kingdjali

Hello

42 posts in this topic

Am a winner for 2018 dv bit v an issue

1 haven't fill the ds260 forms yet cos am waiting for ma passport.

2. I v a cn of 14*** n I don't know whenever I send it .. it will take long time to process

3. The main issue is ma dob.. when filling the dv entry the day change e.g instead of 7/31990 it was 10/3/1990

4. On ma wassce cert I v an issue with the date cos dat one to was changed but i wanted to swear an affidavit.. cos ma birth cert n University cert has the correct date. Will this cos for a denial since Ghana is a fraudulent country.

5. I wrote two wassce n I dobt know if I should take all the cert when am being called for an interview.. the other wassce cert has ma correct date of birth but had d7 in English 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline
11 minutes ago, kingdjali said:

Am a winner for 2018 dv bit v an issue

2. I v a cn of 14*** n I don't know whenever I send it .. it will take long time to process

3. The main issue is ma dob.. when filling the dv entry the day change e.g instead of 7/31990 it was 10/3/1990

4. On ma wassce cert I v an issue with the date cos dat one to was changed but i wanted to swear an affidavit.. cos ma birth cert n University cert has the correct date. Will this cos for a denial since Ghana is a fraudulent country.

5. I wrote two wassce n I dobt know if I should take all the cert when am being called for an interview.. the other wassce cert has ma correct date of birth but had d7 in English 

what you typed here is very hard to read..

Am a winner for 2018 dv but have an issue

2. I have a cn of 14*** n I don't know whenever I send it .. it will take long time to process

4. On my wassce certificate I have an issue with the date cos dat one to was changed but i wanted to swear an affidavit.. cos ma birth cert n University cert has the correct date. Will this cos for a denial since Ghana is a fraudulent country.

5. I wrote two wassce n I dont know if I should take all the cert when am being called for an interview.. the other wassce certificate has ma correct date of birth but had d7 in English 

Please don't use texting abbreviations or local shorthand when typing in a forum like this. As was said before, it's difficult to read.

i kind of got hung up on q3 because yes Ghanaian cases often get refused for this type of error. So the first question to ask is are you willing to risk hundreds of dolars in DV plus medical fees even in spite of this?

So the likely wood is high to be denied a visa .. Then I don't think is appropriate for to continue. And even in the near future because I can't change the date of birth on my high school educational certificate. I heard is unchangeable. Unless I swear an affidavit. Which I think would be enough because of the situation Ghana possess

It doesn't matter what it is on the school certificate. It matters that the date on the DV entry form is wrong. And that's something you can't change or affidavit away.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Just to clarify: I can't say for absolute certain you will be denied, only that I've seen a number of reports of Ghanaians being denied for the same type of thing (either wrong DOB or "spelling error" on name on eDV). In my opinion it's a high risk entry. 

DV2019 entries open next week. Suggest you enter again and this time take care to ensure all details are correct. If someone else filled the form for you last time, be sure to do it on your own this time. 

7 minutes ago, kingdjali said:

Someone asked me what if all is correct the only problem is his date of birth on his educational certificate

Usually should not be a problem as long as it is clearly his certificate.

4 minutes ago, kingdjali said:

And another question one of my colleague keep asking me is  if someone fill the dv lottery as born in togo but living in Ghana which one will be the country chargeable

Again, should not be a problem as it is the region (Africa) that is how entries are chosen, not the individual country. For correctness sake, the chargeability country is the country of birth - as clearly stated in the entry instructions - irrespective of where the applicant currently lives or what his current nationality/passport are.

these are just my opinions of course - only a consular officer can make a final decision.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.