Coly

Our IR1 was refused on Wed,20 /2017

21 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello I'm coly 

I'm writing  here to ask for help because  I don't know what to do .my husband  went for his interview  on 13 September  at  consulate  of casablanca Morocco  then they put him in admin review without stating the reasons . Second day the US Consulate  called and requested us to be interviewed  we did and they got his passport   we thought  everything was good . Until Wednesday 20 September  . We got email saying (our case was refused  and was sent  to uscis )  

We have strong Relationship we know each other  for 5 years and we been married for 3 years and 3 month and we met 5 times ..

We have much evidence  recipts  of what my husband  send me for all those years and letters from my family  to him and pics and everything  

But we have only one weak point  is our age difference  he is 22 and I'm 48 

Please help me ? I need to know what to do since our file got back to uscis ?😢😭😢😢:(

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think this should be moved to the MENA section, you are neither needing a waiver or in admin. processing :)

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

(STAND ALONE i-130/TERMINATION OF REMOVAL)

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

Engaged: Aug. 21, 2014

Married: Dec. 1, 2014

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

Filed stand alone i-130: January 2015 (VSC)

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

NOA1: Feb. 20, 2015.

Transfer to CSC to balance workloads: August 2015

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

Congressional Inquiry: Dec 8. 2015

***i-130 APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW: Dec. 21, 2015** :dancing:

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed AOS packet: March 16, 2016.

NOA1: March 21, 2016.

Biometrics: April 20, 2016.

RFE Initial evidence: April 21, 2016 for birth cert/translation and Q1/B1 i94s

RFE response received: May 10, 2016.

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status: Sept 2016- Case pending interview at local office.

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

HAPPY 2YR ANNIVERSARY TO US!!

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Waiting on interview at local office...... :clock:

Sent EAD renewal: Feb 10, 2016

EAD#2 NOA1: March 3, 2016

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED!!: interview on March 27, 2017

Text notification, new card being produced: March 29, 2017!!!

*~*~*~*818 DAYS TOTAL*~*~*~

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."

Filed: F-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

Probably the age difference. Assuming he doesn't have children, Morocco is a country where most people want to become parents. It might have been different if he was older and you were younger. That's more accepted in Morocco.

I'm sorry, no advice but hopefully someone else in similar situation does.

image-2017-12-29 (1).jpg

Timeline

Yes I know that but we been planing to adopt a girl when he gets here because  we both want girl . And we told them that at our interview 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Coly said:

Hello I'm coly 

I'm writing  here to ask for help because  I don't know what to do .my husband  went for his interview  on 13 September  at  consulate  of casablanca Morocco  then they put him in admin review without stating the reasons . Second day the US Consulate  called and requested us to be interviewed  we did and they got his passport   we thought  everything was good . Until Wednesday 20 September  . We got email saying (our case was refused  and was sent  to uscis )  

We have strong Relationship we know each other  for 5 years and we been married for 3 years and 3 month and we met 5 times ..

We have much evidence  recipts  of what my husband  send me for all those years and letters from my family  to him and pics and everything  

But we have only one weak point  is our age difference  he is 22 and I'm 48 

Please help me ? I need to know what to do since our file got back to uscis ?😢😭😢😢:(

Sorry to hear this! Actually it's heartbreak 

and hopefully soon you hear something new... for me it's been 4months struggling with administrative processing 

what abt his passport? Did they send it back to uscis as well??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am guessing that the age difference was a major issue. If he's 22 now that would mean he was 17 or 18 when you first met 5 years ago...not saying your relationship isn't legitimate, but the Casablanca consulate considers age differences with a lot of scrutiny. How much time have you spent together in person as a married couple? 

If your case was sent back to the US, you can expect a letter in a few months to a year stating that the intend to deny or revoke (not sure which word is actually used). You then have the opportunity to basically make an appeal to have a 2nd look at the petition and at that point you can provide additional evidence.

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
22 hours ago, Coly said:

Yes I know that but we been planing to adopt a girl when he gets here because  we both want girl . And we told them that at our interview 

Do you know the Islamic stance on adoption? I'm pretty sure the interviewing officer took that into account as well. Muslims don't adopt like non Muslims. 

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

(STAND ALONE i-130/TERMINATION OF REMOVAL)

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

Engaged: Aug. 21, 2014

Married: Dec. 1, 2014

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

Filed stand alone i-130: January 2015 (VSC)

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

NOA1: Feb. 20, 2015.

Transfer to CSC to balance workloads: August 2015

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

Congressional Inquiry: Dec 8. 2015

***i-130 APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW: Dec. 21, 2015** :dancing:

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed AOS packet: March 16, 2016.

NOA1: March 21, 2016.

Biometrics: April 20, 2016.

RFE Initial evidence: April 21, 2016 for birth cert/translation and Q1/B1 i94s

RFE response received: May 10, 2016.

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status: Sept 2016- Case pending interview at local office.

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

HAPPY 2YR ANNIVERSARY TO US!!

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Waiting on interview at local office...... :clock:

Sent EAD renewal: Feb 10, 2016

EAD#2 NOA1: March 3, 2016

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED!!: interview on March 27, 2017

Text notification, new card being produced: March 29, 2017!!!

*~*~*~*818 DAYS TOTAL*~*~*~

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."

Filed: F-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

@ sparkles, don't agree with that at all. I personally know Moroccans who have adopted orphans or abandoned children. Its not allowed to lie to them and let them believe that they are biological and let them change their last name etc. So basically you can raise a child  ( it's even encouraged to do so) and be like a parent to them. But you can't do that without doing it the legal way, and that's adoption.

I think the problem might be that petitioner was an adult at the time of dating and the beneficiary was a minor.

image-2017-12-29 (1).jpg

We are not in a position to question legitimacy and the chances of this relationship being for purposes of migration.  The embassy very much  can make a call on that and I am sure they have seen that the relationship started at an age where the petitioner could have been booked for statutory rape even had this been in the US.  We do not know when the relationship was consummated but it's too close to being illegal.

Culturally a family would never be okay with their child marrying a woman so much older.  Actually most families would not be okay.  Culturally it's just something that does not happen.  I know the culture very well - unless of course the family see it as a marriage for immigration.

I am sorry you're going through this, if the age difference was reversed you might not be in this trouble, who knows. 

Unfortunately, that is one big age gap. I don't mean to pry, nor I'm doubting the veracity of your relationship, but you're almost in your fifties which means it would be nearly impossible for you to have kids (at least conventionally) and his life is just starting,  which is very frowned upon in many cultures. Maybe like they've said the fact that he was still a minor might have what caused the denial, but we can't really know for sure. What was the reason for denial or they didn't address it? 

You could start the process again but it seems that it might be extremely difficult to overcome the age difference, both legally and socially.  

Have you guys considered moving to Morocco? I know it might not be ideal, but if the point is to be together and prove this wasn't done for a  green card, living a few years in Morocco or a third country and then trying again might be a good way to show USCIS that you're the real deal. The cost of starting a second time and the time you will spend apart will be incredibly challenging, you might consider evaluating if what I suggested makes more sense to you, as I'm sure you just want to be in the same place. 

Good luck! 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.