hanwidz

Naturalization under 5 years rules

7 posts in this topic

I'm gonna submit my N-400 form under 5 years rules. I've been married with my U.S. citizen husband for 7 years. But i still not sure what kind of docs do i need to submit for this rule? I checked on the docs checklist and just wants to make sure from you guys.

And i'm pretty confuse right now about the Part 12 about #7A & #7B, for 7A i said No ( i file jointly with husband ) and what should i answer for 7B? No or blank or N/A?

My husband was divorce (1x) and should i submit his divorce decree along with all the docs?

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
10 hours ago, hanwidz said:

And i'm pretty confuse right now about the Part 12 about #7A & #7B, for 7A i said No ( i file jointly with husband ) and what should i answer for 7B? No or blank or N/A?

If you answered "no" to #7A, then leave #7B blank since it doesn't apply to you (based on how you answered #7A).  Remember, #7B starts with IF yes...

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Timeline
11 hours ago, hanwidz said:

I'm gonna submit my N-400 form under 5 years rules. I've been married with my U.S. citizen husband for 7 years. But i still not sure what kind of docs do i need to submit for this rule? I checked on the docs checklist and just wants to make sure from you guys.

My husband was divorce (1x) and should i submit his divorce decree along with all the docs?

Thanks

I filed under 5 year rule and here is the cover letter  with all the documents I send , ( make sure its only copies  you send and bring originals to the interview incase they ask to see it 

Dear Sir / Madam ,

Please find enclosed the Application for Naturalization Form N-400
for First Name Last Name , 
  A# xx xxxx xxx, Resident since xx xxx
Enclosed please find in order of attachment :

A—1) Authorization for Credit Card Transaction Form G-1450 
       2) e_Notification of Application/Petion Acceptance Form G-1145
B—The Completed and signed N-400 Application 
C—Front and Back of my Permanent Green Card
D—Current Passport and expired Passport
E—Evidence that my Spouse has been a U.S. Citizen 
      Copy of his birth certificate 
F—Evidence that my Spouse has been a U.S. Citizen 
       Copy of his current passport
G-  Divorce certificate"s
H—Evidence of our marriage and on-going relationship
         1) Certified copy of our marriage certificate
         2) 2014, 2015 and 2016 Tax Transcripts showing Joint Married Filing
         3) Joint bank account statements spanning from  2011 to 2017
          (samples—not every statement—Supplement to bank account statements 
         4) Joint investment statement (Started 2/2015) Updated 8/30/2016
         5) Most recent mortgage/home equity line of credit statement
           showing joint ownership of our House 
         6) Utility Bills ( Electric , Water, Gas, Property Taxes, spanning from  2011 to 2017  showing both our names
         7) Credit card Statements 

129f for K1 visa filed in march 07 check my timeline for full info

03 March 2008 , received welcome letter and 2 year GC yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

22 NOV 2009 to lift condition GC expires 22 Feb 2010

24 Nov 09 send in I 751 ( ROC , in VT )

25 Nov 09 Your item was delivered at 12:10 PM in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479 to INS .

30 Nov 09 Check Cashed

21 Dec 09 biometric

On March 9, 2010, we ordered production of your new card.

12 March 2010 received approval letter in mail

16 March 2010 10 year Green Card received in mail exp date March 09 / 2020

April 14/2017 send N400 

04/25/17 credit card charged 

04/25/17 e mail NOA send 

05/01/17 hard copy of NOA dated 04/25 received in mail

05/06/17 biometric hard copy in mail 

05/19/17 Biometric appointment in Hartford CT 

07/17/17 Inline for Interview 

07/24/17 Interview letter in mail 

08/24/17 Interview in Springfield MA ... Yes Aproved

09/14/17 Oath Ceremony .... done I am a US citizen

09/22/17 Applied for Passport ( per reg mail ) 

10/04/17 got passport in mail  

10/13/17 got certificate in mail  , updated status with social security office 

AM DONE YEAHHHHHHHHHHH 

12 hours ago, Going through said:

If you answered "no" to #7A, then leave #7B blank since it doesn't apply to you (based on how you answered #7A).  Remember, #7B starts with IF yes...

Will do, thanks much

11 hours ago, Lona.C. said:

I filed under 5 year rule and here is the cover letter  with all the documents I send , ( make sure its only copies  you send and bring originals to the interview incase they ask to see it 

Dear Sir / Madam ,

Please find enclosed the Application for Naturalization Form N-400
for First Name Last Name , 
  A# xx xxxx xxx, Resident since xx xxx
Enclosed please find in order of attachment :

A—1) Authorization for Credit Card Transaction Form G-1450 
       2) e_Notification of Application/Petion Acceptance Form G-1145
B—The Completed and signed N-400 Application 
C—Front and Back of my Permanent Green Card
D—Current Passport and expired Passport
E—Evidence that my Spouse has been a U.S. Citizen 
      Copy of his birth certificate 
F—Evidence that my Spouse has been a U.S. Citizen 
       Copy of his current passport
G-  Divorce certificate"s
H—Evidence of our marriage and on-going relationship
         1) Certified copy of our marriage certificate
         2) 2014, 2015 and 2016 Tax Transcripts showing Joint Married Filing
         3) Joint bank account statements spanning from  2011 to 2017
          (samples—not every statement—Supplement to bank account statements 
         4) Joint investment statement (Started 2/2015) Updated 8/30/2016
         5) Most recent mortgage/home equity line of credit statement
           showing joint ownership of our House 
         6) Utility Bills ( Electric , Water, Gas, Property Taxes, spanning from  2011 to 2017  showing both our names
         7) Credit card Statements 

Thank you for the lists

Timeline

You don't need to send any evidence of your current marriage (none of the stuff listed under H is required) with the 5-year application...you can just bring it to the interview, so it's up to you whether you want to send that stuff or not.

The only thing extra I included was a copy of my current passport (I figured it would help them confirm my travel dates faster), and a copy of my State ID to further prove my residence.

Best of luck in your filing!

Edited by Going through

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

15 hours ago, Going through said:

You don't need to send any evidence of your current marriage (none of the stuff listed under H is required) with the 5-year application...you can just bring it to the interview, so it's up to you whether you want to send that stuff or not.

The only thing extra I included was a copy of my current passport (I figured it would help them confirm my travel dates faster), and a copy of my State ID to further prove my residence.

Best of luck in your filing!

No, i am not sending the utility bills/ any co-mingling docs.

Anyway, this is a silly question about Part 10 for question #4F when it stated, Country ( foreign address only ), so i should just leave it blank ? and just choose my  State?

25 minutes ago, hanwidz said:

No, i am not sending the utility bills/ any co-mingling docs.

Anyway, this is a silly question about Part 10 for question #4F when it stated, Country ( foreign address only ), so i should just leave it blank ? and just choose my  State?

Nevermind about this question, it was automatic written USA when i chose my State :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.