jonesbro

New Online Interview Scheduling System for Ghana

40 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Timam1 said:

Ok so what is your interview date? And Cc?

We won’t know until tomorrow when we pick up our packet and schedule the appointment.  I will post tomorrow.   I’m not sure I know what cc is.

On 10/17/2017 at 6:47 PM, dmh59 said:

We won’t know until tomorrow when we pick up our packet and schedule the appointment.

So, my brother and sister-in-law picked up a packet yesterday and it directed them to go to ustraveldocs, but the website is not actually set up to schedule immigrant visas. I went in through the non-immigrant visa side and found that there aren't any available interview dates anyway...I guess this process is about taking minuscule steps between long waits. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, jonesbro said:

So, my brother and sister-in-law picked up a packet yesterday and it directed them to go to ustraveldocs, but the website is not actually set up to schedule immigrant visas. I went in through the non-immigrant visa side and found that there aren't any available interview dates anyway...I guess this process is about taking minuscule steps between long waits.

No it IS up and running - we scheduled our appointment yesterday.   It's not very user friendly though.  Once you go in and you say yes this is ur first time here - go to login and from there you'll be able to register.    Have them try again.  Our interview is set for November 1st.

Timeline
Just now, dmh59 said:

No it IS up and running - we scheduled our appointment yesterday.   It's not very user friendly though.  Once you go in and you say yes this is ur first time here - go to login and from there you'll be able to register.    Have them try again.  Our interview is set for November 1st.

Just now, dmh59 said:

I will say there were a couple questions that I didn't know the answer to  like they ask about it your visa class a CR1 or IR1 - since we've been married 4 years I put IR1 the other question was visa priority - a regular or 221g - I put regular since I don't know what a 221g was but from there they'll give u a date.   If you need help - holler.

On Tuesday, October 17, 2017 at 11:43 PM, Timam1 said:

I wish you good luck and thanks for the feedback

ur welcome - anytime

Huh, my brother and I both tried. It asks if you are a first time visitor to the site, clicked yes. It asks if you want an immigrant visa or non-immigrant visa, clicked immigrant and it says "If you are immigrating to the United States, you need to have a petition approved by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). See the Immigrant Visa Information page for additional information. This process is handled separately by the Embassy."

34 minutes ago, dmh59 said:

Congratulations on your interview date btw!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, jonesbro said:

Huh, my brother and I both tried. It asks if you are a first time visitor to the site, clicked yes. It asks if you want an immigrant visa or non-immigrant visa, clicked immigrant and it says "If you are immigrating to the United States, you need to have a petition approved by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). See the Immigrant Visa Information page for additional information. This process is handled separately by the Embassy."

hit the immigrant visa info then up in the left hand corner it will say login in - hit that and u should b good to go from there

again it's not very user friendly

Edited by dmh59

Timeline
3 minutes ago, jonesbro said:

Congratulations on your interview date btw!

thank u - good luck to your brother as well

Huh, that's not very intuitive, but it did get me through to the place where you can schedule an appointment. We got there yesterday via a different route. Still showing that there are no dates available. I guess all of the November dates are taken. What time yesterday did you schedule your appointment?

Timeline
27 minutes ago, jonesbro said:

Huh, that's not very intuitive, but it did get me through to the place where you can schedule an appointment. We got there yesterday via a different route. Still showing that there are no dates available. I guess all of the November dates are taken. What time yesterday did you schedule your appointment?

we scheduled ours about 4pm USA eastern time there were 4 available spots on the 1st and there were 5 available spots on the 8th.

3 minutes ago, dmh59 said:

we scheduled ours about 4pm USA eastern time there were 4 available spots on the 1st and there were 5 available spots on the 8th.

Weird, we tried for the first time around 11am. Maybe since you are reaffirmed they gave you priority? You've been waiting ten times longer than we have, you deserve it

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.