2,704 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Buhr said:

Right? It feels like September has been dragging out for so long and I can't tell if it really has or if it's because of the anxiety of being next in line.

Looking back, September NOA2s started dripping in around the first of March, so it's only been 3 weeks, and we've seen our estimation dates move up considerably as well. The Berries did work their way through 120+ pages of posts over the course of March, maybe that makes it all feel slower somehow? :blink:

To keep things cheerful my financé and I placed bets for our NOA2 date during my last visit. Surprised to see we're still very optimistic! He's betting 177 days, I'm betting 184. Not a big difference, but whoever is closest is treated to a fancy NYC cocktail night. Still, would not be mad if he won :D

2 minutes ago, pizzaday said:

Looking back, September NOA2s started dripping in around the first of March, so it's only been 3 weeks, and we've seen our estimation dates move up considerably as well. The Berries did work their way through 120+ pages of posts over the course of March, maybe that makes it all feel slower somehow? :blink:

To keep things cheerful my financé and I placed bets for our NOA2 date during my last visit. Surprised to see we're still very optimistic! He's betting 177 days, I'm betting 184. Not a big difference, but whoever is closest is treated to a fancy NYC cocktail night. Still, would not be mad if he won :D

Yeah you win either way, right ;) 

h

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
28 minutes ago, pizzaday said:

My fiancé and I have done something similar. Betting when we will get approved and whoever wins gets taken out for dinner somewhere and a back massage after 😂 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
3 hours ago, pizzaday said:

I like the idea! :P

Edited by excited11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hello everyone! The waiting time is almost over now for all of us! Finally we won’t have to say goodbye to our loved ones anymore! I wish everyone all the best for your approvals and interview! Anyone will be living in Detroit after this? Maybe we can meet after everything is settled :) 

by the way I have a concern here about the affidavit of support. I know there are questions about this already. In my case, my fiancé (the petitioner) is not working as we’ve been backpacking and volunteering around the world most of the time. And as for me, I did have a job when we were living together in Malaysia but I had to quit as the company I was working for is facing a major problem and they had to close few of their gyms. My question is how are we going to file the affidavit of support as he’s not working in an office? He’s currently working as a freelancer so he do have some income. Should he go back to US and find a job in an office or is there anything else we can do? Sorry if this question has been asked before. 

Cheers everyone!

Edited by Seraphinek

@ChuAni @Christy&J How are you, guys? Just dropping by to cheer for you. October noa2s are right around the corner!:jest: I am so excited for both of you. Tag me with your approval posts, okay? :wub:

Packet Sent: August 23, 2017 

NOA1 Received Date: August 25, 2017 

NOA1 Notice Date: August 29, 2017

NOA2: March 1, 2018 (by calling Tier 2)

NOA 2 Notice Date: March 2, 2018 (according to the new USCIS website)

NOA2 Hard Copy: March 6, 2018 

NVC Received: March 16, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: March 23, 2018

In Transit: March 23, 2018

Status "Ready": March 27, 2018

Case Last Updated: April 2, 2018

Packet 3 Received: May 9, 2018

Interview: June 7, 2018

CEAC Status ISSUED: June 12, 2018

VOH: June 18, 2018

POE: July 5, 2018

7 minutes ago, NICK & PAULA said:

@ChuAni @Christy&J How are you, guys? Just dropping by to cheer for you. October noa2s are right around the corner!:jest: I am so excited for both of you. Tag me with your approval posts, okay? :wub:

Girl ! we are hanging here !!! I def will tag you when the time is coming, and we can do a feet dancing together lol.

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

- SMS with Case Nr. SRC  and Check cashed July 8, 2020 

- NOA received July 20,2020- NOA dated July 14,2020

-Fingersprinting applied notification - Aug 10,2020

- Card being produced - Nov 2, 2020

3 minutes ago, Christy&J said:

Girl ! we are hanging here !!! I def will tag you when the time is coming, and we can do a feet dancing together lol.

I can't wait for both of you to get approved! Most of our girls from August and September got their noa2 already. So you, @Naes and @ChuAni are next. Sooooo exciting! :jest:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, NICK & PAULA said:

Sweetie, we are right here getting ready for the kitchen dance. 💃🕴

Ooh! @Christy&J is coming up for a Lap Dance. What a Combo!!!🙆😱

@Naes's approval is on the way! Her lap dance is due!💪💪🎆🎇🥂

Just now, ChuAni said:

Sweetie, we are right here getting ready for the kitchen dance. 💃🕴

Ooh! @Christy&J is coming up for a Lap Dance. What a Combo!!!🙆😱

@Naes's approval is on the way! Her lap dance is due!💪💪🎆🎇🥂

What the??? A lap dance? hahahahaha! I almost fell off my chair. Bwahahaha! Oh, my. This sounds fun! Hurry up and get approved so we can raid your kitchen. Don't worry, I'm gonna bring my spicy adobo so we can have some lunch after the lap and kitchen dance. Hehehehehe!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
16 minutes ago, NICK & PAULA said:

What the??? A lap dance? hahahahaha! I almost fell off my chair. Bwahahaha! Oh, my. This sounds fun! Hurry up and get approved so we can raid your kitchen. Don't worry, I'm gonna bring my spicy adobo so we can have some lunch after the lap and kitchen dance. Hehehehehe!

😂😂😂😂Get off the chair, quick!

I hear spicy adobo!🥘😳😱

Please! Bring it on! Also, we will need Spirit-filled Drink for a maximum hangover.😰😜😉🤐😷

Edited by ChuAni

1 minute ago, ChuAni said:

😂😂😂😂Get off the chair, quick!

I hear spicy adobe!🥘😳😱

Please! Bring it on! Also, we will need Spirit-filled Drink for a maximum hangover.😰😜😉🤐😷

Yaasssss! I love this! I hope that the coming weeks will bring good news to all Octobabies especially you and @Christy&J! Wooohoooo! :jest:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

There's a new interface for the USCIS Processing Times!: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

On a sad note: Many timelines have gone up by a day :wacko:

tumblr_mvt3bpKsUQ1r02cm5o1_500.gif.904f0ac1441f847c175026508fe80090.gif

When you fall for someone with all your heart you just want to be together forever, right?

Our K1 Journey: 

Spoiler
K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Jamaica
I-129F Sent : 2017-10-02
I-129F NOA1 : 2017-10-05
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  
I-129F NOA2 : 2018-04-02
NVC Received : 2018-04-16
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2018-04-17
NVC Left : 2018-04-19
Consulate Received : 2018-04-20
Packet 3 Received : 2018-04-23
Packet 3 Sent : 2018-04-23
Packet 4 Received : 2018-04-25
Interview Date : 2018-05-11
Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2018-05-22
US Entry : 2018-06-02

Processing
Estimates/Stats :
Your I-129f was approved in 179 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 218 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

fTW6m5.pngJXILm5.pngPh69m5.pngMRhDm5.png

yQdym5.pngTwfwm5.pngESkzm5.png

What to do after NOA2:

Spoiler

After USCIS approves the petition, it is sent to the National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC will assign you a case number and send your petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where your fiancé(e) lives.

The NVC will mail/email you a letter when it sends your fiancé(e) case to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Once you receive this letter, inform your fiancé(e) to take the below-listed actions to apply for a K-1 visa and prepare for the interview. 

HTTP3d3dy5qZWxseW11ZmZpbi5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2lfbG92ZV95b3UvaW1hZ2VzLzAwMDAxY3V0ZWh1Zy5naWYlog.gif.38ae2915098c42b8ea1d9c13717a0cb8.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.