aamirnicole

Online Marriage

54 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Why don't you meet him first and see if you can even stand him in person? Everyone is great online.  Believe me I learned the hard way.  Don't rush into it.  8 months knowing someone online is much different than being with someone in person for 8 months.  Take it slow...there is no rush.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
5 minutes ago, USAMorocco said:

Why don't you meet him first and see if you can even stand him in person? Everyone is great online.  Believe me I learned the hard way.  Don't rush into it.  8 months knowing someone online is much different than being with someone in person for 8 months.  Take it slow...there is no rush.

Everyone?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
13 hours ago, NikLR said:

You filed AFTER the marriage was consummated  (aka you spent time together after marriage but before filing) which is the difference between what you did and what the OP is suggesting. 

Since the term "consummated" has been thrown about in this thread, it's worth noting that for immigration purposes, the term is defined as what is in bold and blue above.  What you do during that time is your own business.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline
1 hour ago, Boiler said:

Everyone?

Lol well for the most part....I mean there are always exceptions to the rule. Most people when meeting online for friendship,relationships, business opportunities, look to make a good impression. Point being knowing someone online is different than knowing someone in person....he could be a nightmare in person or he could be he long lost love....you don't know until they meet 😝

Timeline
9 minutes ago, USAMorocco said:

Lol well for the most part....I mean there are always exceptions to the rule. Most people when meeting online for friendship,relationships, business opportunities, look to make a good impression. Point being knowing someone online is different than knowing someone in person....he could be a nightmare in person or he could be he long lost love....you don't know until they meet 😝

I agree with your theme, what would the OP say if a friend of hers was talking about someone they had never met but lived in a different State and was talking about Marriage etc

I do not get it, but see it on here a lot, often connected with high fraud Consulates.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I agree with your theme, what would the OP say if a friend of hers was talking about someone they had never met but lived in a different State and was talking about Marriage etc

I do not get it, but see it on here a lot, often connected with high fraud Consulates.

isn't Pakistan a really hard consulate? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, USAMorocco said:

isn't Pakistan a really hard consulate? 

Ohh yes

11 hours ago, aamirnicole said:

Update:

First I'd like to thank everyone for all the advice and opinions. We were able to figure out the correct way of doing this which is to file for a Fiance visa after we have met a few times 1st in Dubai and of coarse with supporting evidence (documentation, etc.) of our relationship and love. We both agree we are eager however being eager and impatient will not work through this process and if we don't accurately and correctly follow steps we could fail and that would be horrible. We will have the rest of our lives to spend together if we take caution and go step by step without trying to leap. He is 27 and I'm 36. I completely agree with meeting in Person and spending as much time together to get to know each other first is very important and he also agrees. It was more or less we are uneducated about this process and didn't know which direction to begin. So I thank you all for your advice we now know where to begin ;) I wish everyone the best of luck and a lifetime of happiness and love!

-Nicole

myaamir.jpg

Nicole also try suggesting that you may want to move to Pakistan....  Culturally marriage to a woman 9 yrs older is very rare.  You have got to think beyond.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
9 hours ago, Auds said:

Nicole also try suggesting that you may want to move to Pakistan....  Culturally marriage to a woman 9 yrs older is very rare.  You have got to think beyond.

Nikole as i saw the image of 7 Month Anniversary, It made me chuckle hard.. My wife works with kids with special needs and there is one girl in her student who when saw my photo said "ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wooooooooooooooooo sooooooooooooooooooo muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh in   nnnnnn loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee loveeeeeeeeeeeee" and she was super cute about it.

Love is blind and love hurts too. So instead of being offensive play defensive (assume you are getting hurt) and take every step carefully.  We have read, seen and suggested many people here and we understand its all rosy while you are dating or flirting online. Would you be able to deal with him in daily routine (which is going to be boring)? Married life is not adventurous and pink, Its boring .. would you be able to wake up every morning next to him and feel special? Would you be able to deal with his irritating habits and ticks (which we all have)? 

I know the answer you have right now is "yes yes yes" to all my question but don't think from the heart, think from the mind.  I met my wife on her trip  and she came back to America and we were just friends for almost a year and before she came to visit me especially and we both were scared "how will the other one smell" "would we like each other" and much more..  we were excited and nervous 'coz we didn't knew (and that too when we had already spent week traveling and knowing together in her 1st visit). We absolutely love each other and we would do anything for each other and after being sure about that and after knowing each other very well, we married and it took us 3 years to get through 'coz we were denied. And life is awesome now .. she is laying in bed reading and I am laying on floor and looking at her "Thinking gosh ..... i am lucky and thinking what is that goofy thing that I am going to do that will make her laugh hard before we call it a night. For her smile, I can do anything and for my smile she will do anything.. we know that.

Loving is easy but life is complex ... THINK ABOUT BORING MARRIED LIFE AND WOULD YOU BE ABLE TO DEAL WITH HIM AND LIFE AND STILL FEEL LOVED AND LOVE HIM BACK

In Asian country, coming to America is everything and everyone wants to come here .. but they don't know how hard life is here.. back home all they know is glimmering shinning America but they don't know the fact how hard life is here .. explain to him that as well.  None of us are negative here.. We all went through a rough patch and we speak from our experience.... we all want best for people here in VJ. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.