Seth And Quynh

Very Happy With CR-1 Route 9 Months To Approved

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I'm Extremely Happy how things turned out for me and my wife and how quick the process went, it only took 9 months to get her visa approved and i'm shocked that it took less time then attended. i heard the average case for CR-1 takes 12-14 Months, But we also got the Vermont  Potomac service center so it went quickly there. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 minute ago, SJ & J said:

Congratulations!!!  How long did it take at NVC?  We are coming up on 5 weeks since they received all of the paperwork (AOS and IV). 

about April 18th to July 26th takes a while for the nvc because they have to allow 11 weeks to process documents

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Seth And Quynh said:

about April 18th to July 26th takes a while for the nvc because they have to allow 11 weeks to process documents

So after you mailed in all of your forms to NVC is took nearly 3 months?

1 hour ago, Seth And Quynh said:

I'm Extremely Happy how things turned out for me and my wife and how quick the process went, it only took 9 months to get her visa approved and i'm shocked that it took less time then attended. i heard the average case for CR-1 takes 12-14 Months, But we also got the Vermont  Potomac service center so it went quickly there. 

Where did u had ur interview? 

Congrats! Ours came in about 10 months. Feels so good once it's all over.

CR-1 Visa Timeline

USCIS

7/27/2016: I-130 mailed.

8/02/2016: NOA1.

2/17/2017: NOA2.

2/24/2017: I-130 sent to NVC.

NVC

3/03/2017:  I-130 received.

3/09/2017: Case # and invoice # received, AOS and IV fees paid.

3/16/2017: DS-260 submitted; AOS and IV packets sent with EP.

4/06/2017: Case complete.

Consulate

4/15/2017: Interview email (P4).

5/09/2017: Medical.

5/15/2017: Interview.

5/19/2017: Visa in hand.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USA

5/20/2017: POE.

6/10/2017: Green card received.

7/05/2017: SSN card received (had to apply in person).  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lifting Conditions

4/19/2019: Filed I-751

5/01/2019: NOA (CSC)

7/22/2019: Case transferred to National Benefits Center

12/20/2019: Biometrics Appointment

2/12/2020: Interview Date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Seth And Quynh said:

Vermont,Potomac Really Fast Service center

Congrats on your approval. Indeed, Potomac is quite efficient. It's Virginia (Arlington).

lucky you and congratulations :) it's been 13 months for me, of which I've spent 4 waiting for an interview date - 9 months seems very reasonable and i hope USCIS/NVC/embassies are able to extend this timeline to all applicants. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.