Jump to content
Sayurichan28

K-1 visa for Nepal

13 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello,

My fiance in the US received our NOA2 this August of 2017. I filled out my DS-160 and set up an interview date which is on the 30th of October. I have also finished my medical exam. My concern is that I never received any letter or packet 3 from the embassy here in Nepal. Would that be a problem if I still don't have any letter sent by the embassy before my interview? I have followed all the instructions online for this process after receiving my case number and checking it 'online' on the embassy's website where it said that my case was ready. 

I'm just concerned if they will ask for a packet 3 or any letter from the embassy on my interview.

Any feedback will be appreciated. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Refer to this page https://np.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/. It says that the beneficiary will be contacted by the local US embassy to collect the Packet 3. To be safe, you should contact the embassy to inquire about the Packet 3. 


For my I-129F and K-1 detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

 

AOS + EAD + AP

Spoiler

1 March 2018 (Thu): FedEx 2-Day 10.30 AM to Chicago, IL.
5 March 2017 (Fri): Delivered to Chicago, IL. <Signed for by: J. Chyba>
10 March 2018 (Sat): NOA1 hardcopy's date.
12 March 2018 (Mon): Check cashed.
13 March 2018 (Tue): Received text and e-mail notifications.
16 March 2018 (Fri): NOA1 hardcopy via normal mail.

16 March 2018 (Fri):: Biometrics appointment letter's date.

22 March 2018 (Thu): Biometrics appointment letter via normal mail.

5 April 2018 (Thu): Biometrics appointment at 9.00 am.

 

AOS Updates Post-Biometrics

19 July 2018 (Thu): Text and email notifications stating that as of 17 July 2018, case is ready to be scheduled for an interview and a notice will follow.

 

EAD + AP Updates Post-Biometrics

6 August 2018 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy's date.

6 August 2018 (Mon): Text and e-mail notifications received. New card is ordered and being produced.

9 August 2018 (Thu): Text and e-mail notifications received. Card is picked up by USPS.

10 August 2018 (Fri): NOA2 hardcopy via normal mail.

11 August 2018 (Sat): Combo card sent from Lee's Summit, MO via Priority Mail and no signature was required at delivery. Mailman dropped it in the mailbox like regular mails.

** Approved in 158 days **

 

 

If you require my attention or response in the public forum, please quote or tag me in your post as I have turned off the auto-follow function. 

My VJ inbox is always open too. I'm happy to share what I know or assist where I can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Sayurichan28 said:

Hello,

My fiance in the US received our NOA2 this August of 2017. I filled out my DS-160 and set up an interview date which is on the 30th of October. I have also finished my medical exam. My concern is that I never received any letter or packet 3 from the embassy here in Nepal. Would that be a problem if I still don't have any letter sent by the embassy before my interview? I have followed all the instructions online for this process after receiving my case number and checking it 'online' on the embassy's website where it said that my case was ready. 

I'm just concerned if they will ask for a packet 3 or any letter from the embassy on my interview.

Any feedback will be appreciated. Thank you.

Let me know what you find out. We are following you shortly I suspect, should have the NOA2 here in the next week or so. Unfortunately there really just isn't much data.


K1 Visa:
 

Spoiler

 

17th April 2017: NOA1 Received Date

11th September 2017: RFE Issued

19th September 2017: RFE Reply Recieved

4th October 2017: NOA2 Approval date

9th October 2017: NVC Received
13th October 2017: NVC Case # Received
17th October 2017: Left NVC

23rd October 2017: Consulate Received

9th November 2017: Interview

29th November 2017: POE

8th December 2017: Wedding

 

 

AOS:
 

Spoiler

19th January 2018: NOA1 Recieved Date

25th January 2018: NOA1 Notice Date

2nd February 2018: Biometric Notice Date

23rd February 2018: Biometric Appointment

30th March 2018: Interview Notice Date

9th May 2018: AOS Interview Appointment

9th May 2018: I-485 Approved

14th May 2018: I-797 for I-485 Received

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2017 at 1:16 PM, KULtoATL said:

Refer to this page https://np.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/. It says that the beneficiary will be contacted by the local US embassy to collect the Packet 3. To be safe, you should contact the embassy to inquire about the Packet 3. 

Thank you. I had gone through that page previously and was worried about not receiving the 3rd packet before the interview. I never received it but my interview went well and they approved my visa. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2017 at 7:06 AM, CopperChem said:

Let me know what you find out. We are following you shortly I suspect, should have the NOA2 here in the next week or so. Unfortunately there really just isn't much data.

I never received any packet or email from the embassy. The only emails or notifications I got were about my interview confirmation date and that was what I printed out and took with me to the interview. The interview went well and I got the visa approved. The consulate still has my passport and I'm supposed to be getting an email when it's ready for a pickup. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sayurichan28 said:

I never received any packet or email from the embassy. The only emails or notifications I got were about my interview confirmation date and that was what I printed out and took with me to the interview. The interview went well and I got the visa approved. The consulate still has my passport and I'm supposed to be getting an email when it's ready for a pickup. :) 

Congrats. Fiance goes for her interview on the 9th.


K1 Visa:
 

Spoiler

 

17th April 2017: NOA1 Received Date

11th September 2017: RFE Issued

19th September 2017: RFE Reply Recieved

4th October 2017: NOA2 Approval date

9th October 2017: NVC Received
13th October 2017: NVC Case # Received
17th October 2017: Left NVC

23rd October 2017: Consulate Received

9th November 2017: Interview

29th November 2017: POE

8th December 2017: Wedding

 

 

AOS:
 

Spoiler

19th January 2018: NOA1 Recieved Date

25th January 2018: NOA1 Notice Date

2nd February 2018: Biometric Notice Date

23rd February 2018: Biometric Appointment

30th March 2018: Interview Notice Date

9th May 2018: AOS Interview Appointment

9th May 2018: I-485 Approved

14th May 2018: I-797 for I-485 Received

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Sayurichan28 said:

Thank you and Good luck with yours! 

Thank you. How was the interview itself, relatively relaxed or was it the mean older woman who did it? (Fiance told me about her from when she did her student visa)


K1 Visa:
 

Spoiler

 

17th April 2017: NOA1 Received Date

11th September 2017: RFE Issued

19th September 2017: RFE Reply Recieved

4th October 2017: NOA2 Approval date

9th October 2017: NVC Received
13th October 2017: NVC Case # Received
17th October 2017: Left NVC

23rd October 2017: Consulate Received

9th November 2017: Interview

29th November 2017: POE

8th December 2017: Wedding

 

 

AOS:
 

Spoiler

19th January 2018: NOA1 Recieved Date

25th January 2018: NOA1 Notice Date

2nd February 2018: Biometric Notice Date

23rd February 2018: Biometric Appointment

30th March 2018: Interview Notice Date

9th May 2018: AOS Interview Appointment

9th May 2018: I-485 Approved

14th May 2018: I-797 for I-485 Received

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2017 at 11:10 PM, CopperChem said:

Thank you. How was the interview itself, relatively relaxed or was it the mean older woman who did it? (Fiance told me about her from when she did her student visa)

I think I know who your fiance is talking about. I had her for my student visa too and I definitely didn't have the best experience. I had to go through her this time as well but she only took my fingerprints and asked me to wait. Then a man actually called out my number and the interview went smooth. I think it was done within 3 minutes which was way shorter than the other interviews I noticed while I was waiting for my turn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sayurichan28 said:

I think I know who your fiance is talking about. I had her for my student visa too and I definitely didn't have the best experience. I had to go through her this time as well but she only took my fingerprints and asked me to wait. Then a man actually called out my number and the interview went smooth. I think it was done within 3 minutes which was way shorter than the other interviews I noticed while I was waiting for my turn. 

Thanks, Rashmi was worried that she might have to deal with that woman again. She had her for the student visa also and it wasn't a good experience. I think she had to come back and interview a second time because of her. Hopefully you get your visa shortly and can make the trip back state side peacefully.

As an FYI you can get a flight from Kathmandu to Incheon to Detroit on I think Wednesday and Friday leaving days. It is Korean Airways/Delta. Makes your POE Detroit instead of an overseas location. Though from Grand Rapids I assume that you can go through Chicago nearly as easily.


K1 Visa:
 

Spoiler

 

17th April 2017: NOA1 Received Date

11th September 2017: RFE Issued

19th September 2017: RFE Reply Recieved

4th October 2017: NOA2 Approval date

9th October 2017: NVC Received
13th October 2017: NVC Case # Received
17th October 2017: Left NVC

23rd October 2017: Consulate Received

9th November 2017: Interview

29th November 2017: POE

8th December 2017: Wedding

 

 

AOS:
 

Spoiler

19th January 2018: NOA1 Recieved Date

25th January 2018: NOA1 Notice Date

2nd February 2018: Biometric Notice Date

23rd February 2018: Biometric Appointment

30th March 2018: Interview Notice Date

9th May 2018: AOS Interview Appointment

9th May 2018: I-485 Approved

14th May 2018: I-797 for I-485 Received

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2017 at 4:53 PM, CopperChem said:

Thanks, Rashmi was worried that she might have to deal with that woman again. She had her for the student visa also and it wasn't a good experience. I think she had to come back and interview a second time because of her. Hopefully you get your visa shortly and can make the trip back state side peacefully.

As an FYI you can get a flight from Kathmandu to Incheon to Detroit on I think Wednesday and Friday leaving days. It is Korean Airways/Delta. Makes your POE Detroit instead of an overseas location. Though from Grand Rapids I assume that you can go through Chicago nearly as easily.

Thanks for the heads up. I will definitely look into that.

By the way, the embassy asked me to wait at least a week to 10 days to get an email about my visa. They took only 3 days and my passport and visa were ready to be collected. 
Good luck with yours! This interview should go relatively well compared to the student visa one. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2017 at 10:17 AM, Sayurichan28 said:

Thanks for the heads up. I will definitely look into that.

By the way, the embassy asked me to wait at least a week to 10 days to get an email about my visa. They took only 3 days and my passport and visa were ready to be collected. 
Good luck with yours! This interview should go relatively well compared to the student visa one. :) 

BTW I was looking at that flight pair wrong it is Tuesday and Friday from KTM to Incheon. Lands in the US on Wednesday and Saturday. The nice thing about that flight set is a single layover in a nice airport and only 24-25 hours at most to get back to the US.


K1 Visa:
 

Spoiler

 

17th April 2017: NOA1 Received Date

11th September 2017: RFE Issued

19th September 2017: RFE Reply Recieved

4th October 2017: NOA2 Approval date

9th October 2017: NVC Received
13th October 2017: NVC Case # Received
17th October 2017: Left NVC

23rd October 2017: Consulate Received

9th November 2017: Interview

29th November 2017: POE

8th December 2017: Wedding

 

 

AOS:
 

Spoiler

19th January 2018: NOA1 Recieved Date

25th January 2018: NOA1 Notice Date

2nd February 2018: Biometric Notice Date

23rd February 2018: Biometric Appointment

30th March 2018: Interview Notice Date

9th May 2018: AOS Interview Appointment

9th May 2018: I-485 Approved

14th May 2018: I-797 for I-485 Received

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×