JandA17

Sydney Embassy

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Just received this yesterday-ย 

The U.S. Embassy in SYDNEY, ASTL approved your request for expedited processing of your immigrant visa application. The National Visa Center sent your petition to this U.S. Embassy for their action. The Embassy will contact you soon to schedule a visa interview.

ย 

My question is, do theyย actually go quicker or is this their normal notification.

ย 

Is their a recent list of questions they ask on here for the interview?ย 

ย 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Once we received the expedited processing things seemed to go super quick . Organise your Medical , make sure you have your AFP police check , your affidavit of support and any other information they ask for . You will get an email that details all you need . The police check and the Medical take a little time so I would do it sooner rather than later . Then you fill out your ds160 pay the fee and they will schedule your interview. All questions were basic , when/How did you meet . When propose, last visit etc. Good luck you are on the final straight :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

AMAZING!!! DS160 complete and police checks are in process - no convictions so no problems. Immunisations are all up to date and affidavits filled out. I guess I am just waiting for more information from them now ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

back to watching the clock ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I can also confirm that it goes pretty quick once it goes from the NVC to Sydney. See: our timeline. It went very quick for us and luckily we had everything in order.

Victoria & Nicholas

Spoiler

ย 

August 2009: Met online

October 2013: First in-person visit

February 2016: Second in-person visit

July 2016: Third in-person visit

March 2017: Fourth in-person visit (Got engaged March 13th, 2017).ย 
October 2017: Got married on October 21, 2017!

ย 

ย 

I-129F

Spoiler

03/20/2017: Application sent to Dallas lockbox via USPS Priority Mail

03/22/2017: Application delivered and signed for.

03/27/2017: Check for I-129F payment cashed.

03/28/2017: Text and email NOA1 received.

04/03/2017: Hard copy NOA1 received.

07/18/2017: Petition approved and NOA2 sent out.

07/22/2017: NOA2 hard copy received.

07/28/2017:ย NVC received case from USCIS.

08/02/2017: Case number assigned.ย 

08/03/2017: Case changed to "In Transit".

08/11/2017: Embassy received case.

08/11/2017: Medical!

08/20/2017: Interview date assigned.

08/29/2017: Interview! (APPROVED!!)

09/01/2017: Non-immigrant case created in CEAC.

09/04/2017: Status changed to Administrative processing.

09/05/2017: Status changed to Issued.

09/06/2017: Visa in hand!

09/14/2017: POE!

10/21/2017: Got married!

ย 

I-485 (and EAD + AP)

Spoiler

11/26/2017: I-485 (Plus EAD and AP applications) sent to Chicago.

ย 

ย 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.