Yaztalksalot

October 2017 AOS filers (merged)

2,792 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Yaztalksalot said:

Yeah it's really annoying being a 'resident' but not being a resident! But what ya gonna do, I thought this was gonna happen as NY state takes so long to process, just wanted to check in and see if anyone had heard anything! Good luck with your EAD :) 

I am still waiting as well from Washington DC local office. I am mentally preparing myself for EAD / AP renewal soon as well. 

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
4 minutes ago, doggieandsam said:

I am still waiting as well from Washington DC local office. I am mentally preparing myself for EAD / AP renewal soon as well. 

Ugh! It's so infuriating, I've got both my packets ready to send off next week, as that will be 180 days prior to my EAD/AP expiring - just holding out hope that they maybe get back to me in that week haha! But extremely doubtful! 

:wub: Immigration & Expat Blog Links :wub:

My Full K1 Fiance Visa Journey

January 2017 Filer

K1 Approved on the 30th of June 2017 (6.5 months in total, no RFEs).

AOS Journey 

October 2017 filer

EAD/AP Approved December 2017 (75 days, no RFEs)

AOS Approved 8/15 (no RFEs) 

Living in the US

Info on getting set up

wedding planning

homesickness & everyday life

Ugh! It's so infuriating, I've got both my packets ready to send off next week, as that will be 180 days prior to my EAD/AP expiring - just holding out hope that they maybe get back to me in that week haha! But extremely doubtful! 

I know! So frustrating because a lot of 2018 filers have already been interviewed at the DC office!!!

Once we send the renewal, don't we just need to get NOA for that and we are good? Or you mean we have to wait for a physical card again?

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

Timeline
13 hours ago, doggieandsam said:

I know! So frustrating because a lot of 2018 filers have already been interviewed at the DC office!!!

Once we send the renewal, don't we just need to get NOA for that and we are good? Or you mean we have to wait for a physical card again?

Providing you've applied for your renewal, your NOA2 for your original EAD, extends your authorization by 180 days if for some reason you've not received your new card by the time your existing one expires. But, yes you will get a new card as the AP isn't extended by the NOA2, so they will have to reissue a new combo card so that you're able to travel :) I'm hoping that I reapply and sometime in the next couple of months I get my GC interview, so there wont even be a need to send me a new card, just getting the application in to be on the safe side!!

January 2017 Filer

AOS Journey 

October 2017 filer

Living in the US

Info on getting set up

wedding planning

20 minutes ago, Yaztalksalot said:

Providing you've applied for your renewal, your NOA2 for your original EAD, extends your authorization by 180 days if for some reason you've not received your new card by the time your existing one expires. But, yes you will get a new card as the AP isn't extended by the NOA2, so they will have to reissue a new combo card so that you're able to travel :) I'm hoping that I reapply and sometime in the next couple of months I get my GC interview, so there wont even be a need to send me a new card, just getting the application in to be on the safe side!!

Do you need to pay the fees again? What are the required documents?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cuba
Timeline

Today I noticed that my receipt number for the I485 was disappeared from the Case Status and if I try to add it manually I get this error message :  You are attempting to add a receipt number that does not exist in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again.

#######???? I'm calling tomorrow morning.

1 hour ago, Yaztalksalot said:

ok thanks for explaining that!

your 

21 hours ago, Yaztalksalot said:

Yeah it's really annoying being a 'resident' but not being a resident! But what ya gonna do, I thought this was gonna happen as NY state takes so long to process, just wanted to check in and see if anyone had heard anything! Good luck with your EAD :) 

Is “Aos pending” good enough for immigration officials? Or they require underlying status? 

Timeline
27 minutes ago, SamSam85 said:

Is “Aos pending” good enough for immigration officials? Or they require underlying status? 

Well "AOS pending" is the short way of putting it, technically anyone adjusting from a K1 visa (fiance visa) who has their EAD, would be 'EAD holder under category C09', which means: An alien who is in the process of permanent residence and is adjusting status from nonimmigrant visa to immigrant (temporary to permanent). The only times I've been asked for my immigration status, was for work - and they had zero problems with that explanation and the EAD card itself, and the second for filing joint taxes with my husband, which in that situation you're classed as a resident despite not having the GC yet. Prior to having my EAD, I was never asked except for on the paperwork to actually file AOS at which point my I-94 was still valid so I put 'K1 Visa Holder'. 

Unfortunately I can't speak to the exact ins and outs for your situation as it's a different visa you're adjusting from, but that's just my experience as the spouse of a US citizen so far! Hope that helps :) 

8 hours ago, SamSam85 said:

Do you need to pay the fees again? What are the required documents?

You do not need to pay the fees again if your I-485 is still pending, you just need to include a copy of your NOA1 to confirm that fact. There's a really helpful thread on here that outlines all the necessary documents. Think it's the 3rd or 4th reply on the chain, there is a list of everything you need to send :)

January 2017 Filer

AOS Journey 

October 2017 filer

Living in the US

Info on getting set up

wedding planning

Well "AOS pending" is the short way of putting it, technically anyone adjusting from a K1 visa (fiance visa) who has their EAD, would be 'EAD holder under category C09', which means: An alien who is in the process of permanent residence and is adjusting status from nonimmigrant visa to immigrant (temporary to permanent). The only times I've been asked for my immigration status, was for work - and they had zero problems with that explanation and the EAD card itself, and the second for filing joint taxes with my husband, which in that situation you're classed as a resident despite not having the GC yet. Prior to having my EAD, I was never asked except for on the paperwork to actually file AOS at which point my I-94 was still valid so I put 'K1 Visa Holder'. 

Unfortunately I can't speak to the exact ins and outs for your situation as it's a different visa you're adjusting from, but that's just my experience as the spouse of a US citizen so far! Hope that helps :) 

You do not need to pay the fees again if your I-485 is still pending, you just need to include a copy of your NOA1 to confirm that fact. There's a really helpful thread on here that outlines all the necessary documents. Think it's the 3rd or 4th reply on the chain, there is a list of everything you need to send :)

Thank you for the link. Will look at ait and try to assemble an extension for i765 when the time comes.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline
On 16-6-2018 at 11:15 PM, Queen30 said:

Yes I did ... expires in January 

My Local office is Atlanta, GA

I'm a September filer (11 September) from K1, also in Atlanta. I am assuming you also have heard nothing about a possible interview? 

I have been looking at the processing times from others in this situation on this website, and they are between 280 and 300 days on average in the past 6 months from sending in to having the actual interview, but there is someone in there with 140 days (I am assuming they were able to pull some strings). My 300 days mark is coming up very soon. No letter for an interview yet, and no updates on the website either.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

It was really hard for me to wait for more than 7 months hearing nothing from USCIS. 

However, the situation has changed dramatically and I have received several email notifications since I got my first email alert on June 6th.

Yesterday, I got my interview notice with the date and place. 

My interview is about a month later, and I hope to come back to this conversation thread after that. 

Please refer to my timeline below. 

Good luck everyone! 

10/27/2017 AOS Packet (I-130, I-485, & I-765) mailed out (w/ a money order & official check instead of a regular check)

10/30/2017 Delivered to USCIS

10/31/2017 Received & Priority Date for all the three forms

11/07/2017 Notice Date (on the letter)

11/13/2017 I-797C NOA mail (3 separate notices)

11/17/2017 Biometrics NOA mail

11/09/2017 Notice Date (on the letter)

11/27/2017 Biometrics Appointment 

06/04/2018  EAD approved and being produced (No email alert)

06/06/2018 Case ready to schedule for an interview (Received email alert)

06/07/2018 EAD mailed to me

06/11/2018 Received EAD 

06/13/2018 Scheduled an interview / will mail you an interview notice

06/18/2018 Received the interview notice

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
7 hours ago, moosy said:

I'm a September filer (11 September) from K1, also in Atlanta. I am assuming you also have heard nothing about a possible interview? 

I have been looking at the processing times from others in this situation on this website, and they are between 280 and 300 days on average in the past 6 months from sending in to having the actual interview, but there is someone in there with 140 days (I am assuming they were able to pull some strings). My 300 days mark is coming up very soon. No letter for an interview yet, and no updates on the website either.

So sad , I’m at 8 months ( 243 days) Now Being a October Filer, no interview date as yet and no update either . 

Was hoping for a interview wavier but it’s over 6 months now, seems like thats out of the question now! 

Hopefully we hear something soon! 

Just dropping by to see if anyone in the NY area has received their interview? As of January 8th, my status has been "We are scheduling your interview" :/

K-1 Journey:

Feb 6, 2017   - Mail I-129F packet

Feb 13, 2017 - Package arrived in Dallas

Feb 16, 2017 - Check cashed

Feb 17, 2017 - Electronic NOA1

Feb 15, 2017 - NOA1 (Paper NOA1 date Feb 25)

May 17, 2017 - NOA2 (Paper NOA2 date May 20)

Jun 26 , 2017 - NVC Processing

Jul 26, 2017 - Visa Interview

Aug 24, 2017 - Together!

Sep 1, 2017 - City Hall nuptials

Sep 1, 2018 - Wedding

AOS:

Oct 27, 2017  - Mail AOS packet (I-485, AP, EAD)

Oct 30, 2017 - Package arrived in Chicago

Nov 8, 2017 - Electronic NOA

Nov 8, 2017 - Check cashed

Nov 13, 2017 - Paper NOA (all three)

Nov 18, 2017 - Biometrics Letter

Nov 29, 2017 - Biometrics Interview

Jan 12, 2018 - EAD/AP approval date

Jan 20, 2018 - NOA received, SSN received

Jan 23, 2018 - EAD/AP combo card received

July 17, 2018 - Sent EAD renewal package

July 23, 2018 - Electronic NOA 

May 7, 2019 - AOS Interview

June 13, 2019 - RFE (Medical Examination needed by civil surgeon)

July 13, 2019 - RFE Appointment in office

Removing Conditions:

May 17, 2021 - Date filed

May 27, 2021 - NOA received

Sept 10, 2021 - Biometrics not needed NOA

Oct 19, 2021 - 24 month extension (from original date)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.