jle2234

Important Note For Canadian Filers

19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you for the update @jle2234. I just wanted to confirm, have you been corresponding with the consulate at this email: montreal-iv-dv@state.gov

I emailed my travel plans to them yesterday evening and haven't heard back yet. I used the subject: Name  - Case Number - Travel Plans. But I don't think that caught their attention. My flight is October 21 though, so there is time. 

Also you had mentioned above that your passport was mailed on Monday, September 25th. Where had you seen this? Was it communicated to you by consulate in email? Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
20 hours ago, Toronto88 said:

Thank you for the update @jle2234. I just wanted to confirm, have you been corresponding with the consulate at this email: montreal-iv-dv@state.gov

I emailed my travel plans to them yesterday evening and haven't heard back yet. I used the subject: Name  - Case Number - Travel Plans. But I don't think that caught their attention. My flight is October 21 though, so there is time. 

Also you had mentioned above that your passport was mailed on Monday, September 25th. Where had you seen this? Was it communicated to you by consulate in email? Thanks!

You are putting basically the same thing I did in the subject line.  I always put "Case Number Travel Plans".

You will get an email when your passport is mailed.  There is also a website where you can track the status of your case after the interview (http://ais.usvisa-info.com).  It will link to your CEAC status until your passport is mailed.  After your passport is mailed, it will show your Canada Post tracking number instead of your status.

Congratulations on your visa approval, @Toronto88!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I had my interview on the 27th of Sept in Montreal and I picked up my passport yesterday. Did not have to notify them of any travel plans, so maybe it is for CR-1 visas only?

Edited by Orit.d

K1 Visa                                                                                                                AOS                                                                                ROC

Feb 23/17 -  NOA1  ··· July  07/17 - NOA2                                                      Nov 14/17 Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765                         Jan 26/20 Mailed I-751 

Aug 07/17 -  at NVC ···  Aug 09/17 -  Case # Assigned                                Nov 16 & 20/17 - NOA's                                              Jan 30/20 - NOA

Aug 10/17 - Consulate Rec ···  Aug 12+14/17 - Packet 3/4                        Dec 20/18 Biometrics Appt                                     Mar 02/20 Biometrics Appt 

Aug 28/17 - Medical ···  Sep 27/17 - Interview Approved!                           Jan 25/18 - EAD/AP Approved                                 Oct 14/20 New Card Being Produced Approved!   

Oct 02/17 - Visa In Hand ···  Oct 22/17 -  POE · Peace Bridge                     Feb 01/18 - EAD/AP Card Received                         Oct 21/20 - New Card Received

Nov 01/17 - Married!                                                                                           Mar 13/18 - AOS Interview Approved!                     ??? ??/21 - ...N400?

Mar 21/18 -  Green Card Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.