Megmar0616

New rules?? Help!!

40 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, skimmilk said:

I really wish people would stop freaking out about this. Yes the president has announced this "new" rule but there is another thread IN THIS SAME FORUM about this issue. This "rule" will take a lot of time to become an approved policy and then enforced by the several immigration agencies (CBP, ICE, USCIS etc), which operate separately. 

Also, I'm biased because I came on a tourist visa and now I'm in AoS. But I don't think there's anything wrong with that scenario. People commit fraud with spouse/fiance visas too and all the other available visas too. I don't perceive one method as easier or harder. The chosen method depends on the couple, who they are as people, and their life's circumstances. To say that people shouldn't be allowed to marry and AoS just because the foreigner came on a tourist visa comes across as very ignorant to me. It won't stop fradulent couples at all anyways.

exactly! so many people seek a USC to marry and then divorce quickly bc it is the ONLY way for them to get to america (countries that do not give out tourist visas).  people are too quick to judge about the overstay.  also, less people from canada/ vwp actually divorce within 2 years because they are low fraud countries and people can easily visit, are from wealthier countries and therfore a greencard is not the end 'goal' for a better life. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

I am totally happy with these new rules. More right amazing rules for the right immigration and right people. No more BS. Trump rocks, that's why I voted for him.

I'm sorry, but I've been away from my husband for a year and I'm almost at the 8 month mark still awaiting for approval, and many people have been waiting longer. 

I'm absolutely on board, if this means that maybe people won't be able to abuse as much. Even though some do randomly fall in love and adjust status inside and didn't have an immigrant intent, the truth is most of them know it's easier for them to marry on a tourist VISA and bypass the proper channels. I mean who wants to be away from their loved ones for over a year, right?

But fair is fair. Just as we have to endure a long and complex process because a lot of people commit immigration fraud, even if we are in love and have good intentions.

Either change the system and make it better for everyone, or don't allow loopholes. 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

Concur - and we suffered with separation just like most here.  This new rule is being put in place to close a wide open loophole that a lot of people have been taking advantage of.  It is impossible to believe that arriving in the US, marrying in a few weeks, and adjusting status happens very often on an "unplanned" basis.  Marriage is a huge decision and if being separated/not separated for a few months makes a difference then maybe the relationship is not all that strong in the first place.

Those that are here for different reasons?  Students, workers, etc who meet someone here and decide to get married would be unaffected by this and that was the intent for this AOS process in the first place.  That is why B visas have always been technically (in the rulebooks anyway) exempted as a valid path to immigration.  This is not a new rule, it is one of what are probably several right ways to weed out "visitors" who bypassed the existing rules.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

And as said u visited and now AOS

looks like that was your intention

all of us that went the long route and applied K1 or CR1 will be critical 

it is personal to us

Filed: Country:
Timeline
2 minutes ago, kris&me said:

And as said u visited and now AOS

looks like that was your intention

all of us that went the long route and applied K1 or CR1 will be critical 

it is personal to us

I was lucky enough to have my fiance visit while the k1 was pending and at the end of the trip it was very hard to take her to the airport and watch her leave so she could finish the process the correct way. so yes I agree with the post above fully and I will be critical of people who jump the line because they don't want to be apart. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

I think this new immigration rule or procedure is very fresh and all the people in your situation are now kind of lost. You guys got married and wanted to apply for AOS and there is no point of judging you now. What I personally think is best is to consult an immigration lawyer now. Take care

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I've read the whole topic with a lot of interest and I'd like to put my 2ct in.

When you are new like me and start researching its all very confusing. Theres nowhere you see that states that you can't get married on an esta or visa and you start wondering why not more people go that route. After all, it will take you to your lover much faster and it's cheaper. So what's up with that?

I am a researcher by trade, so I dig deep and want to know every detail. But even after months of almost daily reading and researching, it's still not clear to me why the 'wrong way round' is so wrong. All I can go by is you people telling me it's wrong. But just because you did it the long way around and had to wait a year to be with your love is not a valid reason. In fact. I think it's a very childish and immature thing to say and it really raises my hackles every time I seen that comment. 

After several months I can now understand why the 'wrong way around' is not the best way to go, even though it's not as wrong as it's made out to be.

It's not the route you're meant to take and it can make things more difficult if your motives are questioned. That being said, I sometimes still question why not...

But I'm not. I'm going to do this the right way. But boy is it frustrating....

All this comes from a well educated person who does research for a living and has a pretty firm grasp of the English language. 

I can imagine that it's even more difficult, if not impossible, for people who are less fortunate.

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

07.10.2018 NOA-2 (200 days)

07.18.2018 case at NVC (case number available on 07.20)

7.26.2018 case at Amsterdam Consulate

7.27-2018 P3 through e-mail

08.02.2018 medical

08.14.2018 interview APPROVED 

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

AOS adjustment of status and AP/EAD 

08.27.2018 filed AOS, AP and EAD

08.30.2018 NOA-1 on all 3

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

10.04.2018 biometrics appointment Louisville

11.29.2018 AOS interview Indianapolis  

01.28.2019 AOS approved

ROC removal of conditions

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

5.28.2021 existing biometrics applied (no new biometrics done)

10.27.2021 ROC approved (no interview)

Check your case status: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Call USCIS: 800-375-5283 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.