Meils

K1 visa medical London HELP - are my medical documents ok!?

9 posts in this topic

Hi all, 

I have my K-1 visa medical in London coming up this Wednesday. I have never been hospitalised or had any serious injuries or illnesses and I have no ongoing health issues.  I requested a GP summary and vaccination records from my GP and when I finally got hold of my medical documents two days ago this is what they gave me:

1. A cover letter signed by my GP stating only "no significant past issues" 

2. My full medical records dating between 1999 (when I was 5 years old) to the present date

3. My vaccination records dating from 1994 (the year I was born) to the present date

Is it ok there are no records between 1994 -1999. I've spent a while on here trying to find a definitive answer and I'm just getting myself worried. Could anyone tell me whether this is enough medical information to bring with me? Will I have problems at the medical if I cannot get old of those missing years? 

Also, I have everything else needed for the medical; medical questionnaire, police certificate etc. 

Any help on this would be hugely appreciated as I am getting pretty nervous :P 

Thanks!

Meils 

I had my medical within the US so it might be slightly different. However I only provided my vaccination record 

I had my medical last week. Im the same age as you. What you have there is totally sufficient, since you have had no serious illness, injury etc in those years. good luck!

K1 Visa

Spoiler

Met: January 2014
Filed K1: April 2017
I-129F received: 4/10/17
I-129F NOA1: 4/13/17
I-129F NOA2: 8/19/17

NVC received our case: 9/01/17

NVC assigned a case number: 9/01/17

Case Ready: 9/08/17

Visa Medical: 9/21/17

Visa Interview - Approved: 10/17/17

P.O.E: 11/20/17

AOS

Spoiler

Filed AOS,AP,EAD: 02/16/18

Case received: 02/21/18

Case NOA1: 02/26/18

RFIE: 03/14/18 (birth cert translation Eng:Eng) 

Interview: 06/25/2018

Green card issued: 07/11/2018

EAD/AP received: 07/16/2018

Green Card received: 07/18/2018

ROC

Packet mailed: 04/14/20

Packet received/NOA date: 04/17/20
NOA and extension received: never received 

Non-delivery notice sent: 5/17/20

NOA re-mailed: 5/19/20

2nd NOA received: 5/23/20

Yeah I think that's the really important one, which is good as I have it,  but for London there's a new requirement for medical records. Thank you anyway :) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, Meils said:

1. A cover letter signed by my GP stating only "no significant past issues" 

2. My full medical records dating between 1999 (when I was 5 years old) to the present date

3. My vaccination records dating from 1994 (the year I was born) to the present date

You only need 1 and 3. They do not ask to see your full records. More important is do you have all the required shots for AOS so you can get signed off on jabs and not have to pay a civil surgeon to do that in the US.

2 MMR

tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis or tetanus/diphtheria within the last 10'yrs.

Flu jab should be marked "not flu season" by Knightsbridge since the season starts Oct 1. Make sure they do that.

Tell them you had  chickenpox and make sure they mark "Varicella history" on your form.

That should get 2 jabs waived for your AOS requirements.

Edited by Wuozopo

I guess what I was getting at was I wasn't sure if the GP cover letter, with that single statement "no significant past issues" would be enough, since my GP didn't actually get me a medical summary, which is a phaff, so I thought I should have all my medical records with me incase, so thank you very much Wuozopo for putting my mind at ease! 

I have most of my shots and an upcoming appointment at my local GP so hopefully all will be fine there and thank you for the chickenpox tip and flu tip, good call! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, Meils said:

I guess what I was getting at was I wasn't sure if the GP cover letter, with that single statement "no significant past issues" would be enough, since my GP didn't actually get me a medical summary, which is a phaff, so I thought I should have all my medical records with me incase, so thank you very much Wuozopo for putting my mind at ease! 

I have most of my shots and an upcoming appointment at my local GP so hopefully all will be fine there and thank you for the chickenpox tip and flu tip, good call! 

Several others have recently been to Knightsbridge with only a statement of no issues from their GP and were fine. It's a very recent thing people are doing because that was never asked for before.

If you don't get your shots before your medical, then you will have to pay a civil surgeon in the US to sign you off. USCIS does not accept shot records from your GP. It must be an immigration form signed off with everything by either the panel physician (Knightsbridge) or a US civil surgeon. Knightsbridge clinic will act like you can just get additional shots later but they truly do not understand the K1 AOS process. You will pay again if all needed shots are not on the immunization form they fill out. I was lacking one shot and I asked them to hold my results until I could get it. My GP's nurse faxed it to them and it made it to my form before going off to the embassy. 

Oh right! I didn't know that - I just assumed as long as I got all my shots before applying for AOS would be fine. Perhaps best thing would be for me to get my remaining shots at knightsbridge. Thanks for the heads up! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.