dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview November 2017

501 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline
3 hours ago, cleon86 said:

Hey, I don't think it'll be a problem. Just right now, get a scan of your mom's passport plus the document where they got the name wrong and email it to the NVC, let them know "they" misspelled the name. They did the same with my father's name and I'm the beneficiary.  I emailed a scan of the passport and explained what's up. They corrected it within 5 days and said sorry lol. 

Seriously, email the scan and make a copy to take to the interview. If asked, let them know it wasn't your mistake. It was  how it got into their system.

Best of luck!

On 10/1/2017 at 10:33 AM, Iffat Nizu said:

Finally, Got the interview date!

CC: August 16

Interview Date: November 1st

Dhaka Embassy, Bangladesh

Congratulations dear.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My wife had her interview this morning in Frankfurt and was approved.  CEAC process is truly a blessing.  Everything was electronic, they didn't ask to verify anything except for her passport.  Port of entry will be the same, she only received a CD from her medical exam to hand to the border patrol officers.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
26 minutes ago, skarim6 said:

How many times should someone send an email to the Embassy reviewing your case? They are unresponsive to questions, yet they send letters about documents that are needed. I am sending an email per day. They refuse to take phone calls. I hate this process the most. 

Your best option is for you to call 

Edited by Sammy009

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Almost there! Thanks be to God!

Case Complete: September 1, 2017

Interview Date: November 22, 2017

Lagos Nigeria

CR-1 Visa

Married in Akure, Ondo State, Nigeria on 29 September 2016 - Civil Marriage
** USCIS **

Service Center: Potomac

Consulate : Lagos, Nigeria 

I-130 Sent: 2016-12-03

I-130 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox: 2016-12-05

I-130 NOA1: 2016-12-08

Oko mi was baptized, confirmed, and received into the Catholic Church in Akure, Nigeria: 2017-04-15 at the Easter Vigil Mass!

Marriage Convalidated in the Catholic Church, Akure, Nigeria: 2017-04-16 Easter Morning! 

I-130 Approved : 2017-05-19

** NVC **

NVC Received : 2017-06-01

NVC Case Number Assigned: 2017-06-15
Received DS-261/AOS Bill: 2017-06-21

Pay AOS Bill: 2017-06-21
Receive IV Bill : 2017-06-23
Pay IV Bill : 2017-06-23

Receive I-864 Package : 2017-06-28

Send AOS Package : 2017-07-01

Submit DS-261 :  2017-06-21

Send IV Package : 2017-07-01
Scan Date: 2017-07-07

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : 2017-09-30

Case Completed at NVC : 2017-09-01

----------------------------

Interview Date : 2017-11-22

Interview Result : Approved! Thanks be to God!

Visa Received : 2017-11-27
US Entry : 2017-12-08 Atlanta

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I wish everyone the best of luck but my heart is heavy right now. I really can't believe this process. We submit all the necessary documents, wait almost a year then get the approval, wait some more, then get an interview and now wait Lord knows how long. This process is so stressful and honestly seems racist. Why is it that the Arabic spouses and family members have to wait longer because they are Arabic. My husband has a clean record and sat in the embassy watching people who don't speak a word of English get approved where as the officer questions why his English is so good. Makes no sense to me and seems to be making me crazy based off my rant.

12 hours ago, Roor.M said:

Hey, I don't think it'll be a problem. Just right now, get a scan of your mom's passport plus the document where they got the name wrong and email it to the NVC, let them know "they" misspelled the name. They did the same with my father's name and I'm the beneficiary.  I emailed a scan of the passport and explained what's up. They corrected it within 5 days and said sorry lol. 

Seriously, email the scan and make a copy to take to the interview. If asked, let them know it wasn't your mistake. It was  how it got into their system.

Best of luck!

Thank you! The thing is that it's our actual marriage certificate from El Salvador. Whoever the person was who entered the information there messed it up and spelled her name wrong.  I don't think they'll notice and it won't be a problem but now my husband has me nervous! 

USCIS
09/23/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/16/2017: Case transferred to Texas Service Center

05/6/2017: NOA2, did not receive electronic notification

05/12/2017: Received NOA2 via snail mail 

05/18/2017: Notification received on App that case was sent to NVC
NVC
05/23/2017: Case received at NVC

06/01/2017: Received case and invoice number via phone

06/06/2017: Received e-mail with case and invoice number, fees paid

06/20/2017: DS-260 submitted and AOS/IV package sent 

06/22/2017: Scan Date

08/23/2017: Case in Review Department

08/25/2017: Case Complete 

10/19/2017: Interview (Approved!!)

10/24/2017: POE - Houston, Texas  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline
1 hour ago, cleon86 said:

Oh! Ahh dear doesn't hurt to email or even call the NVC, don't be stressing too much. Everything is going to be just fine, try to relax and hope for the best. 

How long does it take for the green card to arrive in the states? 

My interview is on nov 3rd and I'm going to see hubby for thanksgiving (leaving on 21st - 28th) if I use that date as my POE and my green card doesn't arrive before I go back to England then what happens ? 

Should i wait to do POE when I go again at Xmas for 3ish weeks? Is it okay just to have the temp card after thanksgiving until I get it at Xmas since it will have arrived by then? 

Hope I'm making sense haha

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.