Ricky_Randhawa

I129F April 2017 filers -Part 2

2,597 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 minute ago, spike198 said:

You will need to have packet 3 before the interview because it means you're case is at the embassy. Since we hadn't recieved it, we made the appointments anyway, knowing we may need to push the dates back if we didn't hear from them. It took 1

day to get from NVC to the embassy

yah our case switched to ready on october 5th. so the embassy has it but i still dont get how to get the packet 3? you said once i make the appointments i can make the medical so then the packet wont really matter, correct?

1 minute ago, Kay18 said:

my fiance and I are stuck on the ds-160 form, it asks for his employment history. his passport states hes a constriction worker but he worked under the table, he has no proof hes actually a construction worker, he also does not have the name or company name of the construction site he use to work so we have no information to put down for employment history, what do we do since his passport says he is a construction worker? will it look bad that he has no employment history he is only 20 years old

It's fine. They only ask what he does and how much he makes. They don't ask for employer info like they do for you. My fiancé is an electrician and also does construction work and we just listed it on the form with an estimated yearly (I think it was yearly.. or maybe monthly) income and that was it. If there is a spot that asks where he works, just list self-employed. I cant remember if they ask that or not

Timeline
1 minute ago, spike198 said:

It's fine. They only ask what he does and how much he makes. They don't ask for employer info like they do for you. My fiancé is an electrician and also does construction work and we just listed it on the form with an estimated yearly (I think it was yearly.. or maybe monthly) income and that was it. If there is a spot that asks where he works, just list self-employed. I cant remember if they ask that or not

they ask for his employers name and the company name? he doesn't remember either one

9 minutes ago, Kay18 said:

they ask for his employers name and the company name? he doesn't remember either one

What did he put on the original visa application? They asked for 5 years of work history. Just put the same thing 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Kay18 said:

As someone familiar with the embassy in Jamaica (and lived there before) I think I can help you contribute something here. A lot of work in Jamaica is conducted in the informal sector. That is not abnormal and the embassy doesn't care whether it was formal or informal. So he can put that he has worked in construction. If he remembers the name of his supervisor (or boss) or even the location where he worked, he can list that as the place. If he has ever applied for a visa before and put in any work information on there he can put that as well. If he doesn't remember any of those and the work was not stable or consistent he can also put "Freelance Labourer" and self employed. He is only 20 so not many actual work years are expected of him.

Edited by Yu&M

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kay18 said:

whats a POE is what you say referring to Jamaica as well?

POE means a point of enter to U.S. , it is what you will decide then, when you will get visa in hands, what city in U.S. you prefere to enter

Darrel and Tatiana
            2017 year
29th March          I-129f Sent
6th April                NOA1 Received date
11th April              NOA1 Notice date
14th April              NOA1 Hardcopy
22nd August        NOA2 Approval date
5th September     NVC Received, NVC case#
8th September     Left NVC
11th September   Case Ready
28th September   Medical exam
5th October           Interview
25th October         POE date 
22 December        Wedding Day

Timeline
4 hours ago, Estibaliz said:

Thank you! Happy too... although a bit jet lagged yet and had been crazy busy with unpacking and all that stuff, like getting me an American phone number :)

I don't really have a POE picture, since Gary was travelling with me, but here's what I have... 

Jaime was so happy to be back at home, since he stayed on the animal hospital while Gary was in Spain :D

vj.jpg

Congrats ! Congrats ! Congrats !!!!! happy for you both ! 

for Jaime too ))

Darrel and Tatiana
            2017 year

Timeline
1 hour ago, spike198 said:

What did he put on the original visa application? They asked for 5 years of work history. Just put the same thing 

i did not add any, which i134 form did u use?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Estibaliz said:

................... We wanted to have some nice professional pictures since we are not doing that for the wedding, and also to remind me of my hometown :)

Love the photo shoot!!!!  It looked like a lot of fun.  Congratulations on your POE - it's the finish line, and you did the journey so well - always with finesse and grace.     It has been one great experience - a time we will all remember and I for one am so happy for you being in the same place in the same time that I was.  We've discussed, teased, encouraged, and fretted over so many little things, and I am most glad that I have a friend in you.  Have a great adventure together, live every day.  I'll see ya around in these many VJ threads in the future, including this one for a little while longer.

Timeline
On 10/22/2017 at 8:31 PM, Janice_n_Joe said:

Hi everyone, we have few questions: 

1.) Our WAC case is not yet updated, it's still says, "Case Received" if we checked the status. However, we received the NOA2 thru the mail. Did anyone experienced the same as this?

2.) For choosing interview appointment, since I have 15yr old and 9 yr old. We wanted to know to set appointment together? 

3.) I have heard that it needs to have a "k1 visa application" as the reason for getting CENOMAR. Of is it okay to use "Travel"?

4.) Also heard, that TOR (transcript of record) is needed for the interview, is it true?

Hi Janice,

I will be having my interview on Friday. We are of the same pace, my cenomar is for Passport/Travel but i will keep you posted if they accept my documents. If you have TOR just take it with you just in case they will ask for it. Then, If you already received your NOA2 hardcopy you can proceed to have your medical any time and pay your visa. The process will be very fast once you receive the noa2, it depends on how fast you want to finish it.

Regards,

April

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello everyone!!

I am a May filer but i believe you folks over here will be able to help me out with me question as you all have more experience.

My fiancee is from India. Our case has been received by the embassy and the fees have been paid. The ustraveldocs site is allowing me to schedule our biometric appt now but it only allows me to make an appt for the next 4 of 5 days. i would like to schedule for November but it does not let me go that far in the future.

Also, my fiance needs to get his medical done but MAX hospital said that we need our Original Interview Appt Letter in order to make an appt for medical exam. If i can't even make an appt for more than a week out how am i expected to have an Interview Appointment Letter mailed to him and then have him schedule a medical appointment, GO to the medical appt, then go for biometrics (which has to be 24hrs before interview) and then interview all in one week???????

I am so confused as to how we are suppose to do all this in this kind of time frame.

Thanks for the help guys!!  

Timeline
7 hours ago, Noonymoon said:

Hello everyone!!

I am a May filer but i believe you folks over here will be able to help me out with me question as you all have more experience.

My fiancee is from India. Our case has been received by the embassy and the fees have been paid. The ustraveldocs site is allowing me to schedule our biometric appt now but it only allows me to make an appt for the next 4 of 5 days. i would like to schedule for November but it does not let me go that far in the future.

Also, my fiance needs to get his medical done but MAX hospital said that we need our Original Interview Appt Letter in order to make an appt for medical exam. If i can't even make an appt for more than a week out how am i expected to have an Interview Appointment Letter mailed to him and then have him schedule a medical appointment, GO to the medical appt, then go for biometrics (which has to be 24hrs before interview) and then interview all in one week???????

I am so confused as to how we are suppose to do all this in this kind of time frame.

Thanks for the help guys!!  

there is nothing to worry about, as soon as  you need to provide a confirmation page of appointment of the interview in order to get a medical exam, then do it right away - get an appointment for a medical when you get the confirmation page for interview
 You can get medical exam right before the interview ... just then the consulate will wait for the results of your medical exam , to issue the visa.
 I can share my experience: in Russia we also need to provide a confirmation page for the appointment of the  interview, but we can pass medical exam not only  a week before, but even two months before the scheduled interview date ... 
for notice: you can have a medical exam today, and tomorrow you can go to the embassy for an interview ... this means if the results of medical examinations are good, then you will receive a passport with a visa for a few days later, because the embassy will wait for the result from the hospital.

Good luck, guys !:)

Darrel and Tatiana
            2017 year

Timeline
22 hours ago, April and Stan said:

Hi Janice,

I will be having my interview on Friday. We are of the same pace, my cenomar is for Passport/Travel but i will keep you posted if they accept my documents. If you have TOR just take it with you just in case they will ask for it. Then, If you already received your NOA2 hardcopy you can proceed to have your medical any time and pay your visa. The process will be very fast once you receive the noa2, it depends on how fast you want to finish it.

Regards,

April

Hi April, 

Thank you so much! 

The TOR I have is photocopy only. That makes me worry.

Anyhow, I'd be excited with your response.

Thanks,

Janice

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
14 hours ago, Estibaliz said:

Thank you! Happy too... although a bit jet lagged yet and had been crazy busy with unpacking and all that stuff, like getting me an American phone number :)

I don't really have a POE picture, since Gary was travelling with me, but here's what I have... 

Jaime was so happy to be back at home, since he stayed on the animal hospital while Gary was in Spain :D

vj.jpg

Wow! Finally "the queen of  Vj April thread" is with her better half. I'm so happy for you! My interview date is November 20 which is my birthday can't Wait also. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.