Kathleen72

Hello from Illinois USA

13 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

how old is your pakistan fiance? are you from the same religion? did you convert?  have you guys actually MET in person?? how many times have you met in person? 

you can either do a k1 or a cr1.  i suggest you read the guides. 

My fiancé is 32, no we are not the same religion, he’s Muslim I’m Christian, no we haven’t met in person yet, plan on spending New Years together in South Korea, we are planning on getting married next year and doing a Cr-1. I will look at the guides Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

that is what i figured. you are born in 72 so he is younger then you and not the same religous. AND you arent married yet and already talking about marriage:/ 

good luck! you are going to have a very VERY tough time getting married.  also, you would need to convert to muslim. check out the other pakistan threads and see what must be done to bring a guy to america.  also, the fact you are talking about marriage before even meeting is a huge red flag. oh, and you will need alot more facetime then meeting just once! it is goint to be very costly as well! a greencard alone is 1200$ not including the travel and other fees. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Does he live in South Korea?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Kathleen72 said:

Hello everyone, just joined this site to get information for me and my Pakistani fiancé to help us go in the right direction toward having a successful visa outcome. 

You're very close to me! I'm from Beardstown!

MEETING

April 7th, 2017: Met Maricel in a Facebook group created by a friend of mine.

May 17th, 2017: Flying to Manila to see Maricel for the first time.

May 18th, 2017: Met Maricel at the airport in Manila.

May 24th, 2017: Proposed to Maricel and got engaged.

May 30th, 2017: Returned to the USA from the Philippines.

January 25th, 2018: Next trip to the Philippines! Chicago-Taipei-Manila

February 6th, 2018: Return back to the US

April 9th, 2018: Next trip to the Philippines, this time to spend time with Maricel's family and bring her back to the USA!

April 18th, 2018: Departing the Philippines for the USA! POE: Chicago, Illinois

June 16th, 2018: Wedding day!

I-129F / K1 VISA APPLICATION PROCESS

June 1st, 2017: Completed and mailed the I-129f package.

June 6th, 2017: Received NOA1. Petition routed to the California Service Center

September 14th, 2017: Maricel attended her morning CFO seminar in Manila.

December 31st, 2017: Received RFE from USCIS - Needed G325a from both of us.

January 5th, 2018: Mailed back RFE reply

January 8th, 2018: California Service Center received our RFE reply.

January 23rd, 2018: Received NOA2!

February 2nd, 2018: NVC received our petition, assigned MNL case number and forwarded our petition to the US Embassy in Manila.

February 3rd, 2018: Submitted the DS-160.

February 5th, 2018: Paid embassy fee at BPI

February 12th, 2018: Medical exam at St Luke's Extension Clinic in Ermita, Manila. -PASSED

February 26th, 2018: Embassy interview in Manila at 7:10am -PASSED

March 1st, 2018: Visa in hand!

March 5th: Going back to CFO to get her sticker. -PASSED

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS PROCESS

July 13th, 2018: Mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131 to USCIS Chicago lock box.

July 31st, 2018: AOS case accepted by USCIS, and routed to National Benefits Center for Processing.

August 14th, 2018: Received RFE for I-485, sent response.

August 24th, 2018: Biometrics appointment in St Louis, Missouri

August 30th, 2018: E-mail notice that her interview is ready to be scheduled!

March 11th, 2019: Interview day! - PASSED

March 14th, 2019: Green card has been mailed!

March 18th, 2019: Green card in hand! (Next step not until 1 year and 9 months from issue date. AKA Removal of Conditions)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS PROCESS

December 21,2020: Filed for Removal of Conditions I-751

January 30,2021: NOA - Nebraska Service Center - 18-month extension!

images.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Welcome to VJ.

Also IL here.

Visit often and stay as long as you can for bona fide relationship evidence.

I would not recommend marrying on the first visit because that can be a red flag.
You will be in security checks for many months, some over a year(s).
This will take a long time so brace yourself, buckle your seat belt and read a lot on the forums on how to prepare a quality
front loaded petition and read what others before you experienced in your regional forum which is specific for your embassy,
also read the embassy reviews.
Double and triple check what the requirements are to marry in SK because often one of you has to be a legal resident before marriage
applications are approved in varies countries. We tried that and failed (though not SK) due to stupid bureaucratic stuff that changed
after I got there.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You do not have to convert

a muslim man can marry a Christain

a muslim woman has to marry a muslim man to make sure the children are bought up in Islam

i and many others have not converted

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

@Kathleen72 It's important that you understand that people aren't being cynical here - they are trying to be realistic for you. When they say that people from Pakistan have a difficult time getting visas, it's because they have been reading these boards for years, and have seen, for years, people from Pakistan have difficult time getting visas. There are couples on here who have been married 5+ years and have lived together overseas for years who cannot get a CR1 visa. So meeting one time in a third country, and getting married seems like the attempt of someone who may very well love someone else, but just not be very well informed yet. 

My fiance (from Morocco, not Pakistan), we met and filed K1 after one meeting - read the rules, figured we would be fine, we are both Muslim - had not looked into it, and did not get our visa. I really wish I had done more research - I would have spent a lot more time with him before proceeding the way we did. No one on here is being malicious or trying to say you don't love your fiance - most of us met our other half online - but are you really truly prepared to have a long distance relationship - like it is now - for possibly the next five years or more - are you prepared for the possibility he may NEVER get his visa? 

Here is a link to the Pakistani portal where you can connect with other members who are attempting to get visas through Pakistan:

http://www.visajourney.com/portals/index.php?country=Pakistan  In it, you can look at timelines for specific types of visa applications and the length people are waiting for K1 or CR1 and how much Administrative Processing (background security checks) they are having to go through. During the CR1 process it can also be sent back to the US and you have to have it re-affirmed, or appeal their decision not to grant a visa, as some people are doing. 

If you really love this man, after you meet him in South Korea (and that may or may not be safe for you - maybe Turkey is safer?) then you need to look into Islam and how you feel about converting and how you would feel about living in Pakistan, because a journey in the US may or may not work out. I love my fiance, soon to be husband, but I don't know that I could ever live in Morocco - I've been there three times and it's just too foreign for me, and I'm Muslim! You have a lot to research and a lot to think about while you are on this journey. 

Good luck to you. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
19 hours ago, caliliving said:

that is what i figured. you are born in 72 so he is younger then you and not the same religous. AND you arent married yet and already talking about marriage:/ 

good luck! you are going to have a very VERY tough time getting married.  also, you would need to convert to muslim. check out the other pakistan threads and see what must be done to bring a guy to america.  also, the fact you are talking about marriage before even meeting is a huge red flag. oh, and you will need alot more facetime then meeting just once! it is goint to be very costly as well! a greencard alone is 1200$ not including the travel and other fees. 

Wrong, she does not need to convert. I'm Catholic my husband is Muslim and we were married in Jordan, a Muslim country. Muslim men can marry Christians, Jews and other Muslims. Talking about marriage before meeting isn't a red flag, many couples do the same and have no problems getting a visa. Also, I am 21 years older than my husband and age was never brought up at any point during our journey. A visa cannot be denied based on age alone, it's discrimination.

OP: the biggest hurdle you'll have is the fact that your husband to be is from Pakistan. Pakistan is one of the most difficult countries for people to get a visa from. If you head over the the Pakistan portal you can reach out to other couples who are and have gone through the process. Good luck!