Jump to content
Habibati & Habibi

Advance Parole

12 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi VJ

I would like to inquire about I-131 Application for travel document. A sa far as I understand this document allow you to travel outside the USA when your AOS is procesed by the CIS.

so if I dont apply for Advance parole when filling for AOS and later on something show up that I need to tarvel outside the USA, is ok to apply then for advance parole? again , if I will received Green card (conditionnel or permanante) and I want to travel outside the USA do I still need to apply for advance parole?

pleae advice me.

thank you


----------------------------------------------

Diversity is the Spice of life and I add ; translation is the mother of all sciences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Habibati & Habibi said:

Hi VJ

I would like to inquire about I-131 Application for travel document. A sa far as I understand this document allow you to travel outside the USA when your AOS is procesed by the CIS.

so if I dont apply for Advance parole when filling for AOS and later on something show up that I need to tarvel outside the USA, is ok to apply then for advance parole? again , if I will received Green card (conditionnel or permanante) and I want to travel outside the USA do I still need to apply for advance parole?

pleae advice me.

thank you

You can apply for AP later on after filing for AOS but you will have to pay a fee for it to be processed. While if you filed for it at the same time as AOS then you would not have to pay the AP fee. 

 

If you receive either your 2 year then you do not need the AP at all because you have already received your green card. Once you file for ROC your NOA1 and the paperwork saying that they extended your green card for 1 year until that is processed suffices as your AP to leave the country. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks for the answer and explanation. However, you just mentioned the fees when applying for Advance parole during the AOS normally it is 575 dollar, so how much it coast if I apply for it later?

could you please tell- of course according to your experience- how long does it take to receive the green card? and I mean here people with AOS through K1.

thank you


----------------------------------------------

Diversity is the Spice of life and I add ; translation is the mother of all sciences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

You can apply for AP later on after filing for AOS but you will have to pay a fee for it to be processed. While if you filed for it at the same time as AOS then you would not have to pay the AP fee. 

 

If you receive either your 2 year then you do not need the AP at all because you have already received your green card. Once you file for ROC your NOA1 and the paperwork saying that they extended your green card for 1 year until that is processed suffices as your AP to leave the country. 

that's not true. you don't have to apply right away. i decided to apply for AP half a year after i've applied for AOS as it turns out i need to go abroad for work, and i just received my receipt notice from the USCIS saying they've accepted my application (listing fees as $0) and are working on my AP.


Timeline:

 

  • AOS application submitted: 1/28/17
  • NOA1 for 130/765: 2/24/17
  • NOA1 for 485: 3/2/17
  • Biometrics letter: 3/11/17
  • Biometrics appointment: 3/30/17
  • EAD in production: 5/23/17
  • EAD received: 5/26/17
  • AP application received: 9/15/17 
  • AP application approved: 12/2/17 
  • Interview Notice received: 12/23/17
  • AOS Interview: 1/23/18
  • Approval email/texts: 2/8/18
  • Green Card mailed (hopefully): 2/14/18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's no reason not to apply for AP when you file for AOS, it's for free and you send it in the same package as your AOS application.

 

You can file for AP afterwards as well, it doesn't cost you anything (other than the shipping) as long as you send it with proof of a pending i-485. So it's not correct to say that there will be a fee if you file for AP after you file for AOS.

 

Once your AOS is approved the AP will be invalid as it's no longer needed. All you need then is your greencard.

Edited by Scandi

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016 (260 days)

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017 (108 days)

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017 (132 days)

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017 (217 days)

 

ROC: 04-19-2019 earliest filing date

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, antoineD said:

that's not true. you don't have to apply right away. i decided to apply for AP half a year after i've applied for AOS as it turns out i need to go abroad for work, and i just received my receipt notice from the USCIS saying they've accepted my application (listing fees as $0) and are working on my AP.

 

so when you say that they have accapted your application (listing fees as $0 ) did you mean that they are working on your AP for free and you dont have to pay for the application fee?


----------------------------------------------

Diversity is the Spice of life and I add ; translation is the mother of all sciences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Habibati & Habibi said:

so when you say that they have accapted your application (listing fees as $0 ) did you mean that they are working on your AP for free and you dont have to pay for the application fee?

You don't pay anything as long as you have a pending i-485.

 

Like I said before, there's no reason not to file for AP already when you file for AOS, why wait? Send all applications together.


K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016 (260 days)

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017 (108 days)

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017 (132 days)

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017 (217 days)

 

ROC: 04-19-2019 earliest filing date

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

please peopel here , make things clear for me. when adjusting the status the AP is for free, I dont have to pay for it? on the USCIS website it says it coast 575 dollar. is EAD as well free?

Edited by Habibati & Habibi

----------------------------------------------

Diversity is the Spice of life and I add ; translation is the mother of all sciences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Habibati & Habibi said:

please peopel here , make things clear for me. when adjusting the status the AP is for free, I dont have to pay for it? on the USCIS website it says it coast 575 dollar. is EAD as well free?

Both are for free. When you file for AOS, EAD and AP all you pay is $1140 for the i-485 and $85 for biometrics. 

 

I-485 = $1140

Biometrics = $85

I-131 = $0

I-765 = $0

 

Total = $1225


K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016 (260 days)

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017 (108 days)

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017 (132 days)

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017 (217 days)

 

ROC: 04-19-2019 earliest filing date

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Read under "special instructions": https://www.uscis.gov/i-485

 

Filing Forms I-765 and I-131 with Form I-485

If you are filing Form I-485 (or already filed a Form I-485 on or after July 30, 2007), you do not have to pay an additional fee to also file a Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization and/or Form I-131, Application for Travel Documentfor advance parole. You may file these forms together. If you choose not to file Form I-765 and/or Form I-131 with your Form I-485, then you must submit a copy of your I-797C, Notice of Action, receipt as evidence of that you filed a Form I-485.


K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016 (260 days)

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017 (108 days)

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017 (132 days)

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017 (217 days)

 

ROC: 04-19-2019 earliest filing date

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×