Jump to content
Tx7

I-131 Filed (Not Received), H-1B Expiring

10 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi there!

 

Just looking for some thoughts and advice; my wife and I filed the various forms for AOS to GC with Advance Parole. Documents priority date are 7/21 with a notice date of 7/26. I haven't heard anything back yet on approval of AP (completed biometrics on 8/10). My problem is that my I-94/H-1B expires on 10/10, leaving me pretty close to a date I can no longer work, drive, etc. From the processing time it looks like it's only 5/27 dates currently being run. From reading the site it looks as though I cannot volunteer for my current job (non-profit) and so from 10/11 do I just have to sit around and not do anything until it arrives? Is there any way (extreme hardship financially / my wife is on my insurance) to help speed it up without risking the action-date reverting to the new expedited date?

 

Thanks for your help -- just apprehensive to get through this and keep working and would love some outside thoughts that don't cost me $200/hr!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Tx7 said:

Hi there!

 

Just looking for some thoughts and advice; my wife and I filed the various forms for AOS to GC with Advance Parole. Documents priority date are 7/21 with a notice date of 7/26. I haven't heard anything back yet on approval of AP (completed biometrics on 8/10). My problem is that my I-94/H-1B expires on 10/10, leaving me pretty close to a date I can no longer work, drive, etc. From the processing time it looks like it's only 5/27 dates currently being run. From reading the site it looks as though I cannot volunteer for my current job (non-profit) and so from 10/11 do I just have to sit around and not do anything until it arrives? Is there any way (extreme hardship financially / my wife is on my insurance) to help speed it up without risking the action-date reverting to the new expedited date?

 

Thanks for your help -- just apprehensive to get through this and keep working and would love some outside thoughts that don't cost me $200/hr!!! 

You can apply for an expedite. Call USCIS customer service to get it started. Ask for a fax number to supply the evidence documents (ask for something signed from your work as evidence.) You would apply for expedite under severe financial loss (not hardship). Send as much evidence as possible and a letter explaining the situation. It is not a guaranteed approval and the timeline is very tight for you, but should definitely try and do it fast, it also takes time for expedites.

 

Without expedite your EAD is more likely to be approved mid to late November.

Edited by Suss&Camm

K1 Visa & AOS

Spoiler

2016-03-19         i-129F Sent
2016-03-24         i-129F NOA1
2016-06-14         i-129F NOA2
2016-07-08         NVC Rec'd
2016-07-12         Case #
2016-07-13         NVC Left
2016-07-14         Consulate Rec'd
2016-07-19         Medical
2016-08-11         Interview Date (approved)
2016-09-06         Issued
2016-09-09         Visa In Hand
2016-10-19         POE Dallas Fort-Worth
2016-10-30         Our Halloween Wedding

2016-11-16         AOS package sent (i-485, i-131, i-765, i-864, g-325a, DS-3025)
2016-11-17         AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox
2016-11-23         NOA1's by e-mail and text (@ 10:30 pm CT)
2016-11-26         NOA1 hard copies
2016-12-03         Biometrics appointment in mail
2016-12-07         Biometrics (Early walk-in Desoto, appointment was for Dec 13th)

2017-02-17         Notice of card in production by email and text (@8:00 am CT, i-765) - Day 92

2017-02-22         Notice of approval by email and text (@1:00 pm CT, i-765 and i-131) - Day 97

2017-02-22         Notice of card being mailed by email and text (@7:00 pm CT, i-765) - Day 97

2017-02-25         EAD/AP combo card arrived in mail - Day 100

2017-03-03         Notice of green card in production by email and text (@4:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-03         Notice of approval by email and text (@6:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-11          Green card arrived in mail  - Day 113

2018-12-03          First day to file for ROC (i-751)

 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Suss&Camm said:

You can apply for an expedite. Call USCIS customer service to get it started. Ask for a fax number to supply the evidence documents (ask for something signed from your work as evidence.) You would apply for expedite under severe financial loss (not hardship). Send as much evidence as possible and a letter explaining the situation. It is not a guaranteed approval and the timeline is very tight for you, but should definitely try and do it fast, it also takes time for expedites.

 

Without expedite your EAD is more likely to be approved mid to late November.

Thank you for this -- I just called them (got through right away) and the officer helped me request the expedite. He said I should get a reply within 5 days. I wasn't expecting that at all, thanks for pointing me in the right direction!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Tx7 said:

Thank you for this -- I just called them (got through right away) and the officer helped me request the expedite. He said I should get a reply within 5 days. I wasn't expecting that at all, thanks for pointing me in the right direction!!

Happy to help - I'm not sure about the reply in 5 days - I think they mean the letter you get requesting evidence?

Were you given a fax number? It's much faster if you fax it in instead of sending it in. I'm afraid the response time is going to be longer than 5 days.

 

Good luck!  I hope you get it :)

Edited by Suss&Camm

K1 Visa & AOS

Spoiler

2016-03-19         i-129F Sent
2016-03-24         i-129F NOA1
2016-06-14         i-129F NOA2
2016-07-08         NVC Rec'd
2016-07-12         Case #
2016-07-13         NVC Left
2016-07-14         Consulate Rec'd
2016-07-19         Medical
2016-08-11         Interview Date (approved)
2016-09-06         Issued
2016-09-09         Visa In Hand
2016-10-19         POE Dallas Fort-Worth
2016-10-30         Our Halloween Wedding

2016-11-16         AOS package sent (i-485, i-131, i-765, i-864, g-325a, DS-3025)
2016-11-17         AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox
2016-11-23         NOA1's by e-mail and text (@ 10:30 pm CT)
2016-11-26         NOA1 hard copies
2016-12-03         Biometrics appointment in mail
2016-12-07         Biometrics (Early walk-in Desoto, appointment was for Dec 13th)

2017-02-17         Notice of card in production by email and text (@8:00 am CT, i-765) - Day 92

2017-02-22         Notice of approval by email and text (@1:00 pm CT, i-765 and i-131) - Day 97

2017-02-22         Notice of card being mailed by email and text (@7:00 pm CT, i-765) - Day 97

2017-02-25         EAD/AP combo card arrived in mail - Day 100

2017-03-03         Notice of green card in production by email and text (@4:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-03         Notice of approval by email and text (@6:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-11          Green card arrived in mail  - Day 113

2018-12-03          First day to file for ROC (i-751)

 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also just realized in the original post that you wrote you applied with AP - just to make sure,  you did apply with EAD as well correct? That is what you meant to say you wanted to expedite? I went on to read the work part, so I somewhere lost that you didn't mention EAD.

Edited by Suss&Camm

K1 Visa & AOS

Spoiler

2016-03-19         i-129F Sent
2016-03-24         i-129F NOA1
2016-06-14         i-129F NOA2
2016-07-08         NVC Rec'd
2016-07-12         Case #
2016-07-13         NVC Left
2016-07-14         Consulate Rec'd
2016-07-19         Medical
2016-08-11         Interview Date (approved)
2016-09-06         Issued
2016-09-09         Visa In Hand
2016-10-19         POE Dallas Fort-Worth
2016-10-30         Our Halloween Wedding

2016-11-16         AOS package sent (i-485, i-131, i-765, i-864, g-325a, DS-3025)
2016-11-17         AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox
2016-11-23         NOA1's by e-mail and text (@ 10:30 pm CT)
2016-11-26         NOA1 hard copies
2016-12-03         Biometrics appointment in mail
2016-12-07         Biometrics (Early walk-in Desoto, appointment was for Dec 13th)

2017-02-17         Notice of card in production by email and text (@8:00 am CT, i-765) - Day 92

2017-02-22         Notice of approval by email and text (@1:00 pm CT, i-765 and i-131) - Day 97

2017-02-22         Notice of card being mailed by email and text (@7:00 pm CT, i-765) - Day 97

2017-02-25         EAD/AP combo card arrived in mail - Day 100

2017-03-03         Notice of green card in production by email and text (@4:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-03         Notice of approval by email and text (@6:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-11          Green card arrived in mail  - Day 113

2018-12-03          First day to file for ROC (i-751)

 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Suss&Camm said:

Happy to help - I'm not sure about the reply in 5 days - I think they mean the letter you get requesting evidence?

Were you given a fax number? It's much faster if you fax it in instead of sending it in. I'm afraid the response time is going to be longer than 5 days.

 

Good luck!  I hope you get it :)

Thanks! I spoke with him and he wrote down the notes on my request (severe financial loss, insurance loss for my wife and myself, and that my company would lose their fundraiser at a critical time) and said that the director (?) of the center would decide if it can be expedited an I'd get an update in 5 days and find out if they needed additional evidence. Maybe it was just 5 days for whether the response would be processed as expedited? I got a confirmation and he said to call back in 5 days if I hadn't heard anything. 

 

They've got 10 years of visa applications, so hopefully they go easy on me!

 

17 minutes ago, Suss&Camm said:

I also just realized in the original post that you wrote you applied with AP - just to make sure,  you did apply with EAD as well correct? That is what you meant to say you wanted to expedite? I went on to read the work part, so I somewhere lost that you didn't mention EAD.

Yep! Sorry I wasn't clear with that -- expedited request on the EAD/I-765.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Tx7 said:

Thanks! I spoke with him and he wrote down the notes on my request (severe financial loss, insurance loss for my wife and myself, and that my company would lose their fundraiser at a critical time) and said that the director (?) of the center would decide if it can be expedited an I'd get an update in 5 days and find out if they needed additional evidence. Maybe it was just 5 days for whether the response would be processed as expedited? I got a confirmation and he said to call back in 5 days if I hadn't heard anything. 

 

They've got 10 years of visa applications, so hopefully they go easy on me!

 

Yep! Sorry I wasn't clear with that -- expedited request on the EAD/I-765.

It can be faster at times, I can count on my hands how many times I've seen ppl get it without the additional evidence, but it does happen. Please update the thread when you get more information and/or a response.


K1 Visa & AOS

Spoiler

2016-03-19         i-129F Sent
2016-03-24         i-129F NOA1
2016-06-14         i-129F NOA2
2016-07-08         NVC Rec'd
2016-07-12         Case #
2016-07-13         NVC Left
2016-07-14         Consulate Rec'd
2016-07-19         Medical
2016-08-11         Interview Date (approved)
2016-09-06         Issued
2016-09-09         Visa In Hand
2016-10-19         POE Dallas Fort-Worth
2016-10-30         Our Halloween Wedding

2016-11-16         AOS package sent (i-485, i-131, i-765, i-864, g-325a, DS-3025)
2016-11-17         AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox
2016-11-23         NOA1's by e-mail and text (@ 10:30 pm CT)
2016-11-26         NOA1 hard copies
2016-12-03         Biometrics appointment in mail
2016-12-07         Biometrics (Early walk-in Desoto, appointment was for Dec 13th)

2017-02-17         Notice of card in production by email and text (@8:00 am CT, i-765) - Day 92

2017-02-22         Notice of approval by email and text (@1:00 pm CT, i-765 and i-131) - Day 97

2017-02-22         Notice of card being mailed by email and text (@7:00 pm CT, i-765) - Day 97

2017-02-25         EAD/AP combo card arrived in mail - Day 100

2017-03-03         Notice of green card in production by email and text (@4:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-03         Notice of approval by email and text (@6:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-11          Green card arrived in mail  - Day 113

2018-12-03          First day to file for ROC (i-751)

 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Process & Procedures to Adjustment of Status from Work, Student, & Tourist Visas forum.


Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2017 at 5:16 PM, Suss&Camm said:

It can be faster at times, I can count on my hands how many times I've seen ppl get it without the additional evidence, but it does happen. Please update the thread when you get more information and/or a response.

Just to keep you updated on this (and keep me a little sane): 

 

Still no word from USCIS (on the AP or other) and I raised a second request per another phone call and also contacted my congressman but no word on that either. Work authorization and drivers licence expire tomorrow, so looks like I'm grounded until this comes through - I guess the dogs will enjoy it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×