25 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Timeline

I went to the embassy in 2015 was denied and case sent back to the us.after six months got a reply from uscis stating that the reason was my hubby has not come to gh since we got married and secondly I didn't know his friends in the state.we didn't prove that but hv done a new application and at the stage of paying vIsa fee want to know the kind of documents or evidence I need.my hubby visited last month.the age difference is 20 I'm scared 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

So you are in Ghana?

Start with the full story, complete your time line etc, difficult for people to comment without knowing the full story.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Wel, I don't really know the process.yh I'm in gh and my husband in the state.he filled f or cr1 b in 2015 and I was denied the interview.the c o gave me a white sheet and she said she was returning all the documents back to the states.we gate a reply from the uscis and they stated the reasons I was denied.we didn't continue this case and hv filled for a new cr1 visa and currentlywaiting for interview datetime nvc was completed last week.want to know the evidence I need this tym 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Boiler said:

So you are in Ghana?

Start with the full story, complete your time line etc, difficult for people to comment without knowing the full story.

I agree with Boiler. You have to give full details.... It sounds to me tho from reading what Mogu 1 wrote is she is in Ghana and she was denied her visa from 2015 because her husband only visited her once and that was when they married and she knew none of his friends here in the states. Now husband has visited her again and they want to refile so she is asking what she needs for strong evidence to submit the second time around.. Plus age difference. My opinion u need lots of evidence.... Maybe Boiler or someone knows better then me... 

Ive already filed for my hubby who is in Ghana so I'm learning along the way. I'm in USA and hubby in Ghana, so I know what my lawyer submitted as evidence of a bona fide marriage...

Timeline
4 minutes ago, mogu1 said:

Wel, I don't really know the process.yh I'm in gh and my husband in the state.he filled f or cr1 b in 2015 and I was denied the interview.the c o gave me a white sheet and she said she was returning all the documents back to the states.we gate a reply from the uscis and they stated the reasons I was denied.we didn't continue this case and hv filled for a new cr1 visa and currentlywaiting for interview datetime nvc was completed last week.want to know the evidence I need this tym 

Oh it sounds as if going for a interview again at Ghana embassy.. My hubby isn't at that stage yet so I have no advice. Hope someone will... 

I'm waiting  the date.yh my husband is 20 yrs older.we've been married for four yrs.and I hv a child who is 5 yrs also will attend the interview my daughter is not his.but the reasons for the deny,the age didn't come up.during my first interview they asked why my daughter was not traveling with me.

Timeline
37 minutes ago, mogu1 said:

I'm waiting  the date.yh my husband is 20 yrs older.we've been married for four yrs.and I hv a child who is 5 yrs also will attend the interview my daughter is not his.but the reasons for the deny,the age didn't come up.during my first interview they asked why my daughter was not traveling with me.

Will your daughter travel with you this time? Did he file for your daughter as his step daughter?? I think you will be ok on this interview. They say to always be honest and I don't think they care about age. Maybe their concern is where your daughter will be and who will be taking care of her if u go to the states...

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Sundee said:

Will your daughter travel with you this time? Did he file for your daughter as his step daughter?? I think you will be ok on this interview. They say to always be honest and I don't think they care about age. Maybe their concern is where your daughter will be and who will be taking care of her if u go to the states...

What service center approved your petition this time? First time??

Timeline
1 hour ago, mogu1 said:

Yes my daughter Wil be traveling with me.he file as his stepdaughter 

Oh that is good. I'm sure you will pass your interview this time. Is it required that you take your daughter with you to the interview?? If she has to be there then I'm sure u will be just fine... Pls let me know when you get approved so u can tell me the questions they asked from you.. As I said, my husband is there in Ghana and one day he to will go to a interview, so pls stay in touch... Thank you

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

hopefully with more time together (they call it face time here) and the fact your child is going now, you will be successful this interview

since you have been married 4 years i am sure u have talked about everything and they can ask a lot of questions about him 

a man being older is no big deal / a woman being older is

they never will or should mention age difference as that is a violation of the constitution against age discriminition

but they do use it against the older woman

good luck and don't be scared

be confident and honest

be serious as the embassy takes this serious

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.