myeena02

Error made in applying for my mom's CENOMAR

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline
This is  with regards to the CENOMAR of my mother, which the consul requested during my interview at US embassy in Manila. I was asked to fill out a green form (CENOMAR or Certificate of No Marriage) with my mom's information.  I thought all the information I provided were correct based on my knowledge. When I went home I told my mom and she said there were some information that were incorrect like her birthplace which was in Manila and not in Bulacan. I forgot my mom's mother's first name so I just put her nickname. All other informations needed were correct except for those 2.  My mom told me not to erase anything in the form for NSO might not accept it if there were alterations. She suggested me to apply online and so I could provide the correct information. So I went ahead and apply for it online. I even called NSO to make sure that they got all the information correct. Someone from the customer service told me to email the form to make sure that the request came from the embassy itself. I didn't realize that those information written in the green form were to be used to apply for my mom's CENOMAR. All along I thought those information would be disregarded since I also applied online and provided the correct information. I made an honest mistake and I didn't intend to ruin my  opportunity to get an immigrant visa.  

Now Im so worried that the embassy might think that I made that error intentionally, providing wrong information to apply for my mom's CENOMAR. Here's the thing, my mom is still married in the Phils but filed for divorce in the US and got married again with a US citizen. She's been a immigrant for 3 yrs now. It's my step dad who is petitioning me. Now, Im not sure how big the impact it would give the embassy with the fact that my mom has previous marriage and still valid in the Phils. The CENOMAR was submitted to US embassy last June and we haven't heard any update yet. Should I call US embassy and ask for another form to correct the first one that was submitted?  Should I just wait for the embassy to reply to us after reviewing the CENOMAR? It scares me that the processing of my visa might get delayed again because of my mistake. Can someone help me what to do? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from Off Topic to the Philippines regional forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, myeena02 said:
This is  with regards to the CENOMAR of my mother, which the consul requested during my interview at US embassy in Manila. I was asked to fill out a green form (CENOMAR or Certificate of No Marriage) with my mom's information.  I thought all the information I provided were correct based on my knowledge. When I went home I told my mom and she said there were some information that were incorrect like her birthplace which was in Manila and not in Bulacan. I forgot my mom's mother's first name so I just put her nickname. All other informations needed were correct except for those 2.  My mom told me not to erase anything in the form for NSO might not accept it if there were alterations. She suggested me to apply online and so I could provide the correct information. So I went ahead and apply for it online. I even called NSO to make sure that they got all the information correct. Someone from the customer service told me to email the form to make sure that the request came from the embassy itself. I didn't realize that those information written in the green form were to be used to apply for my mom's CENOMAR. All along I thought those information would be disregarded since I also applied online and provided the correct information. I made an honest mistake and I didn't intend to ruin my  opportunity to get an immigrant visa.  

Now Im so worried that the embassy might think that I made that error intentionally, providing wrong information to apply for my mom's CENOMAR. Here's the thing, my mom is still married in the Phils but filed for divorce in the US and got married again with a US citizen. She's been a immigrant for 3 yrs now. It's my step dad who is petitioning me. Now, Im not sure how big the impact it would give the embassy with the fact that my mom has previous marriage and still valid in the Phils. The CENOMAR was submitted to US embassy last June and we haven't heard any update yet. Should I call US embassy and ask for another form to correct the first one that was submitted?  Should I just wait for the embassy to reply to us after reviewing the CENOMAR? It scares me that the processing of my visa might get delayed again because of my mistake. Can someone help me what to do? 

Staff at the embassy is human.. don't stress so much, but they do expect the correct name & information on the CENOMAR

Being the embassy requested the CENOMAR it is necessary to provide THAT letter/email to PSA showing the embassy requested it (online is not the way).  Completing a form correctly at PSA is better.   Did you include a copy of your mom's divorce decree originally, being the CENOMAR will show her still married in the Phils to a different man?

What does your status show on the CEAC website?  

To track your visa status on the CEAC use the link below:
https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=WwjqOlbeRYzCYubaSQI+RA== 

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
8 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Staff at the embassy is human.. don't stress so much, but they do expect the correct name & information on the CENOMAR

Being the embassy requested the CENOMAR it is necessary to provide THAT letter/email to PSA showing the embassy requested it (online is not the way).  Completing a form correctly at PSA is better.   Did you include a copy of your mom's divorce decree originally, being the CENOMAR will show her still married in the Phils to a different man?

What does your status show on the CEAC website?  

To track your visa status on the CEAC use the link below:
https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=WwjqOlbeRYzCYubaSQI+RA== 

Thats the thing, I'm not sure if PSA followed the correct information  which I did when I applied online. I did email them the form as well which I should have reviewed first. I wasn't thinking at all. I had to do it online coz it was my only option. I got so busy with school during those times.

I didn't provide them a copy of my mom's divorce papers. I have never thought of it at all coz I don't think it would have made any sense. Divorce has never been recognized in our country which means my mom's marriage to my dad is still valid in the Phils. Now, it makes me think that the embassy just wants to find out how many times my mom got married in the Phils before she filed for divorce in the US. CENOMAR would be the answer coz it would show the name of the person my mom got married to in the Phils and if it matches the name of the person she divorced in the US. This is just my understanding. I could be wrong, too.  Hope this doesn't confuse you.. :-) what worries me bigtime is the error I made in the form I submitted to PSA which is my mom's birthplace. I don't know if this gonna affect the result of her CENOMAR.  

Ceac website shows still in administrative processing and last updated on June 28. We've been calling the embassy but no updates yet until now. Thank you for your reply.. :-)

Timeline
9 hours ago, myeena02 said:

Thats the thing, I'm not sure if PSA followed the correct information  which I did when I applied online. I did email them the form as well which I should have reviewed first. I wasn't thinking at all. I had to do it online coz it was my only option. I got so busy with school during those times.

I didn't provide them a copy of my mom's divorce papers. I have never thought of it at all coz I don't think it would have made any sense. Divorce has never been recognized in our country which means my mom's marriage to my dad is still valid in the Phils. Now, it makes me think that the embassy just wants to find out how many times my mom got married in the Phils before she filed for divorce in the US. CENOMAR would be the answer coz it would show the name of the person my mom got married to in the Phils and if it matches the name of the person she divorced in the US. This is just my understanding. I could be wrong, too.  Hope this doesn't confuse you.. :-) what worries me bigtime is the error I made in the form I submitted to PSA which is my mom's birthplace. I don't know if this gonna affect the result of her CENOMAR.  

Ceac website shows still in administrative processing and last updated on June 28. We've been calling the embassy but no updates yet until now. Thank you for your reply.. :-)

Nothing since June?  No date changes even on CEAC?

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 hour ago, myeena02 said:

Yes, no changes in CEAC since June 28. I'm also worried because all the documents I submitted are expiring very soon.  :-(

You emailed, called and no reply?  Hmm

Here the embassy contact info, including skype

Contacting the Embassy
Manila Visa Information and Appointment Service center hotlines at (632) 976-8500, (632) 976-8501 or (632) 976-8502.
The center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Manila time), except on Philippine and U.S. holidays.

Callers in the U.S should call (703) 520-2235 on its Eastern Standard Time equivalent of operation hours.

Skype: To use Skype to speak to a customer service representative Monday Friday from 8:00am to 8:00pm., please add a new contact to your Skype account with the Skype name ustraveldocs-philippines.

EMAIL:   IVMANILAREPLIES@STATE.GOV

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
4 hours ago, Hank_ said:

You emailed, called and no reply?  Hmm

Here the embassy contact info, including skype

Contacting the Embassy
Manila Visa Information and Appointment Service center hotlines at (632) 976-8500, (632) 976-8501 or (632) 976-8502.
The center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Manila time), except on Philippine and U.S. holidays.

Callers in the U.S should call (703) 520-2235 on its Eastern Standard Time equivalent of operation hours.

Skype: To use Skype to speak to a customer service representative Monday Friday from 8:00am to 8:00pm., please add a new contact to your Skype account with the Skype name ustraveldocs-philippines.

EMAIL:   IVMANILAREPLIES@STATE.GOV

We've been calling customer service and sending emails too but the only reply we've been getting is they're still reviewing the required documentation we submitted. I'll try calling again next  week and  hope I get an answer this time. All my documents are expiring very soon which I really don't mind as long as I get my visa. It really scares me when I make errors and maybe this could be a reason why it's taking them forever to process my visa..I'm getting so paranoid now..sigh..  Thanks for the contact info.. :-)

Timeline
1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

If they say they are still reviewing ... just be patient for now.

Yeah and I'm just taking it as a blessing in disguise coz Im not done with my schooling yet. Im graduating next year. BTW any idea  if the embassy would advice me to do my medical again before they issue my visa?

Timeline
12 hours ago, myeena02 said:

Yeah and I'm just taking it as a blessing in disguise coz Im not done with my schooling yet. Im graduating next year. BTW any idea  if the embassy would advice me to do my medical again before they issue my visa?

Yes the embassy will notify you regarding the medical, it is necessary that your medical be valid for the visa.   

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.