.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

You should be fine, try not to worry.  There are definitely people who submit it like the day before or several days after (not advisable).  

It was delivered, right?  Has the check been cashed yet?

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline
1 hour ago, N-o-l-a said:

You should be fine, try not to worry.  There are definitely people who submit it like the day before or several days after (not advisable).  

It was delivered, right?  Has the check been cashed yet?

It has been delivered. It was in their po box the next day. I sent a money order.  I'll see if I can check if they cashed it. Thank you! :) that kinda makes me a little less worried. I would've put in that slip where they send you a text, to let you know they received it but, I forgot where I pulled that up. 

2 hours ago, GermanCanadian89 said:

It has been delivered. It was in their po box the next day. I sent a money order.  I'll see if I can check if they cashed it. Thank you! :) that kinda makes me a little less worried. I would've put in that slip where they send you a text, to let you know they received it but, I forgot where I pulled that up. 

Are you talking about the G-1145? That only works if you are sending a petition to a lockbox, not directly to a service center :P

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

i filed late mine expires November 4th and now im also filing due to financial problems and not being able to suddenly afford it i think aslong as it arrives before your card expires you should be fine right thats basically what everyone on here who helped me kept telling me as all i did was freak out officially filed now also 

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
15 hours ago, GermanCanadian89 said:

Just a quick question... I sent my application in, over night shippment, last week. I was cutting the deadline short.  My expiration date is the 16th of this month. Will I still be processed as deported on the 16th.

I'm really nervous.  We have a son. And we really can't afford me getting deported.

We fell in hard times and, it was extremely hard getting that extra 680$. That's why it took so long for us to do the application.  

If I call the uscis center, would they be able to give me a update? 

LOL no worries.  If it was delivered within the 90-day window you will be fine. 

HOWEVER:  If you call the USCIS center and (1) get an actual person and (2) that person knows anything at all of any value to you it will definitely be a post-worthy accomplishment.  Achieve that and we will petition the VJ congress to use your experience to create and post a guide.

Edited by Nitas_man

As long as they recieve it before the green card actually expires you are fine.  No worries!

Even filing late wouldn't necessarily get you deported.  You would have a court date with an immigration judge who would decide your fate based on evidence you provide. 

Since you say they've recieved the package before the card expires, you are fine!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
4 hours ago, lecilia said:

i filed late mine expires November 4th 

You didn't file yours late, you filed perfectly on time. You needn't file at 90 days before, just in the 90 day window.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

So. Just an update on my progress.

I received a NOA over the weekend. My husband and I signed the wrong spots.  He signed as the petitioner, which was my fault. I guess I confused myself because of when he petitioned for me to come over to the US. (Dummy me).

Anyway, mailed it back, it was received, today. Two days after my green card expired.  I hope all goes through well. I feel sick to my stomach. 

I do want to add that, when I mailed it off the first time, they literally started processing it like, a few days after.  I don't remeber the date that was stamped on my papers but, it was pretty close to the received date of the package. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.